Awkward Pussy Cat situation

General Udon Thani topics only!
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Awkward Pussy Cat situation

Post by Khun Paul » September 8, 2020, 10:16 am

Well folks all help will be appreciated, explanation to Follow:
I or rather my Car Port has been used as a breeding ground for a Very Small grey Cat ( Street cat ) , who gave birth quiter quickly and silently about three weeks ago to 4 ( FOUR ), equally small Kittens, two greyish, one orange/greyish and one grey and white from brief inspection all seem to be females .

Now I have been advised to put the lot in a bag and kill them all. Cannot do that .
Offer them to a Vet for rehoming ....Vet refused my offer of free kittens and Cat ( mother still feeding them )

So in a house with just dogs, I now have a quandary, I am NOT treating them with anything, worms etc , just need to reclaim my Car Porch, if you like cats or know anyone who does please contact me and remove the lot FREE, as yet it is all or nothing as Kittens still suckle off Mum.

They are not, injected, wormed or anything. I just assist Mother cat in feeding and water etc.

Tel me 0847 869 680
Or contact me through this site although replies will be delayed I do not sit on the computor I really do have a life . ..lol

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Awkward Pussy Cat situation

Post by tamada » September 8, 2020, 10:29 am

^ Maybe a bit on the small side but that's at least 4 septic tank starter kits right there. Maybe post a link in the house building forum?

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 8, 2020, 11:13 am

hi paul, an option is bringing them to any temple ... ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 8, 2020, 3:57 pm

Dissapointed after such a teasing thread header ..

Kill.em.cook.em.n eat em .. lat khao.with plenty of chilli sauce ..tastes just like chicken !!!!

Only kidding ..as kopkei suggests drop.them.iff at any templecand they will be taken care of and or rehomed .
Probabky be pleased to see the back of you 555 as well.

Dm.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 8, 2020, 5:08 pm

Apart from some answers bordering on the ridiculous, I will speak to my cleaner to ascertain which temple will accept them, they are even by my standards very well behaved, considering .

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 8, 2020, 6:46 pm

I would wait (if you can) and speak with your vet about neutering the lot. We inherited a mom and her 3 kittens from a neighbor. We have had the mom neutered and will do the same for the 3 kittens now that they're old enough. I think our vet told me they need to be at least 2 kgs which they are now. Next week all three will go to our vet for neutering. Cats breed very rapidly. The female mother will be on the hunt for a mate while still nursing the kittens. Many temples will not accept stray pets any longer as they have limited resources to care for them.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 8, 2020, 8:30 pm

Wife adopted a stray cat, it had 2 babies with one dying. She spayed the cats and kept them. The gecko population in our compound decreased by 80% at least. Also no mice/rats running around.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 9, 2020, 12:20 am

id heard of the brit phenomenon of " dogging" in
public explained on graham norton show. it would
seem these cats were also not of discreet breed

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 9, 2020, 7:22 am

That thought had crossed my mind going down the getting them spayed road, any idea of cost per cat ?

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 9, 2020, 8:05 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 9, 2020, 7:22 am
That thought had crossed my mind going down the getting them spayed road, any idea of cost per cat ?
i think the Vet we use is about 600 for a female cat and 300 for a male .. but same the other guy said they need to be 2kg in weight before they will do ,

if you think thats too expensive you can always try the " Go Fund Me " site all the animal lovers in Udon will see you right ..

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 9, 2020, 10:48 am

tesaban has a free service about this , consult your pujaj baan about date and place they are present , they also give free anti rabies injections ... ;)
ask in pujaj baans assistants (lady) shop sukasem phase1 ...

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 10, 2020, 4:14 pm

dump them at the nearest temple? wellll.. some temples have signs up stating they don't want any more cats or dogs. If you were to dump them in the temple behind my place the dogs there would quickly kill them.. While dumping them at the temple will get them out of your car port, I don't see it as some merciful move..
Dave

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 10, 2020, 7:59 pm

I just had my 3 kittens (2 males 1 female) neutered today by my local vet. She charged me 2400THB which included take home antibiotic and pain meds. The weights were as follows - males 3.2kg & 2.7kg, female 2.5kg. No stitches required for the males. The female will have stitches removed next week. In at 9:00AM out at 2:00PM.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 11, 2020, 6:39 am

fdimike wrote:
September 10, 2020, 7:59 pm
I just had my 3 kittens (2 males 1 female) neutered today by my local vet. She charged me 2400THB which included take home antibiotic and pain meds. The weights were as follows - males 3.2kg & 2.7kg, female 2.5kg. No stitches required for the males. The female will have stitches removed next week. In at 9:00AM out at 2:00PM.
seems a bit OTT mike , the vet we use and have done for about 5 years only charges 300 baht for a male cat . and a female from 600 / 800 with all the meds included ..

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 17, 2020, 3:18 pm

It would appear, thankfully thasst Mama Cat has decided thjat living near to three snappy Shitzous ( althoughy they never troubled her ) in not a wise move for her upwardly mobile four kittens . so she has decamped , moved to pastures new . So initially propblem solved, her small niche she was in, cleaned and blocked up. So for the moment I can breathe a sigh of relief.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 17, 2020, 3:45 pm

timmy wrote:
September 11, 2020, 6:39 am
fdimike wrote:
September 10, 2020, 7:59 pm
seems a bit OTT mike , the vet we use and have done for about 5 years only charges 300 baht for a male cat . and a female from 600 / 800 with all the meds included ..
My 55 kilo lady rottweiler was only 3000 with meds etc so agreed seems Peng

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 18, 2020, 6:00 am

It would appear I was premature in my hopes as Mother cat turned back up later with a kitten in tow, damn blast and botheration.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 18, 2020, 6:34 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 17, 2020, 3:18 pm
It would appear, thankfully thasst Mama Cat has decided thjat living near to three snappy Shitzous ( althoughy they never troubled her ) in not a wise move for her upwardly mobile four kittens . so she has decamped , moved to pastures new . So initially propblem solved, her small niche she was in, cleaned and blocked up. So for the moment I can breathe a sigh of relief.
Reminds me of years back when I was working in China, my Beijing-bound flight got diverted to Tianjin due to a technical. My options were to find a bus to Beijing or wait about eight hours for a connecting flight and I opted for the latter. With bugger all to do at the airport, I asked an airport taxi guy if there was anything to see in town and he suggested the zoo so off we went. Entrance was free which all in all was a good thing since the zoo was pretty rubbish. It only had one animal and that was a dog. It was a shitzou.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 18, 2020, 6:46 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 18, 2020, 6:00 am
It would appear I was premature in my hopes as Mother cat turned back up later with a kitten in tow, damn blast and botheration.
i would take 1 off your hands , if they keep staying around your house , we have 6 already .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 18, 2020, 8:07 pm

Having just re-confirmed my understanding of the term "upwardly mobile", I daren't think what the poor momma cat was experiencing when she made the bold decision to move her brood into the soi. :shock:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”