Soi dog , puppy's

General Udon Thani topics only!
timmy
udonmap.com

Soi dog , puppy's

Post by timmy » May 4, 2021, 3:40 pm

A soi dog that lives in our village , we,ve seen her and her brother around quite a bit, even given them the odd leftover the odd time , BIG MISTAKE last night she came and gave birth to 8 puppy's under my car ... we,ve had to move her to where it stays dry when its raining , we will look after them but F/M thats the last thing you need .... a farther at my age ....
Attachments
181720071_5945053622175117_6882860453598930627_n.jpg

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Re: Soi dog , puppy's

Post by chopperjoey » May 6, 2021, 3:09 pm

thats a very nice thing you did for the mother dog to take her in with her puppies. well, thats the Thai way, taking care and responsibility for your own street.

i also got a dog taken from the street. i was about to take her to the vet to sterilise her when i realisedshe was pregnant.
my experience: i did go around the neighborhood with the puppies and just ask everybody. tip: DONT wait until they are already bigger dogs, NOBODY will take them. As soon as they eat solid food, or rice for dogs Thai style, when they are still cute puppies, go ask around.

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » May 8, 2021, 11:13 pm

A couple years ago there was a female that came to our street. We were friendly with her and several gave her foo from time to time including us. Long story short she eventually brought us 3 puppies, then it was five and finally 9. Wow, didn't expect that. We found them homes and decided the mom could stay if she wanted and we would take care of her, have her spayed, shots and whatever was needed, We use the vet at Radjapat University for our cats and is quite reasonable compared to others. The mom stayed and we are glad to get her off the street. She is not a street dog per se, she has some training, was house broke and very mannerly. She appears to have some breeding and was abandoned. We love her and are so happy we helped her.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 9, 2021, 6:51 am

Armyvet wrote:
May 8, 2021, 11:13 pm
A couple years ago there was a female that came to our street. We were friendly with her and several gave her foo from time to time including us. Long story short she eventually brought us 3 puppies, then it was five and finally 9. Wow, didn't expect that. We found them homes and decided the mom could stay if she wanted and we would take care of her, have her spayed, shots and whatever was needed, We use the vet at Radjapat University for our cats and is quite reasonable compared to others. The mom stayed and we are glad to get her off the street. She is not a street dog per se, she has some training, was house broke and very mannerly. She appears to have some breeding and was abandoned. We love her and are so happy we helped her.
i,ve never heard of a vet at the university , we,ve had our cats spayed but never a dog. i,m told the cost of the " opp " depends on the weight of the dog but we will get her done as her real owners dont careless about her , i wonder if that would be the same if she was a " pedigree " lap dog .

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » May 9, 2021, 9:43 am

There is a veterinary school there. Go in the main gate and take the first right, then the next right and pay attention you will see a building marked Animal Hospital on the right as you follow the road around. The teacher/veterinarian sees "patients" and often has a student assisting for the experience. I would not have said it if it wasn't so.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 9, 2021, 10:05 am

Armyvet wrote:
May 9, 2021, 9:43 am
There is a veterinary school there. Go in the main gate and take the first right, then the next right and pay attention you will see a building marked Animal Hospital on the right as you follow the road around. The teacher/veterinarian sees "patients" and often has a student assisting for the experience. I would not have said it if it wasn't so.
i did,nt doubt what you said was true for 1 second , i just said that after living here all these years i,d never heard of a veterinary school at Udon university , you can learn something new everyday ....

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Post by Armyvet » May 10, 2021, 7:05 pm

Yes, my wife has always live here and only recently found out when their old dog was sick. Sorry If I was rude in my response.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”