joepai
udonmap.com

Re: car tires

Post by joepai » December 16, 2022, 2:44 pm

Potamoi wrote:
December 15, 2022, 11:45 pm
joepai wrote:
December 15, 2022, 3:29 pm
If it were me, I would use TyrePlus or another local chain for the service over online.

Good post thank you - question, is TyrePlus a nationwide tyre dealer?
TyrePlus is nationwide but I don't know if the service freebies are nationwide or franchise wide. Monthol TyrePlus have 3 or 4 locations in Udon and I can say that group will honour the free rotation, balance, alignment between them.
Ok thanks - the reason I ask is because I've always used B-Quik as I've found them to be the cheapest/best service and they do offer all the freebies nationwide

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » December 16, 2022, 11:40 pm

joepai wrote:
December 16, 2022, 2:44 pm

Ok thanks - the reason I ask is because I've always used B-Quik as I've found them to be the cheapest/best service and they do offer all the freebies nationwide
Thanks, joepai. Good to know the nationwide part for sure.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

UdonOAH
udonmap.com

Post by UdonOAH » December 27, 2022, 7:14 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 15, 2022, 10:13 pm
Got 4 new tires fir Revo pick up high versioin not to long ago .. went for Yokohama cost 12k .. place opposite Sports college on the ring rd.. price includes free rotation alinment checks whenever needed and also free regular nitrogen top ups.

Excellent service.
That is a pretty good price for Yokohama's

UdonOAH
udonmap.com

Post by UdonOAH » December 27, 2022, 7:28 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
December 16, 2022, 7:22 am
Having used as some have said Bridgestone and Michelin as well as Maxxis over the years. Dunlop had a good price and hardwearing capabilities that Bridgestone did not have plus they were nearly half the price of Michelin .

My tyre size is 255/70/16. Always change two every two years, but sometimes longer depending on wear. Front tyres always the newest, heavy truck so front wear out quicker. spare relaced by a discarded rear tyre and all rebalanced just over 6000 baht.

Forgot to check the spare once, when checked bloody thing was falling apart .

Use the big Dunlop outlet on the Ring Road ..
There is something to be said about checking the spare tire. I would occasionally reach under the back and give it a thump to test for air, not realizing that the sidewall on the factory original Michelin was very firm. Wound it down and checked the pressure... 0 psi. Oppps
Of course the supplied stubby tire wrench would never have gotten the lug nuts off anyway, looking for a cheater bar.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 28, 2022, 7:13 am

Talking about the LUG NUTS, ever since I called out Tyre Plus to come and undo hese nuts after they had air Wrenched them on , I respectfully ask that they check the tightness with a ordinary socke and Torque Wrench, I can now uindo these Nuts if I have a puncture .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 28, 2022, 7:27 am

There's a universal lug wrench available at Thai Watsadu that is better than the factory one. It has a sliding, extending "cheater" handle and comes with two reversible deep sockets to cover the four standard wheel nut sizes. Probably also available on Lazada and elsewhere.
Screenshot_20221228-072424~2.png
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

outofafrica

Post by outofafrica » March 7, 2024, 5:48 am

Does anyone know a Place in Udon Thani that sell Tyres and check and repair suspension problems please ? I don't stay in Thailand at the moment but asking for a friend .

outofafrica

Post by outofafrica » March 7, 2024, 6:56 am

Any suggestions where a friend can replace tires and shocks at the same time at a reasonable price for a Mazda 2 15 AT. I'm not in Thailand but will be there soon.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » March 7, 2024, 9:10 am

My "go to" place for tires and repairs like this would be B-Quick on the eastern leg of the Ring Road just to the north of Home Pro. They also just opened up a new location on Nittayo Road just west of the Nong Bua traffic light headed towards McDonalds in UD Town.

https://www.b-quik.com/en/branch
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 7, 2024, 9:13 am

In the past ive used Boss Max opposite the the West side Ring Road PTT station same side as Honda big wing and the Boontavorn store.

Other places like Tyre Plus and Be-quik are scattered around town.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 7, 2024, 11:18 am

I think I posted this advice once before but worth repeating. I have had both the guys near AEK and at another place that fixed a flat, use rattle gunds and pipe extenders to tighten nuts, impossible to losen afterwards for a mere mortal. Since these experiences, I always tighten the nuts myself so in the event of a flat tyre you can change the spare.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 7, 2024, 12:33 pm

outofafrica as advised there are plenty of major tyre shops around the ring road, Whichever is closest should suffice. The one the drunk monkey alluded to is also Ok for wheel bearing and shock absorbers.

For those blokes who were born with or have now developed a limp wrist and finding it a burden to tighten or remove nuts can I suggest the purchase of a battery powered impact wrench to assist. Keep it charged and in the car.
I bought one for the wife to keep in the car in an emergency so she can change tyres if the need arose.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 7, 2024, 1:06 pm

I hope you have fully trained her, Barney - just in case you are both out in really hot weather, and you get a flat .....

Oh! .... and the jack as well.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » March 7, 2024, 1:14 pm

I use Tyre Plus at the NKI intersection for my cars/pickups.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/7ES6LWQ1X4rP1Hbu9

17.431297651953788, 102.78800321520116

They balance, rotate and check the front end alignment every time I change oil (10k) for free. Punctures also free.

They do general maint too like brakes, shocks etc.

Normally done by the time I shop next door at Tesco.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » March 7, 2024, 5:05 pm

jackspratt wrote:
March 7, 2024, 1:06 pm
I hope you have fully trained her, Barney - just in case you are both out in really hot weather, and you get a flat .....

Oh! .... and the jack as well.
Wish you would have thrown this jack idea out earlier. It's her birthday tomorrow and I've already purchased her gift, 2 extra 40V batteries for the lawn mower, next year the electric jack will be on the list.
In my industry training and safety is the first thing we think of, even before rising from the fart sack each morning.
Safety glasses and gloves are in the wheel kit.

She recently had the shocks replaced and tyres rotated at the nominated place above, where we originally bought the Yokohama's. I'll expect another 75 to 80,000 out of these. I always buy an extra width tyre, up to 1 inch, when purchasing tyres for the ute. Old habit from having 4 Landcruiser's in the Aussie bush. More rubber on the road.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 7, 2024, 8:14 pm

Limp wrist 55. Barney must have been told about my sequined outfit and killer heels.

The battery impact wrench sounds like a great idea i had a neighbour ask for help for his truck, my star brace was useless, I got a pipe of around one metre to get leverage, the brace broke!

However, at a more practical level. Excessive tightened wheel nuts can strip threads or even break lugs. Tension should be around 110 NM.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”