certification of passport

General Udon Thani topics only!
Airportwo
udonmap.com

certification of passport

Post by Airportwo » December 8, 2020, 3:55 pm

Anybody? easiest way to get this done, needed to withdraw money from MY account!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: certification of passport

Post by stattointhailand » December 8, 2020, 4:20 pm

sorry, am I missing something here??

Isnt the passport the certification for everything else? not the other way round.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » December 8, 2020, 4:59 pm

^ I agree! but tell that to UK based "fund" companies, ridiculous but I have no alternative!

Below are their ludicrous guidelines!

Please see below our certification guidelines. It is recommended that sufficient information is provided by the certifer to enable us to verify their capacity via the internet (i.e. a website link or, if registered with a professional institution, their registration/member number).

Acceptable persons to certify evidence of identity are:

· A member of the judiciary, a senior civil servant, or a serving police or customs officer

· An embassy or consulate official of the country who issued the identification document

· A regulated lawyer or advocate

· A justice of the peace, notary public or commissioner of oaths

· An accountant holding a recognised professional qualification

· A director or manager of an authorised financial institution in a recognised jurisdiction

· An acceptable applicant acting in relation to the application

· An IFA regulated in a recognised jurisdiction

· An IFA who has been signed off by FPIL as a suitable certifier (they can only certify on behalf of the brokerage the status was granted for) or

· An employee of FPIL

* Where the applicant is related or a party to the application or they are the applicant they cannot certify the documents and a third party must act as the certifier.

Please note all certified documents must contain the following:

· "I certify that this is a complete and accurate copy of the original document that I have seen..." (or words to similar effect)

· The certifier's full name and signature

· The date the document was certified

· The position or capacity of the certifier

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2020, 5:40 pm

I had to do this a few years back for Natwest's compliance with new, "know your customer" rules or KYC. I'm a Scot so I presented myself at the embassy in Bangkok where they scanned my current passport onto Embassy letterhead A4 with the added text that they had witnessed both my passport and myself and that it's legit. Then they lightened my wallet by several hundreds of baht.

Here's how it's done these days.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-an ... r-thailand

If you're not a Brit, your embassy's consular office should provide a similar service.

PS: Natwest didn't accept it initially due to petty bureaucracy and blind ignorance. Trusting your financial service provider aren't the same.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2020, 5:44 pm

I note that they will accept a Notary Public's endorsement. I had to do that to prove my Thai residential address to the same dim bulbs at Natwest. I used my Thai DL (Thai address on the obverse) that they translated and witnessed. Looks like they can do the same for your passport (no translation needed of course).

I used a NP in Pattaya as I lived there at the time. Not sure if such an animal exists in this backwater.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » December 8, 2020, 5:51 pm

^ yes, be a lot easier if in Pattaya or Bangkok, but would obviously prefer to do here, had to do a similar exercise last year for another company, ended up getting a statement of address from immigration, then getting it translated, initially they wouldn't accept it, but took it to their complaints department and they eventually did, the worlds gone mad - in case you hadn't noticed!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » December 8, 2020, 5:53 pm

Airport
I just had my ID’s certified, with almost the exact instructions your fund requires, for my personal Superannuation Fund in Australia.
I had both my passport and drivers license certified by a Thai lawyer from the language/ Translation shop adjacent on the right of the black and white checked Landmark building.
It is 1500 bht each document. So depends on how many you need. All done within 2 days, you have to wait for the lawyer to be available.
ID Documents and paperwork delivered and accepted via DHL and in Sydney fund office within 4 working days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 8, 2020, 6:17 pm

Good call Barney. That shop is excellent and I used them for passport translations for my yellow book as well as getting my two boys chosen foreign names correctly transliterated for their Thai birth certificates. I think the only people who don't accept their translations, verifications and certifications are the pedants at the MFA in Bangkok. Go figure.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » December 8, 2020, 10:03 pm

Barney,
Thanks, sounds like just what is needed.
Cheers

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 9, 2020, 6:39 am

PW translations -

http://en.pwtranslations.com/

Panarai Fuongtong is not a lawyer herself but is very knowledgeable about most things regarding visas etc and has a few lawyers she calls upon to legalise the documents that she translates, I highly recommend her services.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 9, 2020, 6:59 am

vincemunday wrote:
December 9, 2020, 6:39 am
PW translations -

http://en.pwtranslations.com/

Panarai Fuongtong is not a lawyer herself but is very knowledgeable about most things regarding visas etc and has a few lawyers she calls upon to legalise the documents that she translates, I highly recommend her services.
Ditto.

laksnrub
udonmap.com

Post by laksnrub » December 10, 2020, 9:55 am

Visa Office back Precha Market did my Certification
Quality is best done first

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » December 10, 2020, 10:04 am

Years ago, when doing an annual extension based on retirement/marriage, the Immigration office (NK) required an affidavit from your embassy stating that was your passport. TIT.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”