Everything but nothing changes

General Udon Thani topics only!
Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Everything but nothing changes

Post by Kenr6583 » June 23, 2021, 2:46 am

It's a shame that Trump lied to the American people about the "Wuhan Flu" in the very beginning, the truth would have allowed the American people to make choices for themselves.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 23, 2021, 6:07 am

https://thelibertyloft.com/new-harvard- ... unscathed/
New Harvard Data (Accidentally) Reveal How Lockdowns Crushed the Working Class While Leaving Elites Unscathed

(from Harvard University, Brown University, and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation)
Some critics argue that the pandemic, not government lockdowns, are the true source of this economic duress. While there’s no doubt the virus itself played some role, government lockdowns were undoubtedly the single biggest factor. It’s pretty intuitive that ordering people not to patronize businesses and criminalizing peoples’ livelihoods would hurt the economy. This intuition is confirmed by data and studies showing as much. And don’t forget the fact that heavy lockdown states have consistently had much higher unemployment rates than states that took a more laissez-faire approach.

Others might insist that the mitigation of the spread of COVID-19 accomplished by lockdowns justifies this economic fallout. But this argument fails to account for the many peer-reviewed studies showing lockdown orders did not effectively slow the pandemic’s spread, or the painfully inconvenient fact that most COVID-19 spread occurred not in workplaces, restaurants, or gyms but at home. (Making “stay-at-home orders” seem like an astonishing mistake in hindsight.)

So, all lockdowns really seem to have accomplished is at best a mild delay in the pandemic’s trajectory in exchange for a host of lethal unintended consequences such as a mental health crisis and skyrocketing drug overdoses. And, as we now know, a highly regressive economic fallout for the working class.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 23, 2021, 9:27 am

Giggle wrote:
June 22, 2021, 11:12 pm
They're islands. Duh.
Sydney is not an island.
Victoria is not an island.
Western Australia is not an island.

The lockdowns were internal as well as external.

Duh!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » June 23, 2021, 10:35 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
June 21, 2021, 10:04 pm
And it's funny how someone can claim that the covid-19 virus has a lower mortality rate than the seasonal flu when in fact it's 10x greater. Or how the WHO, the CDC, and Dr. Fauci prevented herd immunity because government leaders blindly trusted them, even though the previous POTUS publicly stated that he did not listen to them or follow their advice from the very beginning. Someone needs to try again
2020 deaths in the uk from flu was 4000, covid deaths so far in the uk 120,000 . both numbers greatly reduced with lockdowns.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 23, 2021, 12:10 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 23, 2021, 9:27 am
Giggle wrote:
June 22, 2021, 11:12 pm
They're islands. Duh.
Sydney is not an island.
Victoria is not an island.
Western Australia is not an island.

The lockdowns were internal as well as external.

Duh!
Ease up Jack!

[Redacted by Moderator]

YOUTUBE MS CAROLINA ON MAPS. it is hilarious
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 24, 2021, 6:20 am

Mark Woolhouse, OBE, a member of the Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours that advises the British Government:
“Lockdown was a panic measure and I believe history will say trying to control Covid-19 through lockdown was a monumental mistake on a global scale, the cure was worse than the disease.

“I never want to see national lockdown again. It was always a temporary measure that simply delayed the stage of the epidemic we see now. It was never going to change anything fundamentally, however low we drove down the number of cases, and now we know more about the virus and how to track it we should not be in this position again.

“We absolutely should never return to a position where children cannot play or go to school.

“I believe the harm lockdown is doing to our education, health care access, and broader aspects of our economy and society will turn out to be at least as great as the harm done by Covid-19.”

Coerced Cowardice

the fear ratio . mortality and fear usually go together in past pandemics but not with covid . excessive fear among those least likely to die from covid . too many remain unreasonably frightened and they hate the rest of us who consult the data and are not unreasonably frightened . they love the lockdown because that coerced cowardice and everyone had to act unreasonably hysterically and terrified as they are all the time .
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 27, 2021, 1:08 pm

Nice video. When the USA had 33,000 cases Woolhouse favoured the Swedish model (nice one). He has since moved his family to the New Hebrides to escape the virus. A hypocrite of the highest order.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 27, 2021, 1:24 pm

Mark Woolhouse encourages government to prolong lockdown, a full 180 degree turn from his position at the start of the Covid breakout. No longer defending 'Coerced Cowardice' 4 million official deaths and the awful failure of the Swedish model, is a powerful repudiation of his initial flawed viewpoint.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/health-ne ... hock-data/

Only malicious fools would spread misinformation about his earlier flawed viewpoint.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 27, 2021, 7:25 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 27, 2021, 1:24 pm
Mark Woolhouse encourages government to prolong lockdown, a full 180 degree turn from his position at the start of the Covid breakout. No longer defending 'Coerced Cowardice' 4 million official deaths and the awful failure of the Swedish model, is a powerful repudiation of his initial flawed viewpoint.
Ooops! :D

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 27, 2021, 8:02 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 27, 2021, 7:25 pm
Whistler wrote:
June 27, 2021, 1:24 pm
Ooops! :D
It's interesting Jack.

In fact the video is not from Woolhouse, it is from Bill Whittle a Right Wing nutjob and conspiracy theorist.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 27, 2021, 9:10 pm

Yes, but the common/connecting theme from LS's post is his apparent pooh-poohing of "lockdown", based on 2 different sources.

Unfortunately, as you point out, the person with some credibility on the subject has now done a 180 degree turn.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » June 28, 2021, 5:47 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/health-ne ... hock-data/

this link did not provide any thing that recants any Woolhouse quotes or beliefs on the horrible effects of lockdowns . he is providing political cover and support for Boris . he is probably under political pressure because of his past honesty which is being supported more and more through data and evidence and science which increasingly shows that lockdown health results are in most cases worse or even no better than equal to communities that did not lock down . data and evidence and science also shows that herd immunity was also stifled by lockdowns .

the link even makes the statement that all of the drama is based on one paper
"The paper is just one projection and may never be realised."
scenarios and models and projections are cited throughout this news even though so many scenarios and models and projections have been wrong from the very start of this virus which has a 90%+ recovery rate . some pandemic LOL

the previous views of Woolhouse on lockdowns are still his views until and unless he fully recants . boris is just trying to coerce more cowardice .

https://www.themainewire.com/2021/06/lo ... the-virus/
Lockdowns devastated the poor, not the virus

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lockdowns- ... 1620596906
Lockdowns Didn’t Stop Covid
A new study finds more virus spread inside homes than work places.

https://trialsitenews.com/how-covid-loc ... tte-class/
How COVID lockdowns failed to protect the vulnerable and instead fattened up the laptop privileged ‘café latte’ class
We instead locked down the ‘well’ and healthy in society, which is unscientific and nonsensical, while at the same time failing to properly protect the actual group that lockdowns were proposed to protect, the vulnerable and elderly. We actually did the opposite.
These advisors and governments lied about equal risk to all of becoming ill if infected, and this damaged the response. They lied about asymptomatic spread and recurrent infection, for our detailed examinations have shown these to be very rare if at all. They lied that the RT-PCR test was a valid test and to be used. They set cycle count thresholds (Ct) for PCR positive of 40 and above knowing that 20 to 24 was the threshold for viable, culturable infectious virus. They knew that Ct of 30 and above was denoting viral dust and fragments and non-infectious, non-pathogenic virus. They also misled the public that COVID recovered persons are to be vaccinated, and that children are to be vaccinated. They know the risk to children is so very negligible (even less than the seasonal flu) and that the vaccine has potential harms for children, yet they, combined with the CDC and Fauci, continue to provoke fear into parents to vaccinate their children.
Early data was showing us that people over 75 to 80 years old were over 10,000 times more likely to die of COVID-19 if infected than someone under 10 years old. Thus, why would we have a blanket carte blanche lockdown when there is so much risk differential?

https://mises.org/wire/covid-lockdowns- ... ave-become
The Covid Lockdowns Showed Us How Dangerous Social Engineers Have Become
Social engineers of the pandemic have been largely successful in convincing the masses that the oppressive lockdown measures that they are being forced to endure are ultimately in the best interests of society as a whole. In many instances, they have managed to make many people believe that the goals of the lockdowns are in fact their own goals. At the same time, social engineers have been discouraging “criticism,” as they do not “easily hear of complaints concerning the measures” that they have instituted.4 Accordingly, the critical views put forth by some journalists, activists, dissenters, legal experts, medical professionals, and anybody else who cares about freedom, human rights violations, and the common good have been systematically silenced.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-lockdo ... 1615485413
The Lockdowns Weren’t Worth It
There’s a reason no government has done a cost-benefit analysis: The policy would surely fail.

We have since learned that the virus never spreads exponentially for very long, even without stringent restrictions. The epidemic always recedes well before herd immunity has been reached.

it has been a long time since british people enjoyed true liberty so I always expect them to follow everything that their government spews .

it is good to see some british citizens who are not fooled .

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... own-rules/
Massive Street Protests Continue in London Against COVID Lockdown Rules
Thousands of people descended on London’s Hyde Park on Saturday afternoon in the latest round of protests against Covid lockdown measures. The crowds marched through Oxford Street before gathering at Hyde Park while holding banners, placards and flags. The crowds of protesters (bottom left and bottom centre) marched through Oxford Street, Regent Street, Hyde Park and Northumberland Avenue as they held placards reading ‘freedom is not for trade’, ‘no to Covid vaccine’ and ‘no to the Covid passport’.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 28, 2021, 8:24 am

I see you halved the deaths from covid 4m which is closer to the mark than your previous 8m

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 28, 2021, 8:32 am

Poor old noosard, a bit of advice sunshine, when you are in a hole, stop digging.

4M is 'Official' death toll, but anybody with half a brain and access to google (you qualify on the second condition),
knows the realistic toll is much greater, 8M is a realistic estimate based on increased deaths since the pandemic started.

Of course, neither, according to your statements is a massive death toll, enlighten us all noosard, what constitutes a massive death toll?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 28, 2021, 8:46 am

To clarify the situation for those that fail to grasp the Covid situation, the death toll is still growing steadily, it will be years before this trend line flattens of drops

This is despite lockdowns, border closures and rollout of vaccines. Countries like Thailand and Australia who looked to have it under control are seeing newer, larger and more deadly waves.

This should be obvious to anybody, but it seems that some on this forum chose to claim other wise. Do they actually believe that, who knows, maybe they just get a kick out of being oppositional.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 28, 2021, 5:47 pm

Whistler wrote:
June 28, 2021, 8:32 am
Poor old noosard, a bit of advice sunshine, when you are in a hole, stop digging.

4M is 'Official' death toll, but anybody with half a brain and access to google (you qualify on the second condition),
knows the realistic toll is much greater, 8M is a realistic estimate based on increased deaths since the pandemic started.

Of course, neither, according to your statements is a massive death toll, enlighten us all noosard, what constitutes a massive death toll?
I believe if I am poor old noosard you must be antique in comparsion
8m is just a guessed number
try keeping to what is the official numbers rather than rumours
Try the road toll in Thailand
Cancer, heart attacks and strokes deaths worldwide
Australia 83 cases previous 7 days, this last 7 days is 168
call that a ripple rather than a wave

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 28, 2021, 5:56 pm

noosard,

You claimed their were no mass deaths from Covid. There are official 4M dead, there are various estimates by epidemiologists that state that number is not the real death toll. The well respected 'The Economist says 7 - 13 million

https://www.economist.com/briefing/2021 ... e-pandemic

You are deliberately avoiding admitting your statement of no mass deaths was ridiculous. How about manning up and admitting you were wrong. So lets humour you, there are only 4M dead, is that not mass deaths?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 28, 2021, 5:58 pm

Not sure about there rest of you, but I am way over COVID. But, we are lucky in many respects, we will survive (apologies to whoever sang that song)

- Our Parents dealt with WW11
- Some with the Great Depression
- The Spanish Flu
- Previous generation with WW1
- Boer War
- Crimean War
- American Civil War
- Napoleonic Wars
- American war for Independence

Most generations have some nasty world event, we are simply getting ours

You started this thread and stated you are over covid
Guess what, you are not and who knows when
Maybe next year will see the start of some kind of normal life
But you are right we are lucky, most of us here will be vaccinated shortly

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » June 28, 2021, 7:09 pm

Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig

This hole I am digging for my self ain't really deep enough. You though I had hit the depths of stupidity, wrong, I have a way to go yet.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 28, 2021, 8:21 pm

noosard wrote:
June 28, 2021, 5:58 pm

But you are right we are lucky, most of us here will be vaccinated shortly
Where does your sense of confidence emanate from?

What is your definition of "shortly"?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”