dragonz wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:36 pm
AlexO wrote:
August 22, 2020, 10:21 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 22, 2020, 5:56 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
August 22, 2020, 4:14 pm
Yes I agree talking to some friends mainly Thai, I was surprised that the schools have NOT really educated the parents about the lack of holidays in the upcoming terms until March of next year .
Saying that the school fees cannot be reduced because of paying for teachers, that can only apply to the Private schools as Government schools salaries are paid at source by the Govt .
Not sure about this but when i complained months ago about the total of 15 uniforms and sports kits she said it was up to the government . When i said it was a private school she told me only partially private and was run by the government and the extra money the charged was to give kids a better education. The 28,000 a year for a kid would not be enough without other funding methinks so i bet the teachers are already paid by the government
You seem to do a fair bit of complaining about the school that you elected to send your adopted son to. As for 15 different uniforms and sports outfits being a Government requirement, absolute nonsense. My daughter goes to a private school and has 3 different uniforms, the standard skirt and blouse combination (3 of the same) and sports outfit and the green uniform for the Thai version of the scouts. How your lad can wear 15 uniforms in a week is beyond me. I see you are now backtracking on teachers being paid by the Government, its now not a fact just a bet. I also believe that the Government pay a contribution by way of a grant to private schools based on a per pupil head basis to ensure the schools stick to National education guidelines but the "dishonest" schools are responsible for salary levels and staffing levels.
Ok i am telling lies . It is what i do . I was not back tracking as i was talking to a thai teacher and luing is part of thai culture i was not sure what i was told was true . I was told that the government controlled the school as they paid for it and the money the school charged was for better conditions and tuition so i they could not change anything as it was government controlled and the teachers were paid by the government.
School uniforms or clothes just for you.i assume your daughter is not in the school football team
monday white shirt waistcoat blue shorts
Tues green shirt blue shorts
Wed white shirt waistcoat blue shorts
Thur boy scouts
Friday yellow shirt green trousers or blue shirt black trousers or pink shirt with black trouser.
dragon suit for chinese new year last year . wear one time cost 500 bahts
4 football strips for 4 different football competitions , all bought from the school wear once each
2 school football strips worn weekly when he play football on sundays
White shoes , black shoes brown shoes , 1 football boots for grass 1 for indoor

My kids in uk in greeenhill school tenby wales . White shirt , black shorts or skirt , blue jumper with school logo
Sports white shirt black shorts and trainers . finish
No need to call me a liar as i pride myself on 2 things i do not lie and do not steal
So your 15 uniforms "demanded by the Government" are in fact only 4 that are required by the 'school' and the rest are for voluntary extra curriculum activities. We pay money (on a voluntary basis) for the daughters dresses for the School fund raisers etc and she has umpteen what I would term, football tops with the school name on. Do you expect your son to play football in the white shirt, waistcoat and blue shorts? You probably are not lying and I do not believe anyone accused you of stealing but you have serious problems understanding how PRIVATE schools are administered and how they are funded. Believe me the Government has very little to do with it.
Why do you talk such bs .i do not expect my son to play in his school uniform but i also do not expect him to buy a new strip for every game . there is not logo on the football strips . you just give 200 baht to the teacher and you get the strip.You are something else again only found on this forum.
Compulsory uniforms
mon blue shorts white shirt waistcoat
tues green shirt blue shorts
Wed white shirt blue shorts waist coat
thur boy scouts
Fri green trousers yellow shirt , blue shirty black trousers , or pink shirt black shorts , all the sport kit bought from the teacher so i cannot say what i think of your answer on here but u understand .So thgat is 8 uniforms
Bought a new 200 shirt this week from a teacher for a game on the 20 sept . only for 1 game . Do not be an aXX and think of the thai parents who struggle to pay for these stupid shirts. Still a few missing from my sons class as they no money as they cannot work because of covid but on course that is above your compassion is it not ?
Please just stop, your stepson must be getting seriouosly embarrassed. If you dont want to take care dont complain.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: school fees

Post by AlexO » September 6, 2020, 3:49 am

dragonz wrote:
September 4, 2020, 3:24 pm
AlexO wrote:
August 23, 2020, 8:53 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:36 pm
AlexO wrote:
August 22, 2020, 10:21 pm
dragonz wrote:
August 22, 2020, 5:56 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
August 22, 2020, 4:14 pm
Yes I agree talking to some friends mainly Thai, I was surprised that the schools have NOT really educated the parents about the lack of holidays in the upcoming terms until March of next year .
Saying that the school fees cannot be reduced because of paying for teachers, that can only apply to the Private schools as Government schools salaries are paid at source by the Govt .
Not sure about this but when i complained months ago about the total of 15 uniforms and sports kits she said it was up to the government . When i said it was a private school she told me only partially private and was run by the government and the extra money the charged was to give kids a better education. The 28,000 a year for a kid would not be enough without other funding methinks so i bet the teachers are already paid by the government
You seem to do a fair bit of complaining about the school that you elected to send your adopted son to. As for 15 different uniforms and sports outfits being a Government requirement, absolute nonsense. My daughter goes to a private school and has 3 different uniforms, the standard skirt and blouse combination (3 of the same) and sports outfit and the green uniform for the Thai version of the scouts. How your lad can wear 15 uniforms in a week is beyond me. I see you are now backtracking on teachers being paid by the Government, its now not a fact just a bet. I also believe that the Government pay a contribution by way of a grant to private schools based on a per pupil head basis to ensure the schools stick to National education guidelines but the "dishonest" schools are responsible for salary levels and staffing levels.
Ok i am telling lies . It is what i do . I was not back tracking as i was talking to a thai teacher and luing is part of thai culture i was not sure what i was told was true . I was told that the government controlled the school as they paid for it and the money the school charged was for better conditions and tuition so i they could not change anything as it was government controlled and the teachers were paid by the government.
School uniforms or clothes just for you.i assume your daughter is not in the school football team
monday white shirt waistcoat blue shorts
Tues green shirt blue shorts
Wed white shirt waistcoat blue shorts
Thur boy scouts
Friday yellow shirt green trousers or blue shirt black trousers or pink shirt with black trouser.
dragon suit for chinese new year last year . wear one time cost 500 bahts
4 football strips for 4 different football competitions , all bought from the school wear once each
2 school football strips worn weekly when he play football on sundays
White shoes , black shoes brown shoes , 1 football boots for grass 1 for indoor

My kids in uk in greeenhill school tenby wales . White shirt , black shorts or skirt , blue jumper with school logo
Sports white shirt black shorts and trainers . finish
No need to call me a liar as i pride myself on 2 things i do not lie and do not steal
So your 15 uniforms "demanded by the Government" are in fact only 4 that are required by the 'school' and the rest are for voluntary extra curriculum activities. We pay money (on a voluntary basis) for the daughters dresses for the School fund raisers etc and she has umpteen what I would term, football tops with the school name on. Do you expect your son to play football in the white shirt, waistcoat and blue shorts? You probably are not lying and I do not believe anyone accused you of stealing but you have serious problems understanding how PRIVATE schools are administered and how they are funded. Believe me the Government has very little to do with it.
Why do you talk such bs .i do not expect my son to play in his school uniform but i also do not expect him to buy a new strip for every game . there is not logo on the football strips . you just give 200 baht to the teacher and you get the strip.You are something else again only found on this forum.
Compulsory uniforms
mon blue shorts white shirt waistcoat
tues green shirt blue shorts
Wed white shirt blue shorts waist coat
thur boy scouts
Fri green trousers yellow shirt , blue shirty black trousers , or pink shirt black shorts , all the sport kit bought from the teacher so i cannot say what i think of your answer on here but u understand .So thgat is 8 uniforms
Bought a new 200 shirt this week from a teacher for a game on the 20 sept . only for 1 game . Do not be an aXX and think of the thai parents who struggle to pay for these stupid shirts. Still a few missing from my sons class as they no money as they cannot work because of covid but on course that is above your compassion is it not ?
Monday blue shorts, white shirt and waist coat. Wednesday, white shirt, blue shorts and a waistcoat and all that adds up to 8 uniforms every 5 days. Maybe take some math lessons. Getting better though last week it was 15. Seriously interigued by the blue shirty black trousers though, where do you buy those??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 6, 2020, 9:16 am

^ I'm a bit surprised that our resident arithmeticly challenged malcontent hasn't raised the contributory costs of getting his kids names embroidered on these dozens of school uniforms.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 6, 2020, 10:33 am

tamada wrote:
September 6, 2020, 9:16 am
^ I'm a bit surprised that our resident arithmeticly challenged malcontent hasn't raised the contributory costs of getting his kids names embroidered on these dozens of school uniforms.
I admit I had the names on the white shirts, but other stuff had name labels sewn inside by the memsahib , teachers complained , so I questioned whether they are on the same planet. they knew who she was, I knew and her mother knew as did the child. They shut up

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » September 11, 2020, 1:47 pm

Alexo is just an axx he is calling me stupid because i made a simple typo and he does not count sport kit , chinese new year clothes , buddha day clothes as part of the school uniform but as they are compulsary to buy i count then as part of the school uniform .of course they are , but he has no argument so goes to name calling an udon map backup . It is about 8 uniforms for a normal week but i have lots for just 1 day . sold by the teachers.
I just paid the school fees
Not sure what number 1 is school fees,
1 , school 2650
2 itensive english 5000 used to have english native speaking but now only thai teachers
3 computers 500
learn chinese 500
activity 500
o net test 1,700
food 2500
aircon 1000
insurance 300
total; 14,650
There is no payment for teachers so this is a school paid for by the government who charge extra for better school which is what this post was about so should not have been charged a full term for some of these as food aircon etc .
Remember in my sons class there is 38 kids so is a lot of bahts

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 11, 2020, 7:06 pm

dragonz wrote:
September 11, 2020, 1:47 pm
Alexo is just an axx he is calling me stupid because i made a simple typo and he does not count sport kit , chinese new year clothes , buddha day clothes as part of the school uniform but as they are compulsary to buy i count then as part of the school uniform .of course they are , but he has no argument so goes to name calling an udon map backup . It is about 8 uniforms for a normal week but i have lots for just 1 day . sold by the teachers.
I just paid the school fees
Not sure what number 1 is school fees,
1 , school 2650
2 itensive english 5000 used to have english native speaking but now only thai teachers
3 computers 500
learn chinese 500
activity 500
o net test 1,700
food 2500
aircon 1000
insurance 300
total; 14,650
There is no payment for teachers so this is a school paid for by the government who charge extra for better school which is what this post was about so should not have been charged a full term for some of these as food aircon etc .
Remember in my sons class there is 38 kids so is a lot of bahts
Not stupid buddy but that list does not have 15 uniforms a week on it, 'demanded by the Government' or "crooked teachers". If as many other people have said "if not happy do not buy the service" Move the kid to another school, youngsters are very resilient. Plus that will be a 6 month term charge, so adds up to not a lot. Teachers come under 1, and 2 , and probably Chinese as well. Your charges are not that far away from my costs for my Daughter so whats your gripe. Wee hint, dont take Intensive English if not happy with the standard of teaching.

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » September 11, 2020, 7:44 pm

My thoughts: Thai is Thai. This is what they do. I raised a stepdaughter, Nueng, from age 7. 2014 I relocated back to the USA for health reasons and education for Nueng. Health is better. Nueng graduated from high school within 2 years and is starting her 3rd year of college this semester. All at a very minimal cost to me. I was paying 30k baht a semester in Pattaya for English school. I choose to take responsibility for her education. Now she is a full-blown California Beach Girl. It is amazing what these kids can accomplish with a little help in their education.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 11, 2020, 10:33 pm

nutosf wrote:
September 11, 2020, 7:44 pm
My thoughts: Thai is Thai. This is what they do. I raised a stepdaughter, Nueng, from age 7. 2014 I relocated back to the USA for health reasons and education for Nueng. Health is better. Nueng graduated from high school within 2 years and is starting her 3rd year of college this semester. All at a very minimal cost to me. I was paying 30k baht a semester in Pattaya for English school. I choose to take responsibility for her education. Now she is a full-blown California Beach Girl. It is amazing what these kids can accomplish with a little help in their education.
Absolutely. "I CHOOSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY." The threads original poster has been questioning the honesty and integrity of everyone in the Thai education system and complaining about the really small costs involved. DragonZ go back to Europe where you are taxed for schools even if you have no children and you will still pay more than 5/6 pounds/Euros for a football top. Make up your mind, the satisfaction of a kid having the best possible start in life or saving a few baht.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 11, 2020, 10:47 pm

AlexO wrote:
September 11, 2020, 10:33 pm
... go back to Europe where you are taxed for schools even if you have no children ....
But the same is true everywhere to some extent. In the U.S., we're also taxed for schools regardless of whether we use them. Same for the fire department. Do we want a pay-as-you-go fire department? What happens if you can't afford it and there's a fire in your house?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 12, 2020, 3:07 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 11, 2020, 10:47 pm
AlexO wrote:
... go back to Europe where you are taxed for schools even if you have no children ....
But the same is true everywhere to some extent. In the U.S., we're also taxed for schools regardless of whether we use them. Same for the fire department. Do we want a pay-as-you-go fire department? What happens if you can't afford it and there's a fire in your house?
Sorry Paul, was not sure how you rebel colonials do it tax wise but 'really' like your take on the house on fire.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 12, 2020, 9:07 am

Udon Map wrote:
What happens if you can't afford it and there's a fire in your house?
You re-elect him?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2020, 10:25 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 12, 2020, 9:07 am
Udon Map wrote:
What happens if you can't afford it and there's a fire in your house?
You re-elect him?
nailed it.jpg

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » September 12, 2020, 11:00 am

volunteer fire brigades are also quite popular. got
their own firehouse, water trucks & everything. maybe that's for more rural areas. no near service

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » September 12, 2020, 12:58 pm

AlexO wrote:
nutosf wrote:
September 11, 2020, 7:44 pm
Absolutely. "I CHOOSE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY." The threads original poster has been questioning the honesty and integrity of everyone in the Thai education system and complaining about the really small costs involved. DragonZ go back to Europe where you are taxed for schools even if you have no children and you will still pay more than 5/6 pounds/Euros for a football top. Make up your mind, the satisfaction of a kid having the best possible start in life or saving a few baht.
no you just hijacked the thread to hurl abuse . All i asked was anyone else paying for a full term when they had not been to school for 3 months out of 5 . That for all simple except for you . You are an axx if you think its about the money . I see enough gripes on here about 10 baht on a beer or a 100 baht on an entrance fee .If you think i am wrong in complaining about teachers being corrupt by selling uneeded clothes to the pupils then you are wrong . Because it is thailand or any country you name does not make it right. Usa or uk included . i do not ever remember teachers in any of my schools selling anything . Stupidest statement on this topic "this is thai" ie do not complain about road deaths , child deaths child trafficking, child rape abuse as '' THIS IS THAI" stupid thing to say . If nobody ever complains things will never improve.
The integrity in the thai education system is non existent .The schools are just a big shop .My wife is a teacher and i see lots of it . Used to go for a free meal every month with the teachers when i asked where the money came from my wife told me money left over every month from school funds in a school which had no desks and chairs , kids sat on the floor . I paid for my own food that time and do not go anymore.
When vip visit the school they get a big meal with whisky and beer out of school funds . Poorest school i ever seen .
Went on a school trip to rayong with the school took 19 hours with stops . got there teachers had a huge meal with crabs and shrimp and gave the kids a pot noodle each , out of school funds . They could not understand why i sat with the kids and ate a pot noodle . That is integrity . the list is endless after 10 yrs with my wife.
Do not lecture me on the thai school system of which i know a lot more than you .Being thai does not excuse this behaviour.
14650 x38 is over half a million bahts just for 1 class so it is not a small amount
photo is of the school which has lots of money left over every month and money for
eee.JPG
whisky and meals for vip

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 12, 2020, 8:02 pm

Looks like a kindergarten class to me, having a compulsory post-lunch nap.

Sounds like a good idea to me

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 15, 2020, 1:41 pm

In my experience many Thai teachers really care about their students. Particularly the young "students" as in that photo.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 15, 2020, 5:14 pm

Yes that is so true, Thai teachers do love the children , educating them is the problem.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 15, 2020, 6:03 pm

KP rather than continuously giving out " Oh, Ya thats a problem" or "Oh thats a problem also" Give some solutions . Well then again I can only ask someone who is deeply concerned and would be willing to maybe follow up
So again. just drop it

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 15, 2020, 7:56 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 15, 2020, 6:03 pm
KP rather than continuously giving out " Oh, Ya thats a problem" or "Oh thats a problem also" Give some solutions ......
If you have followed KP's history here over a number of years, you would understand that he saw himself as the solution. ;)

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 15, 2020, 9:21 pm

dragonz wrote:
September 12, 2020, 12:58 pm

i do not ever remember teachers in any of my schools selling anything .
I remember a high school geography teacher in Toronto who sold winter coats to students and staff. In the stores, the coats cost over $200. He sold them for $70. It all seemed a bit odd, but the coats were good quality. I bought one. In fact the teacher sold about 50 coats in a few days. The school, by the way, was in a rough part of the city. The police showed up almost every day.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”