school fees

General Udon Thani topics only!
dragonz
udonmap.com

Re: school fees

Post by dragonz » August 18, 2020, 8:09 am

Ok , but any parent will know you cannot just do as you said and take your child out of school just like that . Perhaps you have no kids . Do not pay and take your kid out of the school he has been in from 4yrs old to 11 halfway through the year is not advice . As i said i just wanted to know if other schools were doing this and as my wife said if thai parents were paying the same as me . I know this school for 7 yrs and they are not good and honest with what they do

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 19, 2020, 8:09 am

dragonz wrote:
August 18, 2020, 8:09 am
Ok , but any parent will know you cannot just do as you said and take your child out of school just like that . Perhaps you have no kids . Do not pay and take your kid out of the school he has been in from 4yrs old to 11 halfway through the year is not advice . As i said i just wanted to know if other schools were doing this and as my wife said if thai parents were paying the same as me . I know this school for 7 yrs and they are not good and honest with what they do
I have 6 children and on occasions for whatever reason have had to change school's, moving house is a good example. If you have known for 7 years the School wasn't honest why did you continue after year 1? I understand your issue believe me but it's a discussion you and your wife must decide for the ultimate benefit of your son

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 19, 2020, 8:59 am

What do they do in Western countries? You still have to pay the same amount on school taxes, which pays the teacher salary. In the US, you pay whether you have children or not.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 21, 2020, 6:07 pm

dunroaming wrote:
August 19, 2020, 8:09 am
dragonz wrote:
I have 6 children and on occasions for whatever reason have had to change school's, moving house is a good example. If you have known for 7 years the School wasn't honest why did you continue after year 1? I understand your issue believe me but it's a discussion you and your wife must decide for the ultimate benefit of your son
Again a silly answer . there are no honest schools in thailand, they mostly exist to sell books and clothes so what do you suggest . I do not send my boy to school ?
Today the teacher told the class (i assume they had a few complaints) that the reason they have to pay for the full term is that teachers have to get paid .
He also told be a lot of kids missing from his class and 3 of his friends he knows cannot come because their parents worked in factories which were shut . Those workers never got paid
. Nobody who never worked got paid but teachers get paid .The fact is i am paying for something i never had and its wrong . My wifes daughter and her partner never got paid when their factory shut 0 baht . The local; noodle shops that shut never got paid . My daughters husband a carpenter in uk never got paid .Thats what the virus did and you should live with it not charge somebody for not working

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 21, 2020, 9:53 pm

So you know in your own heart the answer pay the money as there is no alternative option and no point to complain as no-one will listen

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 22, 2020, 1:12 am

What would be a fair fee? 50% of what was charged? It's not worth getting too worked up about being overcharged 7,000 to 8,000 baht. And if the teachers weren't paid, the better ones might leave. Then we'd be dealing with a different complaint.

I also think there are heaps of really decent people working in the Thai education system. If you really believe "there are no honest schools in thailand, they mostly exist to sell books and clothes ... " then perhaps it's time to move back to farangland.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 22, 2020, 6:07 am

My oldest is complaining because the next holiday period is being cut short
He says not fair, he needs more slack time
I told him he had plenty of slack time this year already
Only doing 2 or 3 days a week now back to 5
Plus the long summer break all the kids had which was a parents punishment
ie kids being bored and fighting
Actually my kids were mostly very easy to get on with during the lockdown

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 22, 2020, 7:04 am

dragonz wrote:
August 21, 2020, 6:07 pm
dunroaming wrote:
August 19, 2020, 8:09 am
dragonz wrote:
Again a silly answer . there are no honest schools in thailand, they mostly exist to sell books and clothes so what do you suggest . I do not send my boy to school ?
Today the teacher told the class (i assume they had a few complaints) that the reason they have to pay for the full term is that teachers have to get paid .
He also told be a lot of kids missing from his class and 3 of his friends he knows cannot come because their parents worked in factories which were shut . Those workers never got paid
. Nobody who never worked got paid but teachers get paid .The fact is i am paying for something i never had and its wrong . My wifes daughter and her partner never got paid when their factory shut 0 baht . The local; noodle shops that shut never got paid . My daughters husband a carpenter in uk never got paid .Thats what the virus did and you should live with it not charge somebody for not working
Your wrong on the never got paid theory, most registered workers received at least 5K baht a month for 3 months in Thailand so your step daughter and her partner probably picked up 10K a month in State benefits. Very few, if any, "noodle shops" closed due to the lockdown (especially around our way) they are a food outlet, you just cannot sit and slurp at the shop. Your statement "there are no honest schools in Thailand" really shows your state of mind. If this really is the case then why not take your adopted son out of the expensive dishonest school and let him go to the cheap village dishonest school, will he notice a difference in the levels of dishonesty or make less friends than at the remote expensive dishonest school. One question, did you actually go and complain or just keep banging the keyboard and let others do the actual task of telling the school you are not happy at their levels of dishonesty??

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 22, 2020, 4:14 pm

Yes I agree talking to some friends mainly Thai, I was surprised that the schools have NOT really educated the parents about the lack of holidays in the upcoming terms until March of next year .
Saying that the school fees cannot be reduced because of paying for teachers, that can only apply to the Private schools as Government schools salaries are paid at source by the Govt .

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 22, 2020, 5:56 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
August 22, 2020, 4:14 pm
Yes I agree talking to some friends mainly Thai, I was surprised that the schools have NOT really educated the parents about the lack of holidays in the upcoming terms until March of next year .
Saying that the school fees cannot be reduced because of paying for teachers, that can only apply to the Private schools as Government schools salaries are paid at source by the Govt .
Not sure about this but when i complained months ago about the total of 15 uniforms and sports kits she said it was up to the government . When i said it was a private school she told me only partially private and was run by the government and the extra money the charged was to give kids a better education. The 28,000 a year for a kid would not be enough without other funding methinks so i bet the teachers are already paid by the government

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 22, 2020, 10:21 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 22, 2020, 5:56 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
Not sure about this but when i complained months ago about the total of 15 uniforms and sports kits she said it was up to the government . When i said it was a private school she told me only partially private and was run by the government and the extra money the charged was to give kids a better education. The 28,000 a year for a kid would not be enough without other funding methinks so i bet the teachers are already paid by the government
You seem to do a fair bit of complaining about the school that you elected to send your adopted son to. As for 15 different uniforms and sports outfits being a Government requirement, absolute nonsense. My daughter goes to a private school and has 3 different uniforms, the standard skirt and blouse combination (3 of the same) and sports outfit and the green uniform for the Thai version of the scouts. How your lad can wear 15 uniforms in a week is beyond me. I see you are now backtracking on teachers being paid by the Government, its now not a fact just a bet. I also believe that the Government pay a contribution by way of a grant to private schools based on a per pupil head basis to ensure the schools stick to National education guidelines but the "dishonest" schools are responsible for salary levels and staffing levels.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 23, 2020, 10:09 am

DQ... it's not just for Blizzards any more.
DQ.jpg

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 23, 2020, 4:36 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 22, 2020, 10:21 pm
dragonz wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
You seem to do a fair bit of complaining about the school that you elected to send your adopted son to. As for 15 different uniforms and sports outfits being a Government requirement, absolute nonsense. My daughter goes to a private school and has 3 different uniforms, the standard skirt and blouse combination (3 of the same) and sports outfit and the green uniform for the Thai version of the scouts. How your lad can wear 15 uniforms in a week is beyond me. I see you are now backtracking on teachers being paid by the Government, its now not a fact just a bet. I also believe that the Government pay a contribution by way of a grant to private schools based on a per pupil head basis to ensure the schools stick to National education guidelines but the "dishonest" schools are responsible for salary levels and staffing levels.
Ok i am telling lies . It is what i do . I was not back tracking as i was talking to a thai teacher and luing is part of thai culture i was not sure what i was told was true . I was told that the government controlled the school as they paid for it and the money the school charged was for better conditions and tuition so i they could not change anything as it was government controlled and the teachers were paid by the government.
School uniforms or clothes just for you.i assume your daughter is not in the school football team
monday white shirt waistcoat blue shorts
Tues green shirt blue shorts
Wed white shirt waistcoat blue shorts
Thur boy scouts
Friday yellow shirt green trousers or blue shirt black trousers or pink shirt with black trouser.
dragon suit for chinese new year last year . wear one time cost 500 bahts
4 football strips for 4 different football competitions , all bought from the school wear once each
2 school football strips worn weekly when he play football on sundays
White shoes , black shoes brown shoes , 1 football boots for grass 1 for indoor

My kids in uk in greeenhill school tenby wales . White shirt , black shorts or skirt , blue jumper with school logo
Sports white shirt black shorts and trainers . finish
No need to call me a liar as i pride myself on 2 things i do not lie and do not steal

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 23, 2020, 7:41 pm

Sounds like your adopted son is doing well, you should be proud of him and pay whatever it costs with a smile on your face.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 23, 2020, 8:53 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:36 pm
AlexO wrote:
dragonz wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Ok i am telling lies . It is what i do . I was not back tracking as i was talking to a thai teacher and luing is part of thai culture i was not sure what i was told was true . I was told that the government controlled the school as they paid for it and the money the school charged was for better conditions and tuition so i they could not change anything as it was government controlled and the teachers were paid by the government.
School uniforms or clothes just for you.i assume your daughter is not in the school football team
Thur boy scouts
Friday yellow shirt green trousers or blue shirt black trousers or pink shirt with black trouser.
4 football strips for 4 different football competitions , all bought from the school wear once each

My kids in uk in greeenhill school tenby wales . White shirt , black shorts or skirt , blue jumper with school logo
No need to call me a liar as i pride myself on 2 things i do not lie and do not steal
So your 15 uniforms "demanded by the Government" are in fact only 4 that are required by the 'school' and the rest are for voluntary extra curriculum activities. We pay money (on a voluntary basis) for the daughters dresses for the School fund raisers etc and she has umpteen what I would term, football tops with the school name on. Do you expect your son to play football in the white shirt, waistcoat and blue shorts? You probably are not lying and I do not believe anyone accused you of stealing but you have serious problems understanding how PRIVATE schools are administered and how they are funded. Believe me the Government has very little to do with it.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 23, 2020, 9:02 pm

^^ Meh, you lost me at "lying is part of thai culture"

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 24, 2020, 1:13 pm

^
+1

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » September 4, 2020, 3:24 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 23, 2020, 8:53 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:36 pm
AlexO wrote:
dragonz wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Thur boy scouts

So your 15 uniforms "demanded by the Government" are in fact only 4 that are required by the 'school' and the rest are for voluntary extra curriculum activities. We pay money (on a voluntary basis) for the daughters dresses for the School fund raisers etc and she has umpteen what I would term, football tops with the school name on. Do you expect your son to play football in the white shirt, waistcoat and blue shorts? You probably are not lying and I do not believe anyone accused you of stealing but you have serious problems understanding how PRIVATE schools are administered and how they are funded. Believe me the Government has very little to do with it.
Why do you talk such bs .i do not expect my son to play in his school uniform but i also do not expect him to buy a new strip for every game . there is not logo on the football strips . you just give 200 baht to the teacher and you get the strip.You are something else again only found on this forum.
Compulsory uniforms
mon blue shorts white shirt waistcoat
tues green shirt blue shorts
Wed white shirt blue shorts waist coat
thur boy scouts
Fri green trousers yellow shirt , blue shirty black trousers , or pink shirt black shorts , all the sport kit bought from the teacher so i cannot say what i think of your answer on here but u understand .So thgat is 8 uniforms
Bought a new 200 shirt this week from a teacher for a game on the 20 sept . only for 1 game . Do not be an aXX and think of the thai parents who struggle to pay for these stupid shirts. Still a few missing from my sons class as they no money as they cannot work because of covid but on course that is above your compassion is it not ?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 5, 2020, 6:59 am

At the schools I worked at , there were many different tops and bottoms that were rrequired and in the main most of the children did have them, but at one school ( no names) most of the children came from poor or poorer families and the director was just happy they turned up, if it was a school against school game, correct uniform/dress was supplied.
For parents I understand the emotional need to supply everything for your child, as your child could become the butt of jokes and exclusion, sadly here schools do not think like that, just wanting parents to pay and pay, with i expect some commission going to certain parties involved.

Rayq81
udonmap.com

Post by Rayq81 » September 5, 2020, 7:14 pm

My daughters school have dropped this year's fees by a fair amount due to the amount of time they were off which is very fair, I agree with the OP though they should certainly not be holing prices this year with all that's going on.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”