AIS 1 2 call SIM card expiry date

General Udon Thani topics only!
vidmaster
udonmap.com

AIS 1 2 call SIM card expiry date

Post by vidmaster » November 10, 2020, 2:22 pm

Hi I am stuck in UK and a friend is topping up my sim every month, but it’s not telling the new expiry date
Can anyone know how to check expiry date whilst card is in Ukrainian and cannot connect to AIS network?
Thanks in advance for all replies

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Re: AIS 1 2 call SIM card expiry date

Post by vidmaster » November 10, 2020, 2:23 pm

Car is in UK😔😔😔😔😔

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 10, 2020, 3:00 pm

If the top up is being done monthly, the expiration date will advance by 1 month each time. However, if you do half a dozen, minimal amount top ups consecutively, the expiration will be advanced 1 month per transaction, ie. 6 months. Doing 12 back-to-back top ups will give you a year.

The SIM being overseas and unable to access the AIS network, I don't see any easy way of checking. The AIS app will only allow access via OTP (one time password) so unless SMS roaming is enabled, that won't work either.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » November 10, 2020, 3:48 pm

If you have a Thai bank account get the app and pay that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » November 10, 2020, 4:08 pm

Each time I top up my AIS I get a text showing the current "New Balance" and the clock is advanced 12 months from the top up date. Being as though you cannot receive the text you can assume you have 12 months from the date your friend last topped it up.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 10, 2020, 4:37 pm

if you are a good customer your balance will extend for 1 year after topup , if not ,like me, your balance will only extend 30 days after each topup , i always top up 5 x 20 baht and get 5 months extended time balance , if your friend tops up 1 time @ central using the topup automat ,and ask for a receipt that will have all the info for you ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 10, 2020, 5:30 pm

vidmaster wrote:
November 10, 2020, 2:22 pm
Hi I am stuck in UK and a friend is topping up my sim every month, but it’s not telling the new expiry date
Can anyone know how to check expiry date whilst card is in Ukrainian and cannot connect to AIS network?
Thanks in advance for all replies
It may not help unless you have access to the SIM card or your friend who has access to the SIM card can connect to an AIS partner network, you do not need to have contact to the AIS network.

If you/they can connect to a network then the myAIS app will work,
You will need to be able to contact the person who has the card within 5 minutes as you will need to get an OTP that will allow you to login and see the details.
E0798D9B-5FE9-4EA7-8F0A-BA7FCCD7DB52.jpeg
Phone number concealed
3FF0C7CA-2409-414B-8A51-FB6FA52DBFA2.png
Top up detail
0A74067A-ECB5-4521-8AE0-625BC3D844A8.png
Top up detail
https://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/Interr ... ual-en.pdf

Alternatively call the AIS call Center on +66 2 271 9000. And they can help as long as you registered you phone number with them.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on November 10, 2020, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » November 10, 2020, 5:44 pm

I have the SIM card in the UK so cannot receive OTP
But thanks for trying

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 10, 2020, 5:49 pm

vidmaster wrote:
November 10, 2020, 5:44 pm
I have the SIM card in the UK so cannot receive OTP
But thanks for trying
Just because the SIM is in the U.K. doesn’t stop it getting OTPs if it’s in a phone.

However not having international turned on may stop that so then call the call Center.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » November 11, 2020, 3:36 am

Hi STWW I will try that and revert
Thanks

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 11, 2020, 4:39 am

Reasons to keep an old working mobile phone: We've been marooned in the US for nearly 9 months. We kept our AIS sim cards installed on 2 older phones while we're using newer phones with US sim cards. When I do online transactions with our Thai bank accounts, I get OTPs and verification of log on over the older phones. As best as I can determine, there's been no charges for that. I got a notice from AIS yesterday that one of our mobile phones was under balance by 5 Baht. I topped up via SCB online and that took care of that problem.
If the stars align and we're back in Thailand as expected later this month, I'll keep the US sim card in one of the older phones to get OTPs/notications from my US banks.
FWIWD: Thai mobile phone fees are waaay cheaper than anything offered in the US. I lucked out and got a 3 month free offer from MINT mobile when we got here, then renewed for a year for about $120. Our daughter is paying about $100 a month for unlimited data with Vorizon......but she just changed to MINT for $40 a month for the same service.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”