True internet

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

True internet

Post by timmy » June 8, 2021, 7:20 am

up near Nong Prajak we,ve had no internet from True for 2.5 days , has anybody else had any problems ?
the Mrs spoke to True on the phone but just getting through to them in BBK is murder they blamed it on some cable
or other but this morning we tried it and everything was back to normal ,
i know its time to change to 3BB but the Mrs does,nt like hassle .

Somchai499
udonmap.com

Re: True internet

Post by Somchai499 » June 8, 2021, 7:33 am

My True internet was on and off yesterday, and again this morning. I live about 2 km north of Nong Prajak. Getting tired of True...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 9:42 am

timmy wrote:
June 8, 2021, 7:20 am
up near Nong Prajak we,ve had no internet from True for 2.5 days , has anybody else had any problems ?
the Mrs spoke to True on the phone but just getting through to them in BBK is murder they blamed it on some cable
The Mrs 'doesn't like hassle' so you will stick with TRUE that can't even handle customer service in the local lingo? I see.

I have been with 3BB since it started as TTT (before Gore invented the internet) and have stuck with them through all the iterations in between. 3BB has an English language support desk staffed by very competent English speakers and listeners that understand what you're saying. The very few times I have had technical issues or outages, one call has sorted things and they always call back to check.

More recently, they send SMS messages when there are network disruptions so I don't even need to pick up the phone any more. I get the SMS, shout to the rest of the squatters, "Internet's f*cked!" while hot-spotting to my 300 baht/m AIS data package or, heading off to the pub.

If you have a pink ID card, you can open an account in your name and the Mrs will love you even more for it.

Go on timmy, you KNOW it makes sense. Probably cheaper/faster too.

PS: DM will be along to tell us (again) about the totally ratshit service he gets from 3BB.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 9:51 am

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 9:42 am
timmy wrote:
June 8, 2021, 7:20 am
The Mrs 'doesn't like hassle' so you will stick with TRUE that can't even handle customer service in the local lingo? I see.

I have been with 3BB since it started as TTT (before Gore invented the internet) and have stuck with them through all the iterations in between. 3BB has an English language support desk staffed by very competent English speakers and listeners that understand what you're saying. The very few times I have had technical issues or outages, one call has sorted things and they always call back to check.

More recently, they send SMS messages when there are network disruptions so I don't even need to pick up the phone any more. I get the SMS, shout to the rest of the squatters, "Internet's f*cked!" while hot-spotting to my 300 baht/m AIS data package or, heading off to the pub.

If you have a pink ID card, you can open an account in your name and the Mrs will love you even more for it.

Go on timmy, you KNOW it makes sense. Probably cheaper/faster too.

PS: DM will be along to tell us (again) about the totally ratshit service he gets from 3BB.
PLEASE keep up at the back .. i most certainly wont as i ditched 3BB ages ago .. i was paying 3BB for 30 days internet per month but at least 5 days pcm it was down and was fed up with the BS excuses and more so the staff in the office 100m away laughing when i went in to tell them how crappy there service was.. ..

To put this into prospective .. its like a customer buying a case of beer from us and there only being 20 bottles not 24 .. IM ASSUMING THERE WOULD BE COMPLAINTS.

DM
Last edited by Drunk Monkey on June 8, 2021, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 8, 2021, 10:06 am

Our True internet was down for a couple of days last week... Tesco Lotus Extra area.
Don't waste your time trying to phone Customer Services... waiting for ages and you get charged.
Either go into True in Tesco Lotus Extra or Central and they will arrange for an engineer to call and, hopefully, fix the problem.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 10:30 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 9:51 am
tamada wrote:
PLEASE keep up at the back .. i most certainly wont as i ditched 3BB ages ago .. i was paying 3BB for 30 days internet per month but at least 5 days pcm it was down and was fed up with the BS excuses and more so the staff in the office 100m away laughing when i went in to tell them how crappy there service was.. ..

To put this into prospective .. its like a customer buying a case of beer from us and there only being 20 bottles not 24 .. IM ASSUMING THERE WOULD BE COMPLAINTS.

DM
Well it took you long enough. BTW, that local shop is a bill payment center, and where their 'technicians' go for a nap, that's all. Their phone-in customer service has always been top notch but having said that, maybe they didn't have staff fluent in Scunthonian?

Good beer analogy BTW, but that's beer which is a fungible, ie. you cant buy a case of 24 internet connections. I doubt anyone gets credit for any internet outage anywhere in the world let alone the itinerant squatters in the perpetually underdeveloped west-end.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 10:32 am

Zidane wrote:
June 8, 2021, 10:06 am
Our True internet was down for a couple of days last week... Tesco Lotus Extra area.
Don't waste your time trying to phone Customer Services... waiting for ages and you get charged.
Either go into True in Tesco Lotus Extra or Central and they will arrange for an engineer to call and, hopefully, fix the problem.
So if TRUE internet dies, one is better driving into town to register an outage and book a service call?

Are you a west ender too?

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » June 8, 2021, 10:37 am

3BB was throttling our access to torrent sites, so we dropped them. Other than that they were OK.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 10:45 am

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 10:30 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
June 8, 2021, 9:51 am
tamada wrote:

DM
Well it took you long enough. BTW, that local shop is a bill payment center, and where their 'technicians' go for a nap, that's all. Their phone-in customer service has always been top notch but having said that, maybe they didn't have staff fluent in Scunthonian?

Good beer analogy BTW, but that's beer which is a fungible, ie. you cant buy a case of 24 internet connections. I doubt anyone gets credit for any internet outage anywhere in the world let alone the itinerant squatters in the perpetually underdeveloped west-end.
The old office 100m was also the call center .. and the staff there in were fookwits .. spoke many lauguages that all equated to nonsense n lies.

Indeed my beer analogy was spot on and would have been so much easier for you to just agree and say as such .. you pay for a product a service and its crap or your short changed you can complain or just move away from that supplier..

udon West side rocks

DM

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » June 8, 2021, 10:57 am

Used to use 3BB pre-fibre days, sometimes slow and that spinning circle meaning loading used to be a common delay. Switched to AIS fibre about 4 years ago and has been very good (plus free tv package). True - here more moans than praises.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 8, 2021, 10:58 am

The 3BB Contact Center number is 1530 (24 Hours) and it's not in the west end.The 3BB shophouses nationwide are not and never have been 'call centers' either. They are where stroppy farangs who only know how to trade in fungibles go for exercise.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 8, 2021, 2:53 pm

tamada wrote:
June 8, 2021, 10:58 am
The 3BB Contact Center number is 1530 (24 Hours) and it's not in the west end.The 3BB shophouses nationwide are not and never have been 'call centers' either. They are where stroppy farangs who only know how to trade in fungibles go for exercise.
It was so much easier than calling the help line /call center 1530 and handy for me to walk 100m down the road and vent off which in turn got the staff there to call the nearest repair guy (as they were based there) to come n sort out why i had no internet AGAIN.. rather than get fobbed off into a Q by the bullshitter at the center.

FYI ..the first office in the shop houses was the base for all the technicians also a large storage yard to the rear of the building .. 3bb moved 3 units down in the same row thus loosing this space so no technicians are now based there as before.

I stand by my point .. crap customer service and/or being short changed warrants a complaint ..and my beer analogy is exactly the same... i just bought a pack of sausages .. said 6 links on the label but only had 4 inside .. suppose thats ok for ee Jammy

Hows the internet in Kandahar ??

DM

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » June 9, 2021, 7:09 am

lost internet again yesterday from about 11am through 3pm , its getting to be every effin day now ,
i dont think its got anything to do with our latest outs but about 2 months ago True visited and installed a new router with better power they said ...
some of you have probs with 3BB so i dont know who to try next .
yes i have a Yellow book & Pink card but i dont put any household contracts in my name ..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 9, 2021, 7:11 am

There was a worldwide outage of the Internet generally yesterday according to International news, many sites down across the world. here of course that news is NEVER told to you by providers. Could be part of the Internet outage though

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 9, 2021, 9:12 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 9, 2021, 7:11 am
here of course that news is NEVER told to you by providers.....
Neither anywhere else in world, in my experience.

But, never miss the chance to have a pop at Thailand :?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 9, 2021, 9:23 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 9, 2021, 9:12 am
Khun Paul wrote:

It's the closest target at hand. Just think of the posts we'd get if he was hunkered down in South Sudan or Washington, D.C.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 9, 2021, 10:36 am

No problems with 3BB at Chez Niggles since we had it installed 3 years ago.
A few short outages usually coupled to a recent power failure but nothing to worry about & make me consider changing provider.

There was a significant speed drop last month & an engineer was out within 3 hours. He’d obviously done something at the box before getting here because the speed was suddenly fine. I think this is the normal protocol for ISP because exactly the same used to happen in the UK, tweak something then tell the customer they’re imagining it.

My only minor gripe is with internet & mobiles there is no wiggle room, no haggling, no long established customer discounts. The price advertised is it, like it or not. I suppose at least you know where you stand
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 9, 2021, 11:47 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 9, 2021, 9:23 am
jackspratt wrote:
June 9, 2021, 9:12 am
Khun Paul wrote:

It's the closest target at hand. Just think of the posts we'd get if he was hunkered down in South Sudan or Washington, D.C.
I am sorry telling the truth is a hard pill to swallow, so often I ask why there is a probelm and in 20 years never been told the reason. Okay it is Thailand but it also happens in other countries ,as I live here I speak as I find . those that do not like me telling the truth go join Donald in America, there are over 80 million that do not like the truth there either.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 9, 2021, 12:07 pm

Niggly: "My only minor gripe is with internet & mobiles there is no wiggle room, no haggling, no long established customer discounts. The price advertised is it, like it or not. I suppose at least you know where you stand"
At least you can sleep well at night knowing there's not a dual-price standard!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 9, 2021, 12:11 pm

Polly Anna II doesn't like anyone relaying any experience that doesn't show Thailand in extraordinary light. He's brushing up for the varsity spot in a few months/years.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”