renew drivers license

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: renew drivers license

Post by tamada » June 26, 2021, 12:07 pm

fantom wrote:
June 26, 2021, 11:24 am
Quite so, tamada, but don't forget (D) failure to refer to an official document by its correct title.
I already covered that with my 'semantics' post.

Hold on... Oops, sorry. That was posted in the other driving license thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=52898&p=618443#p618420

As you correctly pointed out in that other thread, it's driver's license, not drivers license.

We could start another thread but I am sure between now and it's expiry, another member will jump right in asking how to renew his DL and do it all for us.

fantom
udonmap.com

Post by fantom » June 26, 2021, 4:56 pm

No, no, no, in Thailand it's a Driving License, remember?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 5, 2021, 4:03 pm

We without the dreaded yellow book and pink ID card are now able to register into the DLT site on our passport number:-

www.dlt-elearning.com

I completed the video and questions = no worries (Same 3 questions several times through the process)

BUT

But the Passport option the Smart Queue app does not work. We booked a time via Mrs Dero's login details which they confirmed as acceptable during a phone call.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 5, 2021, 4:19 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 5, 2021, 4:03 pm
We without the dreaded yellow book and pink ID card are now able to register into the DLT site on our passport number:-

www.dlt-elearning.com

I completed the video and questions = no worries (Same 3 questions several times through the process)

BUT

But the Passport option the Smart Queue app does not work. We booked a time via Mrs Dero's login details which they confirmed as acceptable during a phone call.
Good update BD. So farangs without portfolio can now do the video/test bit online but still can't (easily) book a slot at the office?

Some will say this is progress. I do.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » July 6, 2021, 10:22 pm

Actually, you don't need to book a slot at the office if you go to Nonghan. Just print the "certificate" after "passing" the test at the end of the video and bring your other docs. You need to identify the coloured dots being pointed out on the chart and pay your moulah, then get your photo taken and get your licence renewed. Boom! Back on the roads legally for another 6 years.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 7, 2021, 10:52 am

I couldn’t get the app to work for my visit to Non Sung in March so just rolled up. No one batted an eyelid & I was just given the place number where I stood in the queue waiting to go in which wasn’t any different to those around me brandishing their app screens for the lady on the door to look at.

Granted, a lot can change in 4 months
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 7, 2021, 11:52 am

daithic wrote:
July 6, 2021, 10:22 pm
Actually, you don't need to book a slot at the office if you go to Nonghan. Just print the "certificate" after "passing" the test at the end of the video and bring your other docs. You need to identify the coloured dots being pointed out on the chart and pay your moulah, then get your photo taken and get your licence renewed. Boom! Back on the roads legally for another 6 years.
Over the years using all of the local LTOs tizz my experience Nong Han LTO is less problematic than Nong Soon and the old AEK office .. way less busy and the staff were very helpful... i will use Nong Han for any transport jobs like change of name in book to docs for fitting a box on pick up etc .. they do MOTs as well.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 8, 2021, 3:26 pm

For those in the Ban Dung area interested:-

The clinic issuing a medical certificate has moved around the corner about 20 metres NW of the olde BD Hotel toward the bus station (opp the food stalls and park).

Still 50 Baht and 5 minutes.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 9, 2021, 2:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 7, 2021, 11:52 am

............ way less busy and the staff were very helpful... i will use Nong Han for any transport jobs like change of name in book to docs for fitting a box on pick up etc .. they do MOTs as well.

DM
With the way things are going having a "lockdown" imminent I decided to go to Nong Han to do my license this morning rather than risk waiting till next Wednesday for my "Smart Queue" in Sawan Daeng Din.

As DM pointed out it was a breeze, 20 minutes all up = done and dusted AND 6 years to boot as my olde license had expired a month ago, May 2027. =D>

Probably would have been quicker had the process not been disrupted by a arrogant European and his missus butting in during my photo session and started arguing with the officer. Not happy about having to go to Immigration then get a medical certificate! He was insisting his International Drivers license was the Holy Grail and didn't need anything else.
The entertainment was worth a few extra minutes.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 9, 2021, 2:45 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
July 9, 2021, 2:15 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 7, 2021, 11:52 am

............ way less busy and the staff were very helpful... i will use Nong Han for any transport jobs like change of name in book to docs for fitting a box on pick up etc .. they do MOTs as well.

DM
With the way things are going having a "lockdown" imminent I decided to go to Nong Han to do my license this morning rather than risk waiting till next Wednesday for my "Smart Queue" in Sawan Daeng Din.

As DM pointed out it was a breeze, 20 minutes all up = done and dusted AND 6 years to boot as my olde license had expired a month ago, May 2027. =D>

Probably would have been quicker had the process not been disrupted by a arrogant European and his missus butting in during my photo session and started arguing with the officer. Not happy about having to go to Immigration then get a medical certificate! He was insisting his International Drivers license was the Holy Grail and didn't need anything else.
The entertainment was worth a few extra minutes.
[/quote

Pleased it worked out well mate .. i just got the impression nong han office was a whole lot less hassle ..and quicker.

Us Scunthonians do have our uses .. OCCASIONALLY

DM

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » November 19, 2021, 3:36 pm

Renewed 5 year drivers license today.
Logged onto E-learning site on Wednesday.
Watched 1 hour video. 1st about 40 minutes in Thai with English subtitles. Remainder in English. Video stopped twice waiting for a response to questions. Video will not continue until responses are entered. Don't start the video and leave thinking you can just wait for an hour and return. After video went into the Smart Que and scheduled a time. It gave me 2 options for time. Chose 13:00. At the Land Transport office near Nong Soong there were 8 or 10 others waiting for their appointed time. There was a waiting area set up outside. Had to wait for your appointed time before entering. There was a check in area just inside the lobby.
They asked for passport, pink ID, yellow book , current Drivers license and Dr. Exam. Given a reaction time test and identifying colors on traffic lights. No depth perception test. I was told that test was stopped due to covid but will resume at some point. 505 baht and gone. Total time about 40 minutes.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 20, 2021, 7:52 pm

And if you don't have a yellow book and pink ID card, what do you need?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 20, 2021, 8:57 pm

rick wrote:
November 20, 2021, 7:52 pm
The answer to that question seems to be self evident, rick.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2021, 6:10 am

rick wrote:
According to BD's earlier post, your passport and Mrs BD.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 21, 2021, 6:54 am

Tam, Mrs Dero would like to help but she is busy campaigning (yes she is running) for the upcoming elections 5555.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 21, 2021, 8:02 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:
November 21, 2021, 6:54 am
Tam, Mrs Dero would like to help but she is busy campaigning (yes she is running) for the upcoming elections 5555.
Sincere good luck in her endeavours. If she's the winner, does your title become "First Farang"?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 21, 2021, 10:48 am

it appears quite a few of Udon based expats wives are running for the up coming Orbitor and Pooyaiban elections .. adding BDD i now know 3 ... and checking out some of the pics on the election advertising boards you dont wanna be messing with any of them ..one even had a beard and was wearing an army uniform :shock: :?

BTW elections are 28th November a Sunday so ...no alcohol sales ... hang on ..scrub that .

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 21, 2021, 11:11 am

tamada wrote:
November 21, 2021, 6:10 am
rick wrote:
According to BD's earlier post, your passport and Mrs BD.
Errr !! NOT in Nongers,You MUST Have a Letter from Immigration.....NO Letter,NO Licence !!! [-X [-X [-X

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » November 23, 2021, 8:20 am

My 5 year licence expired whilst stranded in UK for 18 months. Licencing office in KK gave me a list of paperwork needed:

- Passport with Visa
- Proof of online learning
- Medical check
- Letter from Immigration as my yellow house book is out of date.

Immigration provided the latter free of charge. Medical check was actually hands on (blood pressure/heart rate/weight/height) and cost 100. Copies of paperwork cost 13.

In and out of Land Transport Office in 1 hour with new 2 year licences for car and bike costing 310 total. Only 2 years as I only have valid tourist Visa presently

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 23, 2021, 8:54 am

samster wrote:
November 23, 2021, 8:20 am
- Letter from Immigration as my yellow house book is out of date.
The yellow book (and pink card) has no expiration date. So I assume you mean that you have moved so it is no longer accurate.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”