semperfiguy wrote:
May 9, 2021, 4:27 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 9, 2021, 4:05 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 9, 2021, 1:33 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 9, 2021, 1:07 pm
Goverment will give reduced Water and Electric bills for Maj and June..They will look at your April bill to estimate what and how much you will have in reduction on M/J bills.

Source Thaivisa 05 09 2021

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121639 ... paign=news
Hi semperfiguy

My April 2021 Electricity Bill, which I automatically pay through the Bank each month (on 7th of the Month) was abnormally high, so much so that I thought they guessed it and do not go read any of the two meters.

My March 2021 Bill, was marginally up from that of March 2020

But my April Bill of 2021 was nearly double that of April 2020

I thought they had jacked the Unit Rates up??

pipoz4444
Pipoz, in April 2020 we were given a Covid discount and the bill should have been equal to your Feb 2020 bill. There was no discount given in April 2021 which should explain the disparity.

In March 2020 the Covid discounted bill should have been equal to your Feb 2020 bill, but we were also given a discount in March 2021, so can't explain the difference there except to say that this year's discount wasn't as big as last year's.

Hope you are doing well!
Hi and wish it was, but for the month/year of
Jan 2020 was B 4,445
Feb 2020 was B 3,658
Mar 2020 was B 4,897
Apr 2020 was B 4,814
Which was expected and sort of consistent with 2019

Then come 2021
Jan 2021 was B 4,727 OK pretty close to Jan 2020
Feb 2021 was B 4,439 OK pretty close to Feb 2020 and Jan 2021
Mar 2021 was B 6,403 Opps a slight sudden rise to what I normally pay in the early summer months of May and June. I thought they may have increased their Rates, no big deal

Then 2 days ago,
Apr 2021 was B 11,404 :confused: :confused: I have paid 10K plus in July and August before, but never in April. Did you guys have heat wave in Udon Thani last month \:D/ :-k :-k . :shock: :shock: That amounts to ruffly 2700Units..that i think is VERY much indeed.

I did have the Company installing a Security System back in March 2021 and they may have chewed up some extra power, but that would have been paid for in the 7th April Bill

pipoz4444

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Reduced Water and Electric bills for Maj and June

Post by pipoz4444 » May 10, 2021, 4:29 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 10, 2021, 9:20 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 9, 2021, 8:47 pm
At this time of year I think my Monthly Consumption of Units is around 1400-1500 Units, but they have stopped issuing the Paper Receipts in the Letter Boxes and I cant access the PEA App on my phone anymore, so have n way of seeing how many Unites, I am chewing up on each Meter each Month or how thy calculate it from the No of Units. Bummer

Have to check to see if the neighbor has latched on to my meter :-k :-k

pipoz4444
Pipoz, just curious to know how you know your monthly bill total if you don't have a paper receipt or can't get onto the PEA app. Are you relying on a report from someone in your home and then sending money for them to pay the bill? None of my business of course, but there could be a rat in the woodpile.
No, Semperfiguy, its an automatic payment deduction process, from my Thai Bank Account to PEA, an only I have access to it. \:D/

When I was in Thailand last time, some 20 months back, I went to the PEA and the PEA (the Office on the way to Big C) installed an App on by Thai Number phone (The App is PEA Smart Plus), which then showed the usage (number of unit used) and the monthly Billing Amounts for each Meter.

At the same time I completed a lot of Forms at that PEA Office, then to the Kasikorn Bank, then went back to several PEA Department (in the city center area) a lodged all the signed Forms, which would allow the PEA to automatically deduct the Monthly Billing Amounts from my Kasikorn Account. For those four months that I was in Thailand it all worked fine.

Again for some, the PEA no longer issue me with a White Paper Receipt. The PEA simply and automatically Bill my KASIKORN Bank Account and deduct the money from that Thai Bank account, on 6th or 7th of each month, like any other Banking Automatic Payment System.

And this is for two separate Electricity Meters, both of which are in a Thai Name (as you know), but the money is being deducted from a Farang's Account.

For the first 10 months, when back here in Qatar, the PEA App worked fine on my Thai Phone Number and I was able to check and see my usage of Units and amount for each month. The App would show me how much the monthly Bill was for each of the 2 x Meters and give me a Graph of my usage over the last 6months.

Then my Thai Phone Data Pack ran out and it went Off Line. Whilst I can still use my Thai Phone Number for Banking, PEA no longer loads??. I haven’t yet sorted the PEA App out at this end. It is difficult for me fix the PEA App from here, as I will need to have a Thai translator standing next to me, when I stand in the PEA's Office, next time

Nevertheless, I can access my Thai bank account on line and it all comes up the deduction details. This is what I see each Month.

06 May 21 Capture PEA.PNG
06 May 21 Capture PEA.PNG (4.67 KiB) Viewed 1567 times

As for Khun Paul’s post, it is fact that since I set it up with the PEA nearly 20 month ago, PEA stopped putting the little white pieces of Paper in my Red Letter Box. Louis checks my Red Letter box every month on 5th, 6th, 7th, there are no PEA Paper Bill Receipts. So in my case Mr. KP statement of “ the story no more paper slips is total B/S” is actually the B/S or simply a guess on his part.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 10, 2021, 5:37 pm

My Typical Consumption for 12 months between February 2019 and Jan 2020. My 12 months average was
Meter No 1 744 Units per Month
meter No 2 544 Units Per Month
Total Average for the 12 months was 1,298 Unit per Month :confused: :confused:

In Year 2020, from a Thai Bath point, I used or paid 16.7% more than I did in Year 2019. But don't have the actual Unit Usage Numbers for 2020 to compare.

Electricity Usage and Bill 2019 and early 2020  Rev A.PNG
pipoz4444

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 10, 2021, 6:01 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 10, 2021, 4:29 pm

Then my Thai Phone Data Pack ran out and it went Off Line. Whilst I can still use my Thai Phone Number for Banking, PEA no longer loads??. I haven’t yet sorted the PEA App out at this end. It is difficult for me fix the PEA App from here, as I will need to have a Thai translator standing next to me, when I stand in the PEA's Office, next time

pipoz4444
FWIW I can look at my PEA app on any phone it’s loaded on. It’s got nothing to do with my SIM or data pack, I was using it in the UK last year. However, it needs to be initially downloaded using an account registered in Thailand.
I notice it was updated to V3 7 months ago & I needed to set up all the user info again. Perhaps you need to update? Should be able to do this over Wi-fi seeing as the app is already installed.

You’re using 5 x as many units as us? There’s something wrong there unless you’re paying the AC bill for Central 😳
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 10, 2021, 8:10 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 10, 2021, 6:01 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 10, 2021, 4:29 pm

pipoz4444
FWIW I can look at my PEA app on any phone it’s loaded on. It’s got nothing to do with my SIM or data pack, I was using it in the UK last year. However, it needs to be initially downloaded using an account registered in Thailand.
I notice it was updated to V3 7 months ago & I needed to set up all the user info again. Perhaps you need to update? Should be able to do this over Wi-fi seeing as the app is already installed.

You’re using 5 x as many units as us? There’s something wrong there unless you’re paying the AC bill for Central 😳
Thanks Niggy, great to know

I will need to find a Thai person to help me understand why it wont load or open on my Thai Phone

Is the App still named "PEA Smart Plus", because I looked in Playstore and could only find PEA VOLTA or PEA Cremation or PEA Life or PEA Solar Hero??.

When first loaded the App onto my Thai Phone it was done at the PEA office by a PEA Person, It was downloaded on to my Phone, but under the name of a person with the Registered Account to the meters. Nothing has changed since. The Thai Name on the Account is still the same and I haven't done anything to my Phone, so I have no idea why the App wont open. And I am stuck offshore.

Thanks again

Pipoz4444

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 10, 2021, 8:28 pm

Strange.
I set up the direct debit In the same office as you, I think, about 2 years ago & it’s worked ever since.
I loaded the app myself but it’s on Apple. Yes, it’s still called PEA Smart Plus.
Somewhere at the start of the set up process there’s a little Union Jack which changes everything to English & it’s easy to navigate from then on. The login details are all mine but you have to assign “places” as they call them which are actually the meters & they are all in wifeys name. Didn’t cause any problems though.
I think you’ll hit a stumbling block as the meter details were on my bills which I had to copy. If you don’t have a bill it’ll probably stop you registering the meter.
The meters are assigned places in their system & you can set up multiples. I’ve got two meters so set them up but I guess you can set up many more locations for people with multiple properties.
Sounds like the problem is actually with Android. Maybe they’re not supporting it anymore if it’s not in the play store?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 10, 2021, 8:47 pm

Niggly wrote:
May 10, 2021, 8:28 pm
Strange.
I set up the direct debit In the same office as you, I think, about 2 years ago & it’s worked ever since.
I loaded the app myself but it’s on Apple. Yes, it’s still called PEA Smart Plus.
Somewhere at the start of the set up process there’s a little Union Jack which changes everything to English & it’s easy to navigate from then on. The login details are all mine but you have to assign “places” as they call them which are actually the meters & they are all in wifeys name. Didn’t cause any problems though.
I think you’ll hit a stumbling block as the meter details were on my bills which I had to copy. If you don’t have a bill it’ll probably stop you registering the meter.
The meters are assigned places in their system & you can set up multiples. I’ve got two meters so set them up but I guess you can set up many more locations for people with multiple properties.
Sounds like the problem is actually with Android. Maybe they’re not supporting it anymore if it’s not in the play store?
Thanks Niggly and I will tough it out and try to find the answer.

Re Bill: Thanks for the memory jog, I may have the old meter Bills from 2019

Dropped you a PM by the way

Cheers \:D/

pipoz44444

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 10, 2021, 8:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 10, 2021, 8:47 pm

Thanks Niggly and I will tough it out and try to find the answer.

Re Bill: Thanks for the memory jog, I may have the old meter Bills from 2019

Dropped you a PM by the way

Cheers \:D/

pipoz44444
I’ve just had a peek in my admittedly limited access to the Play Store & can’t see the app either.

A bit of further digging shows my Google account as being in the UK which makes sense as I set everything up years ago.
I’m guessing here but I think you’ll find your Play Store account is not Thailand hence the PEA office setting it up on one of their names.
A quick search suggests you can change store countries on Android, unfortunately I’ve yet to find this option looking in from Apple. However, if you find it you may choose not to change counties as you can only do it twice a year so you’ll only be doing it for this app.

PS
No PMs in my inbox?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 10, 2021, 9:54 pm

Thanks Niggly for the info and all sorted out and now back on line with the PEA App \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .

All the info from 01 March 2020 up to Yesterday is there in the PEA App. Plus the two Charts from Nov 2020 up to Yesterday

You were right, it was an Android issue and not a PEA one

April 2021 was
Meter No 1 1506 Units
Meter No 2 1079 Units

March 2021 was
Meter No 1 961 Units
Meter No 2 685 Units

I will just write of April as an odd month and assume all the AC's were working overtime during April. :-k :-k [-o<

Thank again

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 11, 2021, 6:44 am

A few years ago we had tremendous problems with power outages, disruptions to the power, never bothered with an UPS, so not really interested, as long as I had it I was a happy chappy.
Then over a period of four days they replaced the main power lines from the Main Sakon Road, adding transformers and more Soi cut-offs . I was told that not only did the lines need replacing but also buildings springing up had made the old lines unable to deal with the power required . Since then power cuts only operate when a severe storm damages something or someone knocks down a power pole. But olf note was one very small soi with three buildings had a major problem as they were all on the main grid with narry a meter in sight, how I have no idea but it happens more often than we realise .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 11, 2021, 9:29 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 10, 2021, 9:54 pm
Thanks Niggly for the info and all sorted out and now back on line with the PEA App \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ .

All the info from 01 March 2020 up to Yesterday is there in the PEA App. Plus the two Charts from Nov 2020 up to Yesterday

April 2021 was
Meter No 1 1506 Units
Meter No 2 1079 Units

March 2021 was
Meter No 1 961 Units
Meter No 2 685 Units

I will just write of April as an odd month and assume all the AC's were working overtime during April. :-k :-k [-o<

Thank again
March is still a lot of power consumption, twice as much as us.
When FIL was staying with us he had the AC on 24 hrs a day but when when felt cold (which was a lot) he opened the doors & windows

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2021, 9:41 am

Niggly wrote:
May 11, 2021, 9:29 am
pipoz4444 wrote:
May 10, 2021, 9:54 pm

April 2021 was
Meter No 1 1506 Units
Meter No 2 1079 Units

March 2021 was
Meter No 1 961 Units
Meter No 2 685 Units

Thank again
March is still a lot of power consumption, twice as much as us.
When FIL was staying with us he had the AC on 24 hrs a day but when when felt cold (which was a lot) he opened the doors & windows
I would agree that pipoz's most recently billed month-on-month increase is hugely disproportionate. Unless a whole bunch of family has suddenly moved in and are running an extra couple of air-conditioners 24/7, short of a whole other house being connected to the meter, I would be querying that usage. Other members have posted comparisons between their utility bills from the same period last year and none have shown a similar, marked increase. Mine actually went down and as the token farang in the house, I am probably the biggest user of cooling and refrigeration.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 11, 2021, 2:45 pm

Im no electrician by any means , in fact i think its witchcraft , but could a possible dodgy wire underground , shorting to earth not show consumption ?
May be a coincidence but last year my pump house started throwing the breaker . I called a sparky and he found a fault in the underground supply to the pumps . When it was dug up , inside the conduit the wire was basically bare for 4 inches , so it must of been leaking to earth for a while before it actually gave up the ghost and tripped the breaker .
The inside of the conduit was wet , so im guessing the heavy rain the night before got in there and was severe enough to cause a direct short .
I did notice a slight reduction in consumption once it was re wired , and has been no trouble since .

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 11, 2021, 5:04 pm

Thanks Saint

Trying to rope in a competent electrician, to come have a look and check for any earthing faults

The fact is that all the AC's are Mitsubishi Inverters (except one which is a Mitsubishi Eco Slim Model), all Ceiling Fans are Mr. KEN and run on DC Power, Fridges are Inverter type, Lighting is all LED, Cooking is with Gas. With the AC rarely do any more than 3 AC's run per day and that is normally only between say 7.00pm and 6.00am

So outside of that, all I really have left to consume power is my Constant Pressure Pumps, which only work when I open the Tap??

Its got me stumped, unless the PEA did not come and read the meters last Month and decided to just wacked an estimated percentage increase figure (forecast number of Units) into my Accounts. But I can't see them doing that?

Thanks anyway, and I will have someone chase down a "Sparky", to come read the meter and check.

pipoz4444

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 12, 2021, 1:04 pm

Huge electricity bills in April? PEA explain why you're at fault not them!

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/121682 ... paign=news

Source Thaivisa 05-12

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » May 12, 2021, 1:50 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 12, 2021, 1:04 pm

Source Thaivisa 05-12
Yes, DuiDui,

I saw that, but do I believe them :-k :-k

There I was thinking it was only me? =; =; below with Double the previous month. :fryingpan: :guiness:

Extract: Sophon Cable TV in Pattaya reported that the increase in electricity bills - as high as double for some people compared to previous months - were one of the hottest topics on Thai social media at the moment.

pipoz4444

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 12, 2021, 2:26 pm

He said that with many people at home in virtual lockdown due to the pandemic they were opening fridges too often.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 12, 2021, 2:32 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
May 12, 2021, 1:50 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 12, 2021, 1:04 pm

Source Thaivisa 05-12
Yes, DuiDui,

I saw that, but do I believe them :-k :-k

There I was thinking it was only me? =; =; below with Double the previous month. :fryingpan: :guiness:

Extract: Sophon Cable TV in Pattaya reported that the increase in electricity bills - as high as double for some people compared to previous months - were one of the hottest topics on Thai social media at the moment.

pipoz4444
...no smoke whitout a fire..right?To may complaints..so my guess is..hmm..F I RE..;-)..but i guess i have to accept this guys explanation,atleast until i hear something else.

_____________________________________TIPS______________________________________________________
https://www.energuide.be/en/questions-a ... ezer/2132/
Last edited by DuiDui49 on May 12, 2021, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2021, 2:46 pm

mak wrote:
May 12, 2021, 2:26 pm
He said that with many people at home in virtual lockdown due to the pandemic they were opening fridges too often.
I have a tribe of around nine and I have 3 fridges and a freezer. With school holidays, my doors are opening and shutting all the time (apart from MY freezer) and my bill dropped so I call bullshizzle on that excuse.
In addition with people more at home doing cooking fridges were packed with food making them need more electricity to keep it all cool.
More people at home are using Grab and Foodpanda and NOT cooking at home. A packed fridge doesn't use more units to cool down after a door opening event since there's less cold air lost/warm air sucked in to cool down. Stuff that's already cold in the fridge doesn't change temperature by any vast amount when a door is opened and closed. More bullshizzle IMHO

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 12, 2021, 2:54 pm

I always thought a full freezer or fridge used less electric . I remember my Mum years ago when freezers first became popular , the Bejam days , Anyways , she used to put a few loaves of bread in the freezer to fill the empty space .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”