Udon Map
Admin

Re: Udon Hospital is great!

Post by Udon Map » August 4, 2020, 5:37 pm

mech_401 wrote:
August 4, 2020, 2:18 pm
Udon Map wrote:
August 3, 2020, 6:47 pm
Same thing happened to me. Went in a couple of weeks ago for chest pains . . .
hope you're on recovery track . with half-dozen tests and 20 different medicines coronaryartery stuff angina / stroke/ heart attack complicated
Thanks. Turned out not to be the big H. Pain went away after a bit, and they couldn't figure out what it was. Left the hospital, and advised to keep a watchful eye. Hasn't recurred since then.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 4, 2020, 8:33 pm

Dose or has anyone of you visiting UG Hospital done a Comprehensive Vitamin and Mineral Test?If yes,how much did you have to pay.And one more regarding Postate Test..the PHI NOT the PSA,i'm looking for the PHI.

Thanks in advance....//Alfie

PS.Did you know that one out of three men will suffer from prostate cancer+DS

PSS:"The Prostate Health Index: a new test for the detection of prostate cancer.DSS

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3943368/

marcus1
udonmap.com

Post by marcus1 » August 4, 2020, 9:50 pm

Hi guy's..
I have a bit of cancer problem and use Bangkok hospital for regular CT scans....My insurance have cancelled my policy due to this and I pay myself at a cost of 23000 baht each time.
Has anyone had a scan done and what was the cost..????
Thanks.
YKICAMOOCOW

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 5, 2020, 6:30 am

marcus1 wrote:
August 4, 2020, 9:50 pm
Hi guy's..
I have a bit of cancer problem and use Bangkok hospital for regular CT scans....My insurance have cancelled my policy due to this and I pay myself at a cost of 23000 baht each time.
Has anyone had a scan done and what was the cost..????
Thanks.
If your problem is cancer related you might do better to go to the actual Udon Thani cancer hospital, I’ve heard only good things about it.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 5, 2020, 6:33 am

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 5, 2020, 9:20 am

Forgot to mention, I also went into their brand new, shiny A&E, looks to be a very similar set up to the UK, it used to be awful and don't misunderstand me, I still don't want to go in there but it's a million times better than it was.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 5, 2020, 10:41 am

vincemunday wrote:
August 5, 2020, 9:20 am
Forgot to mention, I also went into their brand new, shiny A&E, looks to be a very similar set up to the UK, it used to be awful and don't misunderstand me, I still don't want to go in there but it's a million times better than it was.
shiny A&E..translate to what VM?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » August 5, 2020, 10:59 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 10:41 am
vincemunday wrote:
Shiny is an expression we would use to describe something as being unused, new...

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2020, 11:23 am

vincemunday wrote:
August 5, 2020, 10:59 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
Shiny is an expression we would use to describe something as being unused, new...
Like some UM members brains...

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 5, 2020, 11:33 am

tamada wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:23 am
vincemunday wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
Like some UM members brains..."shiny" i know..but not A&E..tamada can you use your brain to help me out ;-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2020, 2:12 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:33 am
tamada wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
"shiny" i know..but not A&E..tamada can you use your brain to help me out ;-)
No sorry DD, I need my half a brain but Accidents and Emergency (A&E) is the UK terminology for what 'mercan's call the Emergency Room (ER).

I take it you don't watch the medical drama soaps then?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » August 5, 2020, 5:08 pm

tamada wrote:
August 5, 2020, 2:12 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
August 5, 2020, 11:33 am
tamada wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:
vincemunday wrote:
"shiny" i know..but not A&E..tamada can you use your brain to help me out ;-)
No sorry DD, I need my half a brain but Accidents and Emergency (A&E) is the UK terminology for what 'mercan's call the Emergency Room (ER).

I take it you don't watch the medical drama soaps then?Nope,you are right,no soaps for me thank u very much,but MMA and Boxing an absolute must for me ;-)Anyway,thanks for the clarification Mr.ordinary ;-).

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 27, 2020, 9:39 am

I have a family member who I have recently learned might have to have her galbladder removed because of gallstones. Looking briefly online I found:
Open gallbladder removal is considered a safe operation. Complications are rare. However, every surgical procedure carries some risks.
And:
Whenever possible, laparoscopic surgery is preferred over traditional open surgery. This is because it’s less invasive and usually has a shorter recovery time. However, certain complications can make open surgery a better choice, such as when the gallbladder is severely diseased.
My family have had good experiences at Udon Hospital. I think I can afford with a bit of belt tightening to pay a private hospital in Udon if need be. I have no idea what the cost might be at say Bangkok Hospital. I'd guess if it's straightforward around 200,000 baht. I assume they can do laparoscopic surgery at Udon Hopital if that's the best option. Any comments?
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 27, 2020, 11:00 am

GT93 wrote:
September 27, 2020, 9:39 am
I have a family member who I have recently learned might have to have her galbladder removed because of gallstones. Looking briefly online I found:
Open gallbladder removal is considered a safe operation. Complications are rare. However, every surgical procedure carries some risks.
And:
Whenever possible, laparoscopic surgery is preferred over traditional open surgery. This is because it’s less invasive and usually has a shorter recovery time. However, certain complications can make open surgery a better choice, such as when the gallbladder is severely diseased.
My family have had good experiences at Udon Hospital. I think I can afford with a bit of belt tightening to pay a private hospital in Udon if need be. I have no idea what the cost might be at say Bangkok Hospital. I'd guess if it's straightforward around 200,000 baht. I assume they can do laparoscopic surgery at Udon Hopital if that's the best option. Any comments?
Check Military Hospital...if BKK Hospital wants nearly 400.000,my guess is that MH gets the same job done for 100.000+..maybe even the same Doc doing it at MH as the Doc in BKK.
Last edited by DuiDui49 on September 27, 2020, 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » September 27, 2020, 11:01 am

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 27, 2020, 11:18 am

I had relatively minor surgery (albeit under general anaesthetic) done at Udon General.

The surgery ward was modern & clean, and the service was first rate. The price was also 80% cheaper than the ridiculous quote I got from Wattana.

So if you can put up with front-of-hospital inefficiency and bureaucracy, I would recommend UG every time.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 27, 2020, 1:30 pm

Good info Jack .. if a hospital visit or surgery is required then sounds like the place to go to avoid BkkUdon, Wattana AEK hotel with doctirs n crazy prices .

Not wish to pry but was the surgery a sense of humour transplant to be more British ?? .. or a sex change ?? ..

Onne kiddin Jack .. Aussies have as near to the Brit sense of humour as possible .. along with the Jermans ..NOT

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » September 27, 2020, 1:48 pm

Any surgery however minor has a potential for problems – a Doctor once told me if surgery is needed get at least 2 if not 3 other opinions before letting anyone cut into you.
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 27, 2020, 8:08 pm

You couldn't pay me enough to use Udon General Hospital. The place is run like a 3 ring circus. I had a close friend of mine suffering from Parkinson's Disease forced into using their services several times before his death as his money was running low and he (communications engineer) for whatever stupid reason never obtained health insurance. I visited him several times in the ward and was shocked to see several dead patients covered with sheets in the several beds not once but every-time I visited him. The nurses I saw there were more interested in playing with their phone rather than caring for patients . I had another experience there several years ago with a relative who needed surgery. It took us at least 1/2 a day to wait to see a Dr who spent all of about 5 minutes examining my brother-in-law in a closest size room along with several other patients. Another couple of hours running around to have blood taken, Xray etc and then up to the ward where we were told there were no beds available!! Mind you the doctor was the one who told us to take him up to the ward. Once we made it clear that we were paying for the surgery a bed magically appeared. The nurses there were also more interested in their makeup and their phone than caring for patients. I'm thankful that both my wife and I have more than ample health insurance.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”