Transport bricks from Chiang Mai

General Udon Thani topics only!
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Transport bricks from Chiang Mai

Post by pipoz4444 » December 12, 2020, 12:32 pm

Hamma wrote:
December 8, 2020, 7:46 pm
I want to buy some handmade bricks in Chiang Mai. It's about 3000 pieces, too little for a truck and too expensive for those only. Does anyone know a company who can transport them (two pallets) as part of something else? Transporting them alone would be 8000 B, overkill...

Hi

It think they probably charge you more for space than the do for the weight, but either way, B 8,000 seems a good price for 3000kg.

I had some timber doors and windows (pre-glazed) transported down from Chiang Mai a few years back, weight was around 1000kg but space filled up most of a 5 - 6 meter long truck. (Truck size in pic below) They charged me B 20,000, for the truck load, so, I would grab the B 8,000 for your 2 pallets of bricks. :D

As Doodoo said, they will burn half of the cost in fuel on the way down and so I presume he needs a backload to make the trip worthwhile

Entrance Door Assemblies from Chiang Mai.JPG
Entrance Door Assemblies from Chiang Mai
Entrance Door Assemblies from Chiang Mai.JPG (39.46 KiB) Viewed 387 times

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on December 12, 2020, 12:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 12, 2020, 12:40 pm

Digging around on old threads on other forums, it seems that Nim See Seng Transport 1988 Company Limited are Chiang Mai agents for other trucking companies. Otherwise it appears they are mainly a North <-> Bangkok freight consolidator with no Isaan hub. I think they also own Nim Express that do have nationwide hot-shot van service but that's for non-palletized goods.

Address: 368/2 ถนน ซุปเปอร์ไฮเวย์ เชียงใหม่-ลำปาง Fa Ham, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50200
Phone: 053 998 888

They reportedly weren't good at answering the phone which seems to be a common complaint. If you are not in Chiang Mai, this may be an issue.

Hiring a 6-wheeler here and riding shotgun would be my choice for the one load. You see them parked up roadside with for rent signs and contact numbers. We used a local one for an overnight relocation to Pattaya maybe 10 years ago and Mrs tam recalls it was about 6000 baht. When we came back 5 years ago, a Pattaya-hired 6-wheeler was around 15,000 but it was a bigger truck, load, more helpers, etc.. Both times, this was an overnight run so truck loaded up on a Friday and delivered Saturday morning with the truck back at their home base before midnight (or whenever, up to them after the unloading). No need to pay anyone for food or overnight accommodation. The distance Udon to Pattaya is almost the same at to Chiang Mai so say 10-hours on the road.

Also, a lot of owner-operator pickup drivers work the grey market running people and goods all over the country. Not sure how to make a contact with such but I am sure they would easily round up a mate with his pickup so two loads, one round-trip and you're done.
bricks.jpg
The Yellow Brick Road

Hamma
udonmap.com

Post by Hamma » January 18, 2021, 7:19 pm

Just an update to close the thread.
I found another shop to buy and they delivered for 6000 Baht. Actually the same price as I got from different transport companies. So 8000 B was too much, even though many of you thought it was ok. Farang price?
Thanks for comments and hints to you all.
Hamma

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”