someone in the oil.

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

someone in the oil.

Post by maaka » June 17, 2020, 3:44 pm

I am looking for a One Stop shop for oils...Hydraulic, diesel engine oil, diesel injector cleaner additive, transmission oil, and kerosene...

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: someone in the oil.

Post by mech_401 » June 17, 2020, 7:41 pm

in the absence of any other information

อุดร ไฮดรอลิค = udon hydraulic , looks to be repair
shop on mak-kaeng rd behind market. i'm guessing makes hoses , services pumps etc.

น้ำมัน ไฮดรอลิค = num mun hydraulic = fluid ( for
bottle ,floor jacks, can sometimes use AT fluid)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 17, 2020, 8:57 pm

At the fountain circle, head toward Makro, then the second shop on the left has all your needs. As I recall, the owner speaks pretty good English. Also a good place for things like lawnmower belts, etc. The store is only 20 or so meters past the circle and you might have to park a bit up the road.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 18, 2020, 7:00 am

Rodger that Parrot, will save me driving all over town..

thanks Mech...its oils for my tractor. Went to a mech and showed him the hydraulic reservoir and indicated filling it with oil, then made him write in thai on a piece of paper the name, went to a good shop, showed them picture of my tractor, and the reservoir, mumbled oil, and they sold me what turned out to be Kubota engine oil...nothing is easy..

but I have found a good welder, and engineer, and we get on find even though we speak in different tongues to each other..luckily I used to be a horse whisperer so can understand body and face language

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » June 18, 2020, 10:17 am

you really need to refer to massy ferguson manual
because there are far too many answers to just the( 1) question. there is hydraulic fluid, gear oil
, and engine oil , and then combination systems
able to use same fluid,other hydraulic apps that
specify auto trans fluid or special hydraulic oil.

as an example i just watched a utube video of a
guy working on a massy 150 and the manual transmission , rear end, and rear hydraulic pump required 8 gallons of 20-30 weight engine oil.

do hydraulics on front work off a power-take-off
driving another hydraulic pump? as i said far too
many questions. they even sell tractor fluid which
is some kind of hybrid in 5 gallon buckets. maybe
you'll get it all sorted out at the oil store in town

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 18, 2020, 2:53 pm

thanx mech....yup I have referred to the manual which arent easy to find, and of course it has Duckmans , Mobil and other brands we know of, but are they here in Siam. I like the look of Castrol MP Plus 20w-40, its a multi purpose oil, for engine , trans, and hydraulics. ( yes the blade on the front works off a separate oil pump run off a fan belt )( the rear lifting arms work off the tractors internal oil pump )..

the oil the previous owner put in the engine was Dynamo diesel oil, black as, and I am not sure what diesel the local garage uses, but have noticed lately a louder noise coming from the timing gear cover. I knocked the exhaust half off the other day doing abit of Off roading, and the soot that came out of the pipe, and around the manifold, was worse than a fireplace, so hence my new adventure too find different oil, injector cleaning fluids, etc...its blows abit of blue smoke on start up, but after a while it goes away..its 40yrs old so I expect abit of smoke..

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”