New fines start 1of November 2020..

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

New fines start 1of November 2020..

Post by DuiDui49 » October 28, 2020, 2:30 pm

Among the new fines are:

Driving against the traffic flow or causing difficulty for the traffic (B400)
Driving recklessly which may harm other drivers and properties (B400)
Driving between traffic lanes (B500)
Driving on footpath without necessary reason (B500)
Using a mobile phone while driving (B500)
Overtaking on the left side of a vehicle (B500)
Not allowing faster vehicles to overtake when they indicate intention to do so (B500)
Joining traffic without indicating (B500)
Failing to indicate before turning (B400)
Parking in a no-parking area (B400)
Driving over the speed limit (B500)
Failure to give way to an ambulance (B400)
Riding a bicycle outside of the bicycle lane (B200)
Not wearing a helmet (B400)
Passenger of motorbike not wearing a helmet (B800)
Not wearing a safety belt (seat belt) while driving (B400)
Operating an unregistered vehicle (B500)
Driving without driving licence or unable to present driving licence when asked by police (B200)
Failure to indicate to other drivers before turning, changing lane, stopping or letting them overtake (B400)
Failure to have a red light at the back of the vehicle indicate that the vehicle is about to stop (B400)
Failing to slow down when oncoming vehicles approach on a narrow road (B200)
Ignoring traffic signals and signs installed along the roads (B500)
Ignoring hand signs and whistle sounds made by traffic police (B400)
Causing damage, hiding, removing, painting traffic signs installed along the road (B400)
Driving vehicle without license plate (B500)
Driving vehicle causing a loud noise or dragging something on the road (B400)
Using flashing lights, siren lights as well as strange and loud sounds, inappropriate sound as horn (B500)
Carrying goods longer than the body of vehicle without a red flag at the end of the protruding item (B500)
Carrying human, animals, or items not suited for the type of vehicle as determined by the Ministry of Transport (B400)

Better would be to fine the Police for not enforcing them...

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: New fines start 1of November 2020..

Post by Khun Paul » October 28, 2020, 4:05 pm

All well and good the majority will only be enforced if you have mobile patrols which the RTP do not have, well I have never seen any in Udon stopping anyone for anything .

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » October 28, 2020, 4:28 pm

If the Police / Government want to make a positive impact they need to get serious with enforcing these but also making the more serious offences very very expensive!

Things like failing to give way to an ambulance at 400 baht is a total joke. It should be at least 10 times that. Same for driving an unregistered vehicle; should be big fine and impounded vehicle for 30 days.

Where I am currently working, the penalty for running a red light is approx. 50,000 baht (discountable to 25k if paid quickly). This is huge and you can't buy your way out of it.
You never see anyone running a red light!!!

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » October 28, 2020, 6:52 pm

deankham wrote:
October 28, 2020, 4:28 pm
If the Police / Government want to make a positive impact they need to get serious with enforcing these but also making the more serious offences very very expensive!

Things like failing to give way to an ambulance at 400 baht is a total joke. It should be at least 10 times that. Same for driving an unregistered vehicle; should be big fine and impounded vehicle for 30 days.

Where I am currently working, the penalty for running a red light is approx. 50,000 baht (discountable to 25k if paid quickly). This is huge and you can't buy your way out of it.
You never see anyone running a red light!!!
I have a policeman friend and i once asked him why they do not increase the fines as a deterrent . He told me the fines are kept at a low enough rate so the person can pay on the spot so the police can keep the money . If they put the fine up and the driver cannot pay then he would have to pay at the station and they would lose the money

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 28, 2020, 6:55 pm

The fines are not really serious - let alone the fact they won't be enforced. However, it does present an opportunity for the RTP to up the receipt-less stop and extort.

In most states in Oz, you would put a A$ sign before them, at a minimum.

KP is correct (did I really say that :shock: ) - until the BiB actually get mobile, nothing will change.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 28, 2020, 7:13 pm

Love number one ......... at certain times on NK Rd there are some junctions and factory entrances where driving North on the Northbound or South on the Southbound carriageway becomes "driving against the traffic flow" .........

Nice to see that "driving without a driving license" is still the cheapest fine :confused: :roll:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 28, 2020, 9:40 pm

Looked at that list and saw at least 12 different rules broken today, some many times ...........

I always consider it a good day if i do not get involved in an accident (about 3500 days running so far)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 29, 2020, 5:36 am

Talking about enforcement, I remember in the dim distant past, when the NEW MOT rules came into effect in the UK, there was much gnassaing of teeth and wailing, until that is Insurance Companies stated NO Valid MOT Cert would only clover Thrid party risks and one Police Force did an experiment , set up[ a mobile Car Crushing site next to a Motorway, ( used a stunt car etc ) were doing stop and document checking ro0ad check. When a car turned up with No Mot , immediately crushed it, worked a treat the MOT centres were reporting being full for weeks. What really happened is that terns of thousands of cars that were dangerous were repaired and life for the public just got better and SAFER.

Here if the Insurance Companies just got their act together , refusing to pay out ( apart from 3rd party risks ) of Documents etc incorrect or did not exist then it would change albeit slowly.

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » October 29, 2020, 7:58 am

Wait now, isn’t that the list from “Thai Driving 101; Normal and Expected Strategies”?

Is driving (a motorcycle) between lanes now illegal? Never heard that one!

Whats a necessary reason for riding on the footpath? I was in a hurry? The road was full of cars?
:roll:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2020, 11:46 am

How about B1000 for sitting in the middle lane?

Of course that is predicated on the sensible lane discipline of other RHD countries where slower traffic keeps left and NOBODY rides in the 'fast lane'. A few years back, I was disappointed to see the new signage on Highway 7 to Pattaya that had two and sometimes three separate, lane-dependent speed limits. This only encourages the lazy center-lane hoggers, tootling along at around 50 kph that force people to drive much faster than they want just to overtake them and can even force overtaking trucks into the 'fast lane' These signs also show the traffic speeds so are radar detector enabled so I wonder if they've started doing speeding tickets in the mail based on this useless idea of traffic management.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 29, 2020, 2:03 pm

tamada wrote:
October 29, 2020, 11:46 am

How about B1000 for sitting in the middle lane?

Of course that is predicated on the sensible lane discipline of other RHD countries where slower traffic keeps left and NOBODY rides in the 'fast lane'. A few years back, I was disappointed to see the new signage on Highway 7 to Pattaya that had two and sometimes three separate, lane-dependent speed limits. This only encourages the lazy center-lane hoggers, tootling along at around 50 kph that force people to drive much faster than they want just to overtake them and can even force overtaking trucks into the 'fast lane' These signs also show the traffic speeds so are radar detector enabled so I wonder if they've started doing speeding tickets in the mail based on this useless idea of traffic management.
Well knock me doon with a feather Tammy .. you hot the spurtle on tge head .. thesectwats that stay in the outer "fast" lane doing 30kms n hour shoukd be fined 5000 .. driving very slowly backing up traffic must cause as many if not more accidents then speeding .. in fact 5k.fine plus license taken off em.for 6 months if they got one ..if not bull.whipped down to.the bone .

Btw i go back on my nit seen any smashes quote ..today Nong Ki on hw 24 .. massive pile up in heavy rain at least 3 large sip.laws and a tanker with a huge fire as 2 ov the trucks were totally burnt out ..got to be on the news it was a biggie.

Imo major causes of accidents in no particular order

Weather
Speeding
Booze
U turns
Driving slowly
Red light jumpersn runners
Motorsais n sugar trucks poorly lit
Zero training ..but a vehicle n drive
I
Im.sure i missed something

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » December 15, 2020, 7:58 pm

Anyone been unfortunate enough to be fined yet?

Rumour has it the B500 for driving over the speed limit will only apply if someone screenshots a post here as evidence & takes it to the RTP
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”