The Mor chana app - what you need to know

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: The Mor chana app - what you need to know

Post by Niggly » January 15, 2021, 5:30 pm

Yes, but doesn’t the check out button only appear if you scan the QR code again on exit? Mine does & it pops up with the dumb survey you have to scroll past to get back to the beginning again.
& I keep forgetting to scan on exit.
I agree the time spent is overkill. If there’s an outbreak they only need to know you visited some time after the infected person because the virus can live so long on surfaces

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » January 18, 2021, 2:56 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 9, 2021, 1:10 am
done it today ..

it IS NOT A TRACKING APP tagged to your phone as many immos dodgers obviously will fear .. IMO more so a tracing tool if an infection cluster appears..

easily installed and deleted if so wished .. no brain er not to have it ,,,,,,,,UP TO YOU

dm
You might need to rethink your position on that app now, John. This is what has come to light today:

The developers of #หมอชนะ, the government's tracing app, have walked away from the project.

They say they are no longer involved with the project because of government interference including hiding certain data from the public.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/23011/stat ... acing-app/

Anyone, including we aliens, who is naive enough to trust anything that this present Thai govt tells people, should really have second thoughts.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 18, 2021, 3:07 pm

Ermmmm ..no surprises there ... and more so anyone wishing to get travel clearance for carrying out their normal business activities must have the app installed and active .. so no app you are breaking the law .

Planning another work trip before the end of this month so will update again if its the same or changed at the time.

Thanks for posting that info.

Hope you and the family are well mate..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 18, 2021, 4:14 pm

Niggly wrote:
January 15, 2021, 5:30 pm
Yes, but doesn’t the check out button only appear if you scan the QR code again on exit? Mine does & it pops up with the dumb survey you have to scroll past to get back to the beginning again.
& I keep forgetting to scan on exit.
I agree the time spent is overkill. If there’s an outbreak they only need to know you visited some time after the infected person because the virus can live so long on surfaces
I haven't bothered to do the check out option ever and as far as I know, my extension hasn't been canceled by immigration.

I open the app and after the splash screen, I select Scan QR, when that's a success (comforting burp from the phone) I press green check in button. Then jump back to Data and I'm green to go with the latest time updated. Hit the back button often enough to "exit".

The only way I can completely turn it off is to scroll down the installed app list and hit Force Stop.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 18, 2021, 4:47 pm

I'm more wary of Google and Facebook than I am of the Thai government.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 18, 2021, 5:15 pm

"Anyone, including we aliens, who is naive enough to trust anything that this present Thai govt tells people, should really have second thoughts."

I think that's a bit harsh daithic ........ nearly 50% of American's were "naive enough" to believe Trumps lies less than 2 months ago and 52% of Brits were "naive enough" to believe the Brexit lies 12 months ago. Perhaps you should have just said anyone trusting ANY politician ANYWHERE

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 27, 2021, 8:32 pm

Anyone else’s MorChana app stopped working?

Mine just hangs on the open screen then crashes out. It was okay yesterday.

There hasn’t been an update for 3 months & iOS hasn’t updated overnight so don’t know what it could be

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 27, 2021, 8:38 pm

Niggles, I heard that theres a new version starting that has options re vaccines etc (second hand info so not sure how much is true)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2021, 8:41 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:32 pm
Anyone else’s MorChana app stopped working?

Mine just hangs on the open screen then crashes out. It was okay yesterday.

There hasn’t been an update for 3 months & iOS hasn’t updated overnight so don’t know what it could be
Yes .. i believe its blocked or defo not working , at first i thought it was maybe under maintenance but as you say its just hangin on the blue page .. needed for logging into some locations more so in my case travel i uninstalled it and installed the Thaichana app to replace it.

It was actually Tam who advised me to check if the MC app was working still he spotted it first.. =D>

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 27, 2021, 8:48 pm

I liked the ThaiChana, quicker & easier to use, but I changed to MorChana as I thought that was the official app.
Also, I can’t find any where to input my details on ThaiChana so not really sure what scanning the we code does. I wouldn’t be able to be contacted would I if there was a local outbreak?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 27, 2021, 8:50 pm

Just noticed an iOS update is coming down from the cloud (14.5). Maybe it will work on this, watch this space 😂

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 27, 2021, 8:58 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:48 pm
I liked the ThaiChana, quicker & easier to use, but I changed to MorChana as I thought that was the official app.
Also, I can’t find any where to input my details on ThaiChana so not really sure what scanning the we code does. I wouldn’t be able to be contacted would I if there was a local outbreak?
You have to use your mobile number to get a code .. so it is logged within the system for contact .

Approx 2 months ago the government were in a disagreement with the MC app ..possibly been pulled ...or as Statts commented a replacement updated MC may appear ... easy to install/uninstall.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 27, 2021, 9:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:58 pm

You have to use your mobile number to get a code .. so it is logged within the system for contact .
On ThaiChana? I can’t remember ever adding any phone numbers. It was a year ago mind, so could have forgotten, can’t see any on the app at the moment.

I find it a bit odd that the MorChana app has only got one review (1/5) in the App Store. I thought everyone was supposed to use it so thought there’d be more reviews

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 27, 2021, 9:20 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 27, 2021, 9:07 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 27, 2021, 8:58 pm

On ThaiChana? I can’t remember ever adding any phone numbers. It was a year ago mind, so could have forgotten, can’t see any on the app at the moment.

I find it a bit odd that the MorChana app has only got one review (1/5) in the App Store. I thought everyone was supposed to use it so thought there’d be more reviews
Last year's Thaichana had issues. I think the latest version has been simplified and debugged.

As DM mentioned, the Mor Chana developer fell out with the government a couple of months ago around the time when the fish market clusters broke out and said then that they (the developers) would no longer be supporting it. When it went tits-up today, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still sticks on the blue splash screen. Uninstalled.

I have installed the Thaichana which asked for my phone number to send the OTP to complete the installation. It probably needs to scan a QR code before it can go any further though.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 27, 2021, 9:30 pm

tamada wrote:
April 27, 2021, 9:20 pm

Last year's Thaichana had issues. I think the latest version has been simplified and debugged.

As DM mentioned, the Mor Chana developer fell out with the government a couple of months ago around the time when the fish market clusters broke out and said then that they (the developers) would no longer be supporting it. When it went tits-up today, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still sticks on the blue splash screen. Uninstalled.

I have installed the Thaichana which asked for my phone number to send the OTP to complete the installation. It probably needs to scan a QR code before it can go any further though.
Cheers, never saw anything about the developer falling out but I usually only get my news from here so it’s understandable.

I never uninstalled the ThaiChana app so will just start using that again. I can’t remember ever entering my phone number but that’s not to say I didn’t.
I always found it easier to use & it had the facility to scan groups of people in one go instead of Mrs N having to scan herself when she always forgot her phone in the car. We could never scan The Girl either because obviously she doesn’t have a phone so I guess we would have just had to say she was with us if contacted.

The MorChana app alway drained my battery too so had to keep closing it

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 28, 2021, 8:05 pm

MorChana still didn’t work after updating everything so deleted it & started using ThaiChana again. No great shakes.

As an aside, I’m really liking the new opening the phone with Face ID function while wearing a mask. It’s super simple now to open & scan the QR Code

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » May 23, 2021, 1:31 pm

Mor Chana app stopped working again & just hung on the splash screen when I was trying to go into 3 different shops.

Tried it when we got back to the house & it worked which was a fat lot of use.

The other app is a lot more reliable

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2021, 6:29 pm

If anyone is still interested in this apps performance, I opened it to scan into Big C as I’ve done hundreds of times before & the screen was blank, no picture, no details, no qr code & probably most importantly at that point in time, no way to scan into the shop.
I re-entered all the details, strangely nowhere to enter my contact details this time, but it still wouldn’t let me proceed.
I resorted to deleting the app, re-installing & registering from scratch. There’s no way of knowing if I’ve previously come into contact with any high risk people which I thought was the whole point.

I notice a new version was put on the App Store 3 days ago so I guess my phone updated overnight

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » July 3, 2021, 8:04 pm

Niggly wrote:
July 3, 2021, 6:29 pm
If anyone is still interested in this apps performance….
mine also blocked to days ago.
no way to get it up to life again.
got very frustrated - so i just deleted the app.
i'll rather take care of myself - i'm old enough to know how.
2564 or 2021 - never mind.
is this all IT has to offer?
frustrating….
:(

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2021, 8:16 pm

^ I used to quite like the idea of being able to be contacted & go for a test if we inadvertently ventured too close to an outbreak but I don’t think that was even working before the update

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”