Waste Disposal Centre

General Udon Thani topics only!
mickojak
udonmap.com

Waste Disposal Centre

Post by mickojak » May 27, 2020, 10:57 am

I wanna have a big clean out here at home.
Gunna take some arm twisting, but it's gotta happen.
We've got ---- from Ar$ehole to breakfast, because no-one throws anything out, as you probably all know.
We have way too much to continuously put out front for the rubbish truck

Is there a waste disposal yard in Udon?

Other names;
Tip
Refuse Centre.
Recycling Centre.
etc

The rubbish trucks must take it somewhere?

Thanks
Mick

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Waste Disposal Centre

Post by tamada » May 27, 2020, 11:22 am

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 27, 2020, 11:33 am

Thanks Tam,
I'll try and find that one near Kut Chap as close to me, but worse case I'll go to that one east of udon.

Reckon nong bua lamphu must have one too?

Time for google earth

Mick

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 27, 2020, 1:11 pm

^ A good tip is to ask the binmen where they all take it to the next time they drop by? I know that the garbage trucks from several municipalities use the east side one. All different ages and colors of trucks headed out through Nong Sai. I have also seen big sip-lohr with tarp-over trailers full of stuff headed that way too.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 27, 2020, 4:07 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 27, 2020, 11:33 am
Thanks Tam,
I'll try and find that one near Kut Chap as close to me, but worse case I'll go to that one east of udon.

Reckon nong bua lamphu must have one too?

Time for google earth

Mick
Mick

Just ask your binmen a few baht works wonders and its amazing how quick they change to no can do to no problem

saves time and oil

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 27, 2020, 6:04 pm

Thanks Tam & DR,
yeah, see those boys all the time.
Will ask them.
Mick

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 27, 2020, 6:11 pm

Is it any wonder that folks just cast along the road in an empty lot all things the garbage man wouldn't normally take. In my hometown in Tennessee, USA, all the local municipalities have a recycling center and dump for heavy objects right in the neighborhood for convenience. They have a huge compacting machine and workers on hand to unload your vehicle as you drive through. How difficult would it be to provide that kind of service for the communities here? Problem is there is no incentive because no way to earn corruption money off such an operation. It's just too much of a liability with little return for the back pocket. Even in my village here their is a nice park area and the locals throw all of their garbage and litter all over the place because the Tessaban won't provide a few bins in the park. Those old bins made out of truck tires line the main road and the Tessaban won't replace them either. The lids have mostly disappeared, so every morning when I do my walk around the village I have to step over all the garbage in the street that the soi dogs have dragged out during the night looking for food. Same thing happens every single day and nobody seems to care or do anything about it. Until the Tessaban starts providing a more convenient place for residents to dispose of their items that the bin man won't take, the Thais will take the path of least resistance and continue to dump their trash as close to home as they can get, regardless of what it does to the aesthetic appeal of the neighborhood. Convenience always takes priority over aesthetics. Amazing Thailand!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 27, 2020, 6:32 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 27, 2020, 6:11 pm
Is it any wonder that folks just cast along the road in an empty lot all things the garbage man wouldn't normally take. In my hometown in Tennessee, USA, all the local municipalities have a recycling center and dump for heavy objects right in the neighborhood for convenience. They have a huge compacting machine and workers on hand to unload your vehicle as you drive through. How difficult would it be to provide that kind of service for the communities here? Problem is there is no incentive because no way to earn corruption money off such an operation. It's just too much of a liability with little return for the back pocket. Even in my village here their is a nice park area and the locals throw all of their garbage and litter all over the place because the Tessaban won't provide a few bins in the park. Those old bins made out of truck tires line the main road and the Tessaban won't replace them either. The lids have mostly disappeared, so every morning when I do my walk around the village I have to step over all the garbage in the street that the soi dogs have dragged out during the night looking for food. Same thing happens every single day and nobody seems to care or do anything about it. Until the Tessaban starts providing a more convenient place for residents to dispose of their items that the bin man won't take, the Thais will take the path of least resistance and continue to dump their trash as close to home as they can get, regardless of what it does to the aesthetic appeal of the neighborhood. Convenience always takes priority over aesthetics. Amazing Thailand!
You have to understand this is Thailand and one man's junk is another's gift from the god, never had an issue with the bin men here taking anything! They look and decide if trash or can use or even recycle it. Next time look what goes in the cab or on top or in the bin

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 27, 2020, 8:07 pm

I agree.. I have had larger items I wanted to get rid of and neatly put them out by my bins. They're almost always gone within the hour, usually from someone driving a rattletrap tuk-tuk out junking and looking for anything to turn a few baht..
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 27, 2020, 10:27 pm

If you live outside the ring road, the garbage guys are likely to take whatever you want to dispose of.........an offer of a pack of red bull caffeine drinks or a few hundred baht for lunch is usually enough to pave the way.

To soothe my mind over questions like this, I consider the amount of local, state, federal taxes my daughter and brothers pay in a developed country as compared to the 20 Baht per month I pay for trash pick up in a developing country. Or, I visit rural American areas where I still see rusted junks and piles of trash because of those people don't/can't pay those taxes. We recently visited a friend's 160 acre ranch about 30 miles from the Mexican border.......he had a pile of boxes and a few bags of trash in the kitchen. I asked if I could help and take them to his front gate for trash pickup. He laughed......he either dumps things like that in a nearby restaurant dumpster, or just backhoes a hole and dumps it in. See.......developed/undeveloped........not so different afterall.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 28, 2020, 6:58 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
May 27, 2020, 8:07 pm
I agree.. I have had larger items I wanted to get rid of and neatly put them out by my bins. They're almost always gone within the hour, usually from someone driving a rattletrap tuk-tuk out junking and looking for anything to turn a few baht..
Agree 100%, just put it out and it will go , put out two old mattresses a few years ago, by the time I had had breakfast, they were gone , where no idea, but they were gone ( not the bin men ) .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 7:53 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 28, 2020, 6:58 am
FrazeeDK wrote:
Agree 100%, just put it out and it will go , put out two old mattresses a few years ago, by the time I had had breakfast, they were gone , where no idea, but they were gone ( not the bin men ) .
In the past when ive had a total clear out i enlisted a local Thai with a pick up truck and paid them 100 bt to take everything and they could do what they wish with it , a lot was resalable or ok for recycling the left over they burnt some where so they said...i have left items by the bins and as stated in most cases within an hour the local bin dippers have taken it away ... never mattresses they only do that in Grimsby (and KPs house)

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 28, 2020, 10:42 am

Ha ha ha ha …………………..Very funny I thought Scarborough was on the list as well.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 28, 2020, 10:49 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 28, 2020, 6:58 am
FrazeeDK wrote:
Not trying to be clever here but we always wondered what that large, brown stain about half-way down was.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 11:09 am

DNA

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 11:13 am

As such ..IMO should be disposed of more carefully and under strict health department supervision, therefore lowering the risk of a roadside health issue to soi dogs.

KP [-X

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 28, 2020, 11:37 am

Yea I will remember that when I see loads of trash left by the locals with regard to Roadside Health and Soi Dogs, including walking into permanent markets where the floor is awash with debris .
Until the Local population care why the hell should I worry, I never put out anything bad, if it is , it is either in the bin or burnt .
I am not quite as stupid as many seem to think . But there are some ………………………..!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Waste Disposal TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2020, 10:03 am

Chose this thread to post as quite frankly didnt know where else it would be made welcome.

Talking of waste disposal this guy in Pattaya has taken the dumping of unwanted things to whole new level... fun city has a serial dumper who must be stopped before he has more victims.

Dirty unwashed expats .. now this ..and sacre blue .. sandals WITHOUT SOCKS this guy must be a weirdo !!

UCMTSU .. article states too graphic post the vid.

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/28/p ... rking-lot/

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 29, 2020, 11:09 am

Having seen the pics on the link .. GUESS THE NATIONALITY !!!!

DISCLAIMER .. if anyone states a nationality this DOES NOT mean all persons with that nationality are reflected in the same light as the accused.

Dm is going with .... defo Scando ... going for Norway / Norwegian

All we now is the boys in BROWN :lol: :lol: to catch him.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 29, 2020, 11:28 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 29, 2020, 11:09 am
Having seen the pics on the link .. GUESS THE NATIONALITY !!!!

DISCLAIMER .. if anyone states a nationality this DOES NOT mean all persons with that nationality are reflected in the same light as the accused.

Dm is going with .... defo Scando ... going for Norway / Norwegian

All we now is the boys in BROWN :lol: :lol: to catch him.

DM
Kraut. They're all the same.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”