dunroaming wrote:
January 3, 2021, 10:12 pm
samuel wrote:
January 3, 2021, 8:32 pm
January 2nd, 2021
1 DEAD, 2 INJURED BY MANIAC IN UDON THANI
story here:
https://truecrimethailand.com/1-dead-2- ... iKQ624-lWw

i start to miss the good old days when udon was a quiet and safe town.
will they ever come back one day?
most unlikely.
:-(
Typical English lout throw the book at him
How do you come up with English lout?

udonfox
udonmap.com

Re: Crazy Udon

Post by udonfox » January 4, 2021, 1:23 pm

I thought it was a local, a ya ba head that worked filleting fish. Am I losing the plot ?

Shake_a_stick

Post by Shake_a_stick » January 4, 2021, 2:23 pm

udonfox wrote:
January 4, 2021, 1:23 pm
I thought it was a local, a ya ba head that worked filleting fish. Am I losing the plot ?
The guy from December 5th knife attacks was nicknamed Jack. He stabbed two girls at a red light, they passed away. He was a pig butcher - and the one you're probably remembering.

The attack from two days ago was a different guy, a 21 year old who killed his grandmother, stabbed a masseuse, and shot a nurse.

I run the True Crime Thailand site. :)

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » January 4, 2021, 3:51 pm

udonfox wrote:
Not at all, you are correct, it's Stantheman who's spreading fake news
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Shake_a_stick

Post by Shake_a_stick » January 4, 2021, 3:56 pm

joepai wrote:
January 4, 2021, 3:51 pm
udonfox wrote:
It's not fake news. There are two incidents. One was on December 5th with Jack, the man who killed two girls at the red light with a knife. He was a pig butcher. And he was not on yaba per medical reports.

The other incident was two days ago. A 21 year old man who returned from England, but us a thai, killed his grandmother, stabbed a masseuse, and shot a nurse.

It is not fake news.

Shake_a_stick

Post by Shake_a_stick » January 4, 2021, 4:01 pm

joepai wrote:
January 4, 2021, 3:51 pm
udonfox wrote:
Here is the article in thai for you of the incident most recently https://siamrath.co.th/n/209083

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 4, 2021, 4:41 pm

spreading fake news or is this fake blame?

looks to me like stantheman just asked where the fake info came from

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » January 4, 2021, 10:10 pm

more Infos about the incident from jan 2nd here:
https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/119977 ... NSBVanNXdU

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 5, 2021, 7:53 am

Just how crazy is Udon ??? ..

I think this is only more important than any other crime because its actually in Udon / local to many who follow UM and goings on in the area and also spicier as the lad had returned from overseas ...

IMO Udon is no different to any other town or city with respect to crime .. as previously commented watch the daily Thairath news channel 32 at approx 6pm to 9pm everyday (8pm to 8-30pm there is the daily Royal news that splits the news into two halves) .. on any given day there are stories of such crimes from all over the country , murders , shootings , robberies ... so

YES a very serious tragic offence committed but lets not blacken the name of Udon when these terrible incidents are very sadly quite regular and normal occurrences throughout the country on a daily basis.

I have always felt and still do feel safe here in Udon , Buriram and Bangkok , safer than walking down Scunny high street ....and Lord forbid Udon and other places around the country see knife crime etc as bad as Sadiq Khans London or Chicago or Moscow or Paris or Berlin or etc etc etc etc .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 5, 2021, 2:20 pm

The wife's take on the murders this month from the local TV news was that the fellow was likely Schizophrenic or Bi-Polar and hadn't taken his meds.. When interviewed he initially said he had no recollection of killing his grandmother who evidently had refused to buy a gun for him...
Dave

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 6, 2021, 7:21 am

I agree with DM on this, serious incidents involving fatalities are a daily occurrence , everywhere, no less so in Udon, however generally, Thais tend to keep them in house , ( family orientated ) and I fear the harder the problems regarding Covid are effecting the average working life of many locals then the more stre3ss they are under and they are quick to react negatively on the slightest reason .
Following my profession in Law Enforcement , I can say I feel safer here than in the UK or other major Western countries .

Neville-road

Post by Neville-road » January 6, 2021, 12:40 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:Just how crazy is Udon ??? ..

I think this is only more important than any other crime because its actually in Udon / local to many who follow UM and goings on in the area and also spicier as the lad had returned from overseas ...

IMO Udon is no different to any other town or city with respect to crime .. as previously commented watch the daily Thairath news channel 32 at approx 6pm to 9pm everyday (8pm to 8-30pm there is the daily Royal news that splits the news into two halves) .. on any given day there are stories of such crimes from all over the country , murders , shootings , robberies ... so

YES a very serious tragic offence committed but lets not blacken the name of Udon when these terrible incidents are very sadly quite regular and normal occurrences throughout the country on a daily basis.

I have always felt and still do feel safe here in Udon , Buriram and Bangkok , safer than walking down Scunny high street ....and Lord forbid Udon and other places around the country see knife crime etc as bad as Sadiq Khans London or Chicago or Moscow or Paris or Berlin or etc etc etc etc .

DM
I mostly only felt safe on a night out with you Jon. Udon is much like everywhere in the world.. Crazy one day and less so the next....

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 24, 2021, 6:35 pm

The man who killed 2 and injured 6 by stabbing in Udon in Dec 2020 was sentenced today to the death penalty. It remains to be seen whether the country will carry out the sentence.
https://www.thairath.co.th/news/crime/2175783

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » August 24, 2021, 7:11 pm

parrot wrote:
August 24, 2021, 6:35 pm
... It remains to be seen whether the country will carry out the sentence.
if not then most likely some inmates will do the job.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”