Truck Insurance/Tax Out of Sync

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Truck Insurance/Tax Out of Sync

Post by parrot » May 5, 2021, 12:52 pm

While we were marooned in the US last year, I opted to not keep up my truck insurance/tax registration which were both due in May. Finally in November, when it appeared more likely we'd be able to return, I had my gardener renew both. The insurance (both mandatory and first class) began in Nov, but the truck registration remained May-May (as I would expect). My question: It's May and I want to keep my registration current: Will I be able to go to the AEK office and do this on my current insurance policy?

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Truck Insurance/Tax Out of Sync

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 1:10 pm

The AEK office is closed temporarily.

The drive-through booths at the LTO north-end of Udondutsadi are open.

Otherwise all business is at the LTO on Highway 2 at Nong Phai and it is busy.

DM recently renewed his license at the LTO in Nong Han. Says it was worth the drive for the fast service.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 5, 2021, 1:54 pm

About 10 years ago my ParaBor and road tax went out of sync my about 4 months. The traffic office made me get new ParaBor to bring it in line, I think it had something to do with them thinking one would have coverage through the full tax period.

My insurance company gave me a credit on the unused months when issuing a the new coverage.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 5, 2021, 2:35 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 5, 2021, 1:54 pm
About 10 years ago my ParaBor and road tax went out of sync my about 4 months. The traffic office made me get new ParaBor to bring it in line, I think it had something to do with them thinking one would have coverage through the full tax period.

My insurance company gave me a credit on the unused months when issuing a the new coverage.
That makes sense........I'll stop by the insurance office before I go to the LTO. Thanks

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2021, 6:08 pm

parrot wrote:
May 5, 2021, 2:35 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:
May 5, 2021, 1:54 pm

That makes sense........I'll stop by the insurance office before I go to the LTO. Thanks
Since it's only the compulsory por ror bor insurance that needs to be re-synced, any refund would be small.

They will probably want back tax for the 'missed' year, no? Or maybe the gardener already paid that? Not using the vehicle and not being in the country would not normally be accepted for not paying road tax but see how they go.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » May 7, 2021, 2:38 pm

Mine are 6 months out of synch and have been for almost 10 years. I have never had a problem renewing the pink tax / test thingy or getting my compulsory insurance done (6 months apart). I always use the place that does the annual test to take care of everything about tax and compulsory insurance etc. It costs me 100b service charge - which I can cope with :)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 7, 2021, 4:06 pm

I'm going to try and pay online via https://eservice.dlt.go.th/ It'll be my Thai homework lesson for the weekend. Thanks for your info, Paul

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”