Bicycle Business

General Udon Thani topics only!
caducus
udonmap.com

Bicycle Business

Post by caducus » July 19, 2020, 11:19 am

I have a mountain bike and a turbo trainer. I would like to put them together, but this task will probably need a few mechanical adjustments. Does anyone know of somewhere in Udon Thani who might be able to help?

I have tried the place in Prajak Sillapakorn Road, at a five-way junction, not far from Central Plaza to no avail.

Thank you very much in anticipation.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Bicycle Business

Post by noosard » July 19, 2020, 11:27 am

There is bike shop on Sri Suk near Mak Khaeng

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 19, 2020, 11:44 am

We were having breakfast on the street between Phosi Road & Prajak Sillapakom (sorry don’t know name of the street, there’s a big electrical store on the corner of Phosi Road) & I saw what looked like a good bike store.

Next door to breakfast was a typical small shop front with shutters down however I was quite surprised when the owner turned up as It was a bicycle store. All the bikes seem high end & the ones I could see clearly were big money Trek brand which I know to be good in the UK.
He also had lots of gadgets & accessories on display, plenty of Bontrager & Shimano stands. There were a couple of mechanic stands towards the back so he definitely does maintenance & adjustments.
Google seems to be coming up with “Bike Corner” as the name of the shop but it’s clearly not on any corner :roll:

I can probably get the GPS coordinates from the car if you’re interested
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » July 19, 2020, 12:58 pm

Thanks, Niggly. Found it on my map, will pay them a visit tomorrow.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 19, 2020, 1:17 pm

You could also try here if required:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Joy+B ... 02.7865269

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » July 19, 2020, 8:09 pm

The name of the bike shop you're talking about is Bike Corner. The shop is a Probike (Bangkok) dealer. If he can' help you out there's a bike shop just across Prajak Rd from Miss Cake Bakery who might be willing to take on the project. The shop is located right next to a Singer sewing machine shop. They have a ton of used bikes in the rear of their shop which they refurbish for sale. Nice people
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » July 20, 2020, 5:30 am

I always use Sanguanchai Bike shop, They have a guy puts bike together..its on google maps, fountain to clock tower, turn left at clock tower, thru aa set of light and its on the right, small shop, red writing, perhaps bikes parked on the sidewalk /pavement

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2020, 7:08 am

I had to Google turbo trainer and if the OP needs something "put together", I assume it's a direct drive type where you take the rear wheel off? Plenty videos out there plus it probably came with instructions but looks like it is best set up where it's going to be used rather than in a shop and then disassembled again?

Small bike shop I use on Wearsai south side (between Global lights and railroad tracks) nearer the ring road end.

caducus
udonmap.com

Post by caducus » July 20, 2020, 5:08 pm

Thank you to all of those who replied. The situation has now been resolved,

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”