A MUST HERE !! First class vehicle insurance

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

A MUST HERE !! First class vehicle insurance

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2020, 7:50 am

Just back from a sortee to Bkk n subsequent deliveries in Sisaket Ubon MSK amongst other places .. with the amount of kms we are doing per calendar month always sods law you are going to have some sort of prang at some times and yesterday was my turn .. on the Ubon ring road merrily crawling in traffic a pick up truck in front of me indicated to turn into the slip road for a U turn then realizing the U turn was blocked off with concrete barriers pulled straight out in front of me on the main ring road ..seeing me braked sharply and we kissed vehicles in the rear, just pleased i was doing only 10 kms per hour or could ov been way more nasty .. really cosmetic damage only i could drive the truck back to Udon no probs but heres my point ..

I have full ist class insurance with Virahya ..the other truck involved was owned by a school so governmental ..yet WAS NOT INSURED ..ran out 2 weeks prior ..WTF. The 4 teachers inside wanted a quick cash settled from me i refused and called Virahya who arrived in 15 mins .. passing police stopped not interested as minor n falang have 1st class insurance,, by now one teacher crying ..why i dont know ?? ..

Photos taken paperwork done delay of 45 mins .. excellent service by the insurance co n the guy attending Mr Kittisak.

It was explained to me by the insurance guy that even though the rot chon was not my fault entirely in THAI LAW i hit them in the rear so deemed my fault even tho the teachers admitted to doing a dangerous manoevre causing me to clip them ..

Big hearted DM agreed to agree to allow my insurance to fix their very slightly damaged rear bumper n tailgate .. and totally refused point blank to pay any money at the scene as one of the teachers could smell some money.

We can go years n years paying for first class insurance without having an accident ..but experiences like mine yesterday highlight why IMO ITS A MUST .. as something that isnt your fault suddenly becomes your fault and in many many cases another party will be NOT INSURED .. as in this case ..

Similar vain .. few days traveling in rainy season i saw 5 serious accidents and numerous vehicles off road overturned etc .... by far the worst just outside Udon on highway 2 at 10pm last night .. white Fortuna smashed to pieces and at least 10 or 15 recovery and medical trucks etc in attendance ..looking at the wreckage hard to tell how many involved but im guessing the driver of the fortuna couldnt of survived such was the carnage...

SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE AS ALWAYS .

As info only.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: A MUST HERE !! First class vehicle insurance

Post by jackspratt » September 11, 2020, 8:22 am

Was your dashcam footage not been enough to show where the fault lay?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2020, 8:29 am

Viewed by the insurance guy and he commented as my post .. THAI LAW states i bashed them in the rear so twood be deemed my fault although their road manoevre was the prime cause.. regardless they had no insurance n i had first class, yep a school government vehicle without insurance and teachers / school staff smelling a 5k tickle from DM .. then give the school 2 or 3 k ???? ..

DM didnt sale up the Trent on a Woodbine packet n a bit long in the Thai tooth to let the 4 "loverly" ladies grease me into paying .. btw they wanted an ice coffee from a nearby stand as well .. :lol: :lol:

DM

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 11, 2020, 9:28 am

yep,all acted according to the Thais law , it is important as falang you also know well about the traffic rules in los because in case of accident they will always try to take advantage of this, falang or thais involved ...
a friend of mine (car) had an accident with a mb at a 4 junction , the guy having a big mouth saying mb never wrong convinced my friend he was wrong and he paid 2.000 baht to the mb guy, what he did not know then is that mb never wrong is rubbish , and the bike had to give priority to him as he came from left side , left side always has priority on equal sized roads ...so my friend was not at fault ....
other story , our daughter and her husband were involved in an accident a few months ago , at the global house traffic lights ,they were waiting green lights to cross coming from sampow going to nongsim , as the lights turned green they left as 3th ,and a pick up with car trailer coming from right side did not stop for the red lights hitting the 2 first departed and son in law braked and slipped fell only ,he was as many do there, passing on the lane to go left and going straight, to keep the story short ,2nd one only had minor injuries , lady who left first was brought to the hospital with serious head injury , they have operated her twice in the head , leaving her paralyzed for life , despite not stopping for the red lights , the police report said the pickup driver has done nothing wrong and the traffic cameras conveniently did not work , so the lady is paralyzed and left with a stack of hospital bills they will never be able to pay as they are not wealthy people ....so not a hiso story that will end up on tv and newspapers...
moral of the story ,sometimes big insurance, small one , none of it does matter if the rest is corrupt ...TIT..
so always try be careful and avoid accidents... ;)

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » September 11, 2020, 9:33 am

kopkei wrote:
September 11, 2020, 9:28 am
yep,all acted according to the Thais law , it is important as falang you also know well about the traffic rules in los because in case of accident they will always try to take advantage of this, falang or thais involved ...
a friend of mine (car) had an accident with a mb at a 4 junction , the guy having a big mouth saying mb never wrong convinced my friend he was wrong and he paid 2.000 baht to the mb guy, what he did not know then is that mb never wrong is rubbish , and the bike had to give priority to him as he came from left side , left side always has priority on equal sized roads ...so my friend was not at fault ....
other story , our daughter and her husband were involved in an accident a few months ago , at the global house traffic lights ,they were waiting green lights to cross coming from sampow going to nongsim , as the lights turned green they left as 3th ,and a pick up with car trailer coming from right side did not stop for the red lights hitting the 2 first departed and son in law braked and slipped fell only ,he was as many do there, passing on the lane to go left and going straight, to keep the story short ,2nd one only had minor injuries , lady who left first was brought to the hospital with serious head injury , they have operated her twice in the head , leaving her paralyzed for life , despite not stopping for the red lights , the police report said the pickup driver has done nothing wrong and the traffic cameras conveniently did not work , so the lady is paralyzed and left with a stack of hospital bills they will never be able to pay as they are not wealthy people ....so not a hiso story that will end up on tv and newspapers...
moral of the story ,sometimes big insurance, small one , none of it does matter if the rest is corrupt ...TIT..
so always try be careful and avoid accidents... ;)
When did that accident, with the poor woman who became paralyzed, happen? Recently? I know exactly the scenario you are talking about at that intersection. Terrible and sad!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 11, 2020, 10:12 am

I have an old Nissan pickup truck that is used for the farm. My wife and a friend of hers were driving when a fairly new Honda Jazz came out from a side road and hit the front right front fender on the Nissan. It was actually a fairly heavy impact but fortunately no one was hurt. I had a car cam and when the guy driving the Honda saw the camera he admitted that it was his fault. The crash had knocked the camera off the windshield. When the police wanted to see the video the camera no longer worked. I was sure the memory card was OK but it too was scrambled. I spent $40 for a program that would recover everything on the memory card. That didn't work either. The Honda had first class insurance and the Nissan only third party. I thought the guy driving the Honda with the first class insurance would cover everything. That was wrong too. He retracted his saying that it was his fault and by the time the dust settled my insurance covered his car and I had to pay for having the Nissan repaired. I suspect that since the truck was in my name, I paid the farang penalty. TIT! I plan to put the truck in her name when she gets around to it. I had expected my insurance company to defend me but that didn't happen either. Since we both had the same insurance company, they apparently took the cheapest way out and made the farang pay for the damage to the truck.

Another lesson. I now have higher quality car cams in every vehicle and expensive high endurance memory cards. No more bargain crap. That cheap crap failed when I needed it most.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”