thanks all for the advise
cheers

rick
udonmap.com

Re: marriage visa udon immigration

Post by rick » January 19, 2021, 1:23 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
January 14, 2021, 1:49 pm

The standard bank letter and statement going back 1 year- must be dated the same day of Immigration visit.

Bank book - account number page and transactions going back a year. The bank book should be updated same day of Immigration visit, which probably requires making a DEPOSIT. So, if the bank has already prepared a letter and statement, the bank book will show slightly more in credit.
Catch22 - when i did my marriage extension (based on 400,000 baht in the bank) the IO refused to accept my application 2 weeks ago because the letter and bank balance were different by 1,000 baht! Told to get a new letter SAME DAY. This was impossible because the letter refers to previous day's balance, not the day the letter was issued. Workaround - go back to bank and withdraw 1,000 baht, so the book matched the letter (actually slightly more involved, due to interest being added). The bankbook now matched the letter, and was accepted. Last year the 1000 baht difference didn't matter. I'm sure the IO was wrong, but ... what choice do you have?

just a warning. Probably not happen again, but TIT.......

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » January 19, 2021, 2:33 pm

rick wrote:
January 19, 2021, 1:23 pm

Catch22 - when i did my marriage extension (based on 400,000 baht in the bank) the IO refused to accept my application 2 weeks ago because the letter and bank balance were different by 1,000 baht! Told to get a new letter SAME DAY. This was impossible because the letter refers to previous day's balance, not the day the letter was issued. Workaround - go back to bank and withdraw 1,000 baht, so the book matched the letter (actually slightly more involved, due to interest being added). The bankbook now matched the letter, and was accepted. Last year the 1000 baht difference didn't matter. I'm sure the IO was wrong, but ... what choice do you have?

Rick it seems things haven't changed in many years ,when the IO was based at the airport , i went in with the letter of guarantee ,(didn't have to do it same day back then ) i'd brought over more cash in between. the bank book was showing 1&1/2 mil more than the letter , they refused ,i had to go and get a new letter , so ever since i just make sure , first one bank account , second ,just enough in it to cover the requirements ,anything more seems to get their knickers in a twist ,,,,and yes TIT

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 19, 2021, 2:45 pm

^ Sounds like the kid that runs the current Udon Immigration lottery office DOES read these forum pages. How else would he have the smarts to re-invent the same, arcane butt ache as his esteemed predecessors at the airport and Nong Khai?

oldtimeudon
udonmap.com

Post by oldtimeudon » January 23, 2021, 8:11 am

in Udon Thani the rules of extension of stay do not change ....only the words that immigration speak change

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 23, 2021, 11:40 am

oldtimeudon wrote:
January 23, 2021, 8:11 am
in Udon Thani the rules of extension of stay do not change ....only the words that immigration speak change
That is a unique view point and rather different from the majority experience.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 23, 2021, 12:08 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 23, 2021, 11:40 am
oldtimeudon wrote:
January 23, 2021, 8:11 am
That is a unique view point and rather different from the majority experience.
The way I read it makes sense:- The written rules do not change (unless formally gazetted). The IO's interpretation does and in my case it did, cost me a quick run across the road to deposit 100 baht and get my book updated again. Wasn't required to produce a letter or book last year and shouldn't have to, just my bank statement which replaced the Embassy "Statutory Declaration".
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 23, 2021, 5:35 pm

rick wrote:
January 19, 2021, 1:23 pm
Brian Davis wrote:
January 14, 2021, 1:49 pm

The standard bank letter and statement going back 1 year- must be dated the same day of Immigration visit.

Bank book - account number page and transactions going back a year. The bank book should be updated same day of Immigration visit, which probably requires making a DEPOSIT. So, if the bank has already prepared a letter and statement, the bank book will show slightly more in credit.

Sounds like bloody mindedness, red tape gone mad, if you're actually showing 1,000 baht more in your bank book than the letter. But it could be my situation. It takes me perhaps an hour to reach Immigration, time I've collected the witness. I try to set off early to avoid an Immigration queue, ask the bank to have the letter/statement ready first thing to help and it will almost certainly reflect the balance from close of business previous day. But, as I thought Immigration insisted, they want my bank book updated same day, I deposit 1,000 baht, as a transaction is necessary to ensure the book will actually update. Please don't tell me Immigration is flexible, helpful if they don't understand/reject that! I suppose I might argue that, in my case, it's the monthly income they should be examining, not the balance in the account when I choose to visit? Yeah, the alternative is to make a deposit and wait for bank to do the letter and statement after. That probably will mean lunch in Udon!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 23, 2021, 6:26 pm

i do not understand the problem , it is a requirement that bank letter balance is the same as the bank book balance dated same day as application extension , so yes you will have fe make a withdraw and update your bank book before you step in to get the bank letter , nothing difficult to me ,how ridiculous it seems to you , do as they ask and you don't have problems otherwise somnamnaa ...sorry ,and do not forget last item on every application folder , any other document as asked by the immigration officers ,so anything goes ...TIT.. ;)

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 23, 2021, 6:59 pm

kopkei wrote:
January 23, 2021, 6:26 pm
i do not understand the problem , it is a requirement that bank letter balance is the same as the bank book balance dated same day as application extension , so yes you will have fe make a withdraw and update your bank book before you step in to get the bank letter , nothing difficult to me ,how ridiculous it seems to you , do as they ask and you don't have problems otherwise somnamnaa ...sorry ,and do not forget last item on every application folder , any other document as asked by the immigration officers ,so anything goes ...TIT.. ;)
Yes, I think I've been here long enough to realise that if you can just accept the ridiculous, a better chance you'll have a a peaceful life here! :-k :lol:

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » January 25, 2021, 7:52 am

IMHO, Go with the flow and start the process early.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”