Converting 45 day Visa on Arrival to Non-O

General Udon Thani topics only!
pipadoo
udonmap.com

Converting 45 day Visa on Arrival to Non-O

Post by pipadoo » May 8, 2021, 11:19 pm

Does anyone know what documentation Udon Immigration currently require to convert a 45 Day Visa on Arrival to a Non O
Obviously current passport, qualifying travel insurance, Thai bank a/c with 800k for 3 months, bank letter& passbook and Covid-19 if relevant
won’t be traveling until quarantine is not required
Thanks in advance for all replies

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Converting 45 day Visa on Arrival to Non-O

Post by papafarang » May 9, 2021, 5:30 am

To get the non O visa your best getting it in your home country first ,you need a 3 month non O before you can apply for 12 month. When I returnéd I came back on just 30 day visa exempt and then I had to go to Vientiane to get a 3 month, then after 3 months I could apply for a 12 month. As its not possible to do that now due to borders being closed you should apply in your own country
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 9, 2021, 6:38 am

pipadoo wrote:
May 8, 2021, 11:19 pm
Does anyone know what documentation Udon Immigration currently require to convert a 45 Day Visa on Arrival to a Non O
Obviously current passport, qualifying travel insurance, Thai bank a/c with 800k for 3 months, bank letter& passbook and Covid-19 if relevant
won’t be traveling until quarantine is not required
Thanks in advance for all replies
Travel insurance is not required for a Non-O visas in Thailand.
There is no insurance requirement for Non-O visas in Thailand.
Seasoning your money is not required to get a Non-O visas in Thailand.

If you want to apply in Udon you must have a residence (a hotel is OK) in the udon area. NongKai will issue a visa but they are asking for a ridiculous under counter payment, at least one officer is sending people to other offices like Udon. Udon will not issue a visas to someone living in the Nong Kai area easily if at all. (I know this from personal observation, there was a gentleman sent down by Nong Kai who was being refused whilst I was in process of submitting my extension request)

The rules state you must provide proof that your 800k came from overseas, Udon may not insist on that.

Some immigration offices will issue a visa, some like Nong Kai may ask for over 50k. The official fee is 2k. You must have at least 15 days remaining on your permission to stay to apply for a Non-O visas in Thailand.

The advice to get your Non-O or Non-OA visa from an embassy or consulate outside Thailand is the safest and surest option.

Here are the rules
Non-O visa in thailand retirement.pdf
(136.82 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipadoo
udonmap.com

Post by pipadoo » May 9, 2021, 6:05 pm

Many thanks papafarang & sometimewoodworker😎👍👍👍👍

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”