True internet

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: True internet

Post by Niggly » June 9, 2021, 1:01 pm

parrot wrote:
June 9, 2021, 12:07 pm
Niggly: "My only minor gripe is with internet & mobiles there is no wiggle room, no haggling, no long established customer discounts. The price advertised is it, like it or not. I suppose at least you know where you stand"
At least you can sleep well at night knowing there's not a dual-price standard!
True
(Not the ISP, the adjective in accordance with fact or reality)

Both my mobile & internet packages are more or less what I’m paying in the UK for similar so it’s not bad really & I’m not being over charged farang prices

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2021, 3:59 pm

timmy wrote:
June 9, 2021, 7:09 am
lost internet again yesterday from about 11am through 3pm , its getting to be every effin day now ,
i dont think its got anything to do with our latest outs but about 2 months ago True visited and installed a new router with better power they said ...
some of you have probs with 3BB so i dont know who to try next .
yes i have a Yellow book & Pink card but i dont put any household contracts in my name ..
Only DM had problems with 3BB, most everyone else gets what they pay for.

I can attest that the (maybe) 5 times I have had to call them in (maybe) 10 years, the problem was sorted out there 'in the wild' with only a callback to check if it was working. No dumb, box-swapping 'technicians' telling me my PC is slow, or boring extra holes in the skirting board or leaving sweaty footprints on the parquet. I did once have to take the modem to one of their shops in Pattaya to get it 'reset' but I was smart enough to ask the girl to print out the username and password so I could DIY the next time. There was never a next time.

Up 2 U

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 9, 2021, 4:11 pm

tamada wrote:
June 9, 2021, 3:59 pm
timmy wrote:
lost internet again yesterday from about 11am through 3pm , its getting to be every effin day now ,
i dont think its got anything to do with our latest outs but about 2 months ago True visited and installed a new router with better power they said ...
yes i have a Yellow book & Pink card but i dont put any household contracts in my name ..

I can attest that the (maybe) 5 times I have had to call them in (maybe) 10 years, the problem was sorted out there 'in the wild' with only a callback to check if it was working. No dumb, box-swapping 'technicians' telling me my PC is slow, or boring extra holes in the skirting board or leaving sweaty footprints on the parquet. I did once have to take the modem to one of their shops in Pattaya to get it 'reset' but I was smart enough to ask the girl to print out the username and password so I could DIY the next time. There was never a next time.

Up 2 U
Must be my Scottish and Jewish ancestry but I just like value for money .. pay for 30 days pcm internet service yet get only 3 quarters of it if lucky IMO is a rip off ... still having to have a data package on my phone as back up as 3BB service was so piss poor to the office.

UP 2 ME
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » June 9, 2021, 4:30 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 9, 2021, 7:11 am
There was a worldwide outage of the Internet generally yesterday according to International news, many sites down across the world. here of course that news is NEVER told to you by providers. Could be part of the Internet outage though
It was only blocking for a short period on specific sites hosted by Fastly edge cloud services, who fixed it promptly. Nothing to do with Thailand but international news had it covered.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 9, 2021, 9:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 9, 2021, 4:11 pm
tamada wrote:
June 9, 2021, 3:59 pm
timmy wrote:

Up 2 U
Must be my Scottish and Jewish ancestry but I just like value for money .. pay for 30 days pcm internet service yet get only 3 quarters of it if lucky IMO is a rip off ... still having to have a data package on my phone as back up as 3BB service was so piss poor to the office.

UP 2 ME
5cnlmy.jpg

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 9, 2021, 9:23 pm

No its .... diyerbollical

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 10, 2021, 8:51 am

we have had different internet providers over the years , it started long time ago with TOT (no so much choice) and was terrible , after we moved to udon we took 3BB , but to many outages and bad service (that time) has made us change to true fiber , what was ok again at that time , but the fiber was not exactly fiber , meaning main line was fiber , house connections coaxial cable , so not really full fiber ....and as they did not have full fiber available for our location we changed to ais fiber what is working fine , good english support on help line , +400 Mbps down an uploads for 640 baht ...as info ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 10, 2021, 9:16 am

kopkei wrote:
June 10, 2021, 8:51 am
we have had different internet providers over the years , it started long time ago with TOT (no so much choice) and was terrible , after we moved to udon we took 3BB , but to many outages and bad service has made us change to true fiber , what was ok again at that time , but the fiber was not exactly fiber , meaning main line was fiber , house connections coaxial cable , so not really full fiber ....and as they did not have full fiber available for our location we changed to ais fiber what is working fine , good english support on help line , +400 Mbps down an uploads for 640 baht ...as info ;)
You reading that Tammy ..

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 10, 2021, 10:02 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 10, 2021, 9:16 am

DM
Probably not, it’s raining outside so his Internet will be down

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 11, 2021, 10:14 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 10, 2021, 9:16 am
kopkei wrote:
June 10, 2021, 8:51 am
we have had different internet providers over the years , it started long time ago with TOT (no so much choice) and was terrible , after we moved to udon we took 3BB , but to many outages and bad service has made us change to true fiber , what was ok again at that time , but the fiber was not exactly fiber , meaning main line was fiber , house connections coaxial cable , so not really full fiber ....and as they did not have full fiber available for our location we changed to ais fiber what is working fine , good english support on help line , +400 Mbps down an uploads for 640 baht ...as info ;)

DM
Oops... there it goes again.
5cnlmy.jpg

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 11, 2021, 11:51 am

Years ago I had a huge satellite dish in my yard. At that time there were very few options if you wanted Internet. The service was awful and often it refused to connect. I complained at their office many times and they were no help. They finally gave me good advice. I was told that if I was not happy with the service, to cancel it. I thanked them for the great advice and cancelled the service. After a couple months passed, they had not picked up their equipment. I wanted the dish removed from my yard. The big dish was fiberglass and would make a great birdbath. After my wife told them what I wanted to do, they finally picked up their junk.

Then came True. I was pretty happy with the service so I had my wife sign up for post paid. Everything went well until I started having connection problems. True told me that it was my equipment and not their problem. It finally totally quit working. The office was about 5 kilometers from our house. I complained and the guy in the office told me it was working fine and not a True problem. I had used AIS before I went to the office and it worked fine. By that time, I lost my temper and my wife drug me out of the office after I told them to cancel the program. They refused to cancel and she had to drive 50 kilometers to a bigger office. They charged her an extra month to cancel. I cut up my three SIM cards and trashed them.

For the past few years I have been using TOT fiber. It is very fast and I have been very happy with the service. It quit working twice and both times it was because the village handyman had dropped tree limbs and broke the cable. Both times TOT was there the same day and repaired the torn cable. I signed up for fiber right after I saw them run their cable through our small village. Hopefully the great service will continue.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » June 18, 2021, 12:15 pm

True went down again yesterday at about 4-30pm just come back on line today midday , the true people in BKK say can see NO fault or reason for the breakdown , so thats ok then ..

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 18, 2021, 12:43 pm

Internet companies can usually only say the line is working up to more or less the outside of the property. If True are adamant they see no faults perhaps the problem is inside?

We recently discovered to keep a stable internet service, a ridiculously long extension (for me anyway) had to be heat sleeve attached to the existing incoming fibre wire to the router. We're 3BB so don't know if this also applies to True.

Also after fannying about for a fortnight with our cctv company, we discovered yesterday the fault was a cable not quite seated correctly in its connector. It certainly looked & felt okay but if pushed a tiny bit harder it clicked home, all problems with cctv now solved.

Perhaps a trawl around all the hard wire devices & check the cables are seated correctly is in order

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 19, 2021, 7:12 am

I have True Fibre optic supplying TV and internet. The only problem I ever have is early mornings as they seem to switch on more equipment stopping some web=sit4e3s for a few seconds , after that no problems at all.
Their customer service only have a stock answer, send a technician around, despite proving top them that it was their fault not , my equipment . Which after a visitation he agrees and wonders why he got sent.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”