samster
udonmap.com

Re: renew drivers license

Post by samster » November 23, 2021, 9:00 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:54 am
samster wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:20 am
- Letter from Immigration as my yellow house book is out of date.
The yellow book (and pink card) has no expiration date. So I assume you mean that you have moved so it is no longer accurate.
Yep

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 10, 2022, 3:49 pm

My 5 yr. licenses expire in a week. Is AEK still open? What kind of hoops do I have to jump through now to get renewed licenses? I need to go to Lao asap but cannot until I finish extension of stay for the year and DL renewal.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 10, 2022, 4:04 pm

Can I ask why you have NOT read the contents of this thread and figured it out for your self?
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2022, 8:56 pm

sgt wrote:
May 10, 2022, 3:49 pm
My 5 yr. licenses expire in a week. Is AEK still open? What kind of hoops do I have to jump through now to get renewed licenses? I need to go to Lao asap but cannot until I finish extension of stay for the year and DL renewal.
Page 6 second to last post!!!!!
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 11, 2022, 12:21 pm

You can ask until hell freezes over, I wanted up to date. But thanks for the smart ass no answer.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » May 11, 2022, 12:32 pm

This thread may help a bit sgt. Its mostly about the office 10k out towards KK (not sure if that one is an option for you).

https://aseannow.com/topic/1249296-rene ... don-thani/

No idea about AEK. I did a car tag there a few months back but didn't notice much happening for DL (but didn't look either) as I was in and out quickly.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2022, 2:35 pm

AEK sub office doesn't do DL any more. As I see it, there are 3 options. In no specific order.

1. Office on Highway 2 south at Non Sung. Follow the latest advice on this and other, similar threads.

2. Office in Nong Han. Ditto on advice, especially that of member DM on THIS thread who pioneered this easy option.

3. Get it done at Smart Drive. Advice in link to other forum in above post (near the end, ignore the faffing about by that OP and advice from clueless people who don't even live in Udon).

General advice. Have the patience to read threads. The current information is there. If it's a couple of weeks or a couple of months old, that's as good as it gets in Thailand. Then exhibit the same patience when you apply by whichever route is chosen as THINGS CHANGE.

Finally, have the courtesy to write up your specific office experience and post here for others who can't be arsed reading it.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 11, 2022, 4:12 pm

sgt wrote:
May 11, 2022, 12:21 pm
You can ask until hell freezes over, I wanted up to date. But thanks for the smart ass no answer.
It is up to date however much you may not like the answer.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 11, 2022, 5:48 pm

Nah, no helping some people. Better keeping him off the roads and pushing "Mares" bicycle around the rice paddies.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » May 11, 2022, 10:35 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 16, 2021, 2:45 pm
Went to Nong Hang DLT office yesterday after taking our little beauty in for her snip then picking up my new extension.
No waiting at the vet.
Perhaps my Google Maps puts this Nong Hang area less close to the AEK location sgt asked about but I may have read that wrong.

Thanks STWW for the comprehensive list. It may or may not hold at other locations since it was nearly year ago (or a couple of pandemic variants ago). This kind of info helps a lot especially when discussing particular GOV offices as we all know the most consistent variable is lack of consistency within the location/officer/timing. Your succinct offerings and thorough posts are much appreciated at least by me. I tend to read past the angst anyway so one can share or keep that part at one's own discretion.

Tam's three points of help seems a bit useful. Won't bother quoting... scroll back for his post, sgt apparently its down two then left. Happy trails!
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 12, 2022, 7:12 am

Potamoi wrote:
May 11, 2022, 10:35 pm
Thanks STWW for the comprehensive list
Thanks for that.
The DLT offices are far less variable in their requirements & while they do change over time they tend to be relatively uniform in the changes and do not change quickly.
The other point is that there were 2 questions, my post answered 1 & said nothing about the other.
Of the 2 offices Non Sung is far busier than Nong Han so allowing for that the total time needed is less in Nong Han

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”