Karma on the road

General Udon Thani topics only!
rct
udonmap.com

Karma on the road

Post by rct » December 21, 2020, 9:47 am

Saw karma in action. Would make an interesting Karma video on youtube.

Was turning right from ring road in front of Boonthavorn onto Pracha Raksa Road to head into town. The three lanes going straight were clear, but the "right turn lane" was backed up all the way. I stopped at the back of the line, actually blocking the straight lane but there was virtually no traffic.

However a pick up behind me also intending to turn right, did not like the way I was waiting, rather than pushing ahead and creating a 2nd lane to turn right and then immediately merge into one after the turn. I've occasionally seen police there nabbing people who do that, so I do not do it.

I watched the perturbed pick up behind me pull around me, to zoom ahead and do the 2nd right lane thing. He had a large double fridge in the back standing tall. Making the turn, the fridge tipped over crashing onto the left side of his pick up. Easy to imagine some damage to the fridge was done. He immediately pulled over to the left to deal with his new predicament. I was tempted to stop and help him right the fridge (stand it up again in the back) but since there was no safe place to stop I kept going. Am sure he can fend for himself just fine.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Karma on the road

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 21, 2020, 10:06 am

Patience is key wenst driving here .. the time saved on performing such illegal manoevres is at best minimal .. 5 to 10 mins on a drive into town shouldnt make that much difference to act this way and risk an accident , a fine or a damaged fridge .

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » December 21, 2020, 10:44 am

True Karma, would have been if the fridge actually fell off the pick up, and he had to pick it up by himself, as everybody just drove buy slowly and :wave: :wave: :wave:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6T5-Yujenw

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » December 21, 2020, 3:52 pm

Karma? Well, I was diving along Udon Dutsadi road going north.
Some smart ass revving and tailgating me. I doing about 50kph.
So I slowed down. make him back off.
Just nearing turning left to Tesco Lotus he roars passed me.
Cuts in and turns left in front of me .Stops and gets out mouthing off!
Then gets back in the car and roars off! But ahead, the BIB doing a check see him !
Waves him in. He forgot do his belt again! As I passed by gave a little toot!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”