The dreaded virus........

glalt
udonmap.com

The dreaded virus........

Post by glalt » October 28, 2020, 11:22 am

We have witnessed the world's economy taking a huge hit from this super contagious disease. All the measures taken to stop this virus have worked to keep the hospitals from being overrun. Thailand has done a great job isolating itself. The big question is how long can the country remain isolated? How long is the damage to the economy, the people, bust businesses and jobless citizens going to continue? IMHO this virus is not going to go away. Everyone has high hopes for a safe effective vaccine. There is only a slim chance that this is going to happen. Eventually the majority of people are going to be exposed until the virus has run its course. Are all the protective measures simply prolonging the misery?

Your opinions please.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: The dreaded virus........

Post by Whistler » October 28, 2020, 11:36 am

I agree glalt, on a few basis.

There has been talk of bubbles, but there seems to be a 'one size fits all' mentality in a lot of places. An example is Australia, if you come from any country where the virus is raging you get two week quarantine (if you are lucky enough to get an air ticket), but if you come from a country like Thailand which is virtually free of COVID, it is exactly the same policy. Frankly, wearing masks in COVIT free places like Udon seems a bit over the top as well.

Authorities can track and trace, encourage sensible measures and prepare to lock down if a regional infection becomes known, that might be an option, the incubation is a consideration here.

On the other hand, parts of America who have serious outbreaks have gone 'under the top', not taking action in these areas is plain stupid. Governments of all persuasions should follow well know guidelines to minimise local outbreaks. We are seeing hospitals overwhelmed in many parts of the USA.

My thoughts, ease up in COVIT free locations, be alert and encourage everybody to take sensible precautions in outbreak areas
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 28, 2020, 11:46 am

The ONLY one i would trust when it comes to testing for the virus and beeing abel to create a "bubbel" is..Dana White CEO of UFC.The testing and the bubbel has created at Fight Island-Dubai.

The virus,well money talks right,so a vaccine will be found sooner then later,but pushing it out to you and me and millions of peolple,well the poorest will suffer most,as usuall.I not sure i would stand in the "first que"of peolple here in Thailand to get a "shot",but that's what i feel/think now..But like other Forum members wrote,it will get way worse before it gets better..and i think it's going to take time and efforts to get back to some sort of normal.

Globaly it seems we are at a turningpoint,the force of "nature" is remanding us that we can't just going blindfolded true life whithout consecvenses..isn't funny that NASA now found big deposits of water on the moon,while we don't have enough here were people need it most..Look at Butan..

//Alfie

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » October 28, 2020, 12:06 pm

I do not believe in this flu virus, I do not know anyone who has had it or died from it, it is a complete media scam that has ruined so many lives , hospitals were told to give covic as the reason for deaths when in fact they were all natural causes a complete conn.
it is time to get back to normal and hope people can live their lives to the full

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 28, 2020, 1:08 pm

glalt wrote:
October 28, 2020, 11:22 am
We have witnessed the world's economy taking a huge hit from this super contagious disease. All the measures taken to stop this virus have worked to keep the hospitals from being overrun. Thailand has done a great job isolating itself. The big question is how long can the country remain isolated? How long is the damage to the economy, the people, bust businesses and jobless citizens going to continue? IMHO this virus is not going to go away. Everyone has high hopes for a safe effective vaccine. There is only a slim chance that this is going to happen. Eventually the majority of people are going to be exposed until the virus has run its course. Are all the protective measures simply prolonging the misery?

Your opinions please.
EXTRACT: Pfizer will apply for emergency US approval of the Covid-19 vaccine it is developing with Germany’s BioNTech in the third week of November, the pharma group said, assuming it receives positive results from its current trial.

Albert Bourla, Pfizer’s chief executive, said in an open letter that he wanted to “provide greater clarity around the development timelines” of the vaccine, which is being tested on some 38,000 people worldwide.

No manufacturer outside Russia and China has been granted regulatory approval for a vaccine anywhere in the world, making Pfizer a frontrunner in the race.

https://www.ft.com/content/96614ecd-c85 ... c050c5c847

One can only hope, that if its coming from Pfizer, it should be very effective in the fight against Covid 19, given that some 38,000 people are currently in trial testing throughout the World.

pipoz444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 28, 2020, 1:28 pm

even in the case of a successful vaccine, how long will it take to inoculate everyone ?
what we all should learn is how to function /live with the presence of the virus , not letting economy collapse ... ;)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 28, 2020, 1:36 pm

Kopkei

And how do we
"function/live with the presence of the virus"? We are trying to do that now and it aint working!
Suggestions

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 28, 2020, 1:37 pm

minimiglia wrote:
October 28, 2020, 12:06 pm
I do not believe in this flu virus, I do not know anyone who has had it or died from it, it is a complete media scam that has ruined so many lives , hospitals were told to give covic as the reason for deaths when in fact they were all natural causes a complete conn.
it is time to get back to normal and hope people can live their lives to the full
Every hospital in the world, in every country in the world got this order? So the whole of the free world, the whole of the communist world, every emerging nation, every democracy, every dictatorship, every level of government, every newspaper, every TV station, every nurse, every doctor in the entire world has fabricated this hoax.

All those mass graves in NY, all those funeral homes, all those emergency departments, The White House, The Senate and Congress in the USA are all liars and colluded.

Wow, did they ever fool me.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 28, 2020, 1:46 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 28, 2020, 11:46 am
The ONLY one i would trust when it comes to testing for the virus and being abel to create a "bubbel" is..Dana White CEO of UFC.The testing and the bubbel has created at Fight Island-Dubai is second to none,for how long..we don't know.

The virus,well money talks right,so a vaccine will be found sooner then later,but pushing it out to you and me and millions of peolple,well the poorest will suffer most,as usuall.I not sure i would stand in the "first queue"of people here in Thailand to get a "shot",but that's what i feel/think now..But like other Forum members wrote,it will get way worse before it gets better..and i think it's going to take time and efforts to get back to some sort of normal.

Globaly it seems we are at a turningpoint,the force of "nature" is remanding us that we can't just going blindfolded true life whithout consecvenses..isn't funny that NASA now found big deposits of water on the moon,while we don't have enough here were people need it most..Look at Butan..

//Alfie

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 28, 2020, 3:46 pm

minimiglia wrote:
Well considering there's about a million deaths and less than 10 million infections out of a population of nearly 8 billion you'll find the odds of knowing someone who has died from the virus are very slim.also sitting in a country with near to nothing infection rate you won't come across many deaths.i suggest you pop to Bradford hospital icu and maybe you might have a change of mind.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 28, 2020, 9:26 pm

Well considering there's about a million deaths and less than 10 million infections out of a population of nearly 8 billion you'll find the odds of knowing someone who has died from the virus are very slim.also sitting in a country with near to nothing infection rate you won't come across many deaths
Actually, 44 million infections globally. But otherwise agree with post. Only have one family member in UK dead (distant relation) but my son knows several people from work who have had it.

Minimiglia can continue living in his personal Thai bubble and lapping up all the conspiracy theories. Most of us live in the real world.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 28, 2020, 10:22 pm

minimiglia wrote:
Here you go Minimi, just fill this out, make sure you get it translated into Thai.
FB_IMG_1589299566593.jpg

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 29, 2020, 5:02 am

minimiglia wrote:
This qualifies as the silliest and most bizarre post to appear on this forum.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 29, 2020, 5:25 am

Doodoo wrote:
October 28, 2020, 1:36 pm
Kopkei

And how do we
"function/live with the presence of the virus"? We are trying to do that now and it aint working!
Suggestions
Well I think ( not a factual post ), that initially we have learnt to change our personal health protection from washing hands more often and covering our faces in crowded areas. We are more aware of people around us, if they are coughing or sneezing and generally we make more care.
Secondly as this virus is now affecting us more and more, then how we treat it is even more apparent and like all things we learn globally to live with it, medically we know our inability to kill it and hopefully with a Vaccine we can lessen its impact.

What is needed now is generally for us all to understand that we are all living on the same planet and our individual actions can affect others, so we are all interdependent on each other to remain healthy. Unlike sadly so many in all countries that fight the current restrictions because they THINK they are too restrictive, try telling that to people dying of Covid 19 .

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » October 29, 2020, 8:50 am

If all you sheep believe this rubbish carry on 555555

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 29, 2020, 8:57 am

I think that this is going to get much worse rather than better. People are sick of being careful and restricted. I have a good friend who lives in Florida. He is depressed and bored. I should add that he knows that he is not bulletproof at age 76 but he is more than willing to take a chance and go back to living normally come what may. My friend is quite wealthy and his greatest joy in his old age is travelling. We can come back from being destroyed financially but it has a greater impact on some than others. I haven't read much about the suicide rate but I expect it has gone up a lot. Crime is certainly up. When people are destitute and hungry, they get desperate. life is no longer that important. Fortunately most of us don't have that hunger problem but many others do.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » October 29, 2020, 9:16 am

minimiglia wrote:
October 29, 2020, 8:50 am
Mini,

If you believe it is a hoax, please explain hospitals filling up all over the world, death rates going up during the pandemic without any other explanation, and how a worldwide hoax can be maintained for several months.

A couple of conspiracies have been proven, like Watergate, but within a few months evidence surfaces. Where is your evidence?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 29, 2020, 9:57 am

glalt wrote:
October 29, 2020, 8:57 am
I think that this is going to get much worse rather than better. People are sick of being careful and restricted. I have a good friend who lives in Florida. He is depressed and bored. I should add that he knows that he is not bulletproof at age 76 but he is more than willing to take a chance and go back to living normally come what may. My friend is quite wealthy and his greatest joy in his old age is travelling. We can come back from being destroyed financially but it has a greater impact on some than others. I haven't read much about the suicide rate but I expect it has gone up a lot. Crime is certainly up. When people are destitute and hungry, they get desperate. life is no longer that important. Fortunately most of us don't have that hunger problem but many others do.We have a much much bigger problem...CARING..we have stopped caring of eachother.As long we have money and we can do what we want to do,everything is okey..NOT.If you and can not longer share whithout wanting anything back..ie..sharing and caring by heart,we're domed..more or less..or until Covid or something similar happen to us and our nearest and dearest..Human being is a sorry sight..MONEY..is the mantra to live bye..instead of love and care..My thoughts only.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 29, 2020, 10:03 am

minimiglia wrote:
October 29, 2020, 8:50 am
Since sheep are immune to Covid-19, I reckon we'll all be OK then.

But I digress: giving an equal voice to all opinions and hoping to avoid bringing more species of the animal world to the debate, what is the basis of your reasoning and argument that Covid-19 isn't what it is being portrayed to be?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 29, 2020, 10:28 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 28, 2020, 11:46 am
The ONLY one i would trust when it comes to testing for the virus and beeing abel to create a "bubbel" is..Dana White CEO of UFC.The testing and the bubbel has created at Fight Island-Dubai.

The virus,well money talks right,so a vaccine will be found sooner then later,but pushing it out to you and me and millions of peolple,well the poorest will suffer most,as usuall.I not sure i would stand in the "first que"of peolple here in Thailand to get a "shot",but that's what i feel/think now..But like other Forum members wrote,it will get way worse before it gets better..and i think it's going to take time and efforts to get back to some sort of normal.

Globaly it seems we are at a turningpoint,the force of "nature" is reminding us that we can't just going blindfolded true life whithout consecvenses..isn't funny that NASA now found big deposits of water on the moon,while we don't have enough here were people need it most..Look at Butan..

//Alfie

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”