Aliexpress

General Udon Thani topics only!
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Aliexpress

Post by Charlieb » May 11, 2020, 2:41 pm

Is anyone buying from Aliexpress? If so, what are your delivery experiences.

I recently bought a computer fan which they say was shipped 11 April. I have yet to receive it. It is probably more of a Thai postal problem than anything else.

HoWever, there are other, more expensive, items I need which Aliexpress has and Lazada does not. I am a bit reluctant to order if I have to worry about delivery.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Aliexpress

Post by dunroaming » May 11, 2020, 3:21 pm

If it helps I moved away from AliExpress due to long delivery times and like you I found things on there that weren't on lazada. I have switched to using ezbuy.co.th and they have a good range of products and delivery times even from China have been about 14 days. They might have what your looking for, so worth checking

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 11, 2020, 3:43 pm

yup, I am waiting on Aliexpress, but the purchase was not so long ago..due to covid and the lockdown I have been internet shopping quite abit from all over the world. US, UK, Aus. All of them have taken way longer than normal due to courier services taking a hit, or not at work, and no planes flying, so you can be waiting awhile..

cjd01
udonmap.com

Post by cjd01 » May 11, 2020, 4:01 pm

maaka wrote:
May 11, 2020, 3:43 pm
yup, I am waiting on Aliexpress, but the purchase was not so long ago..due to covid and the lockdown I have been internet shopping quite abit from all over the world. US, UK, Aus. All of them have taken way longer than normal due to courier services taking a hit, or not at work, and no planes flying, so you can be waiting awhile..
I found anything shipped by china post was a disaster and the time to get a refund up to 3 months
Whenever I've had items sent EMS it's always on time, I think if you pick a delivery other then the suppliers free option it is usually much better, I bought an inverter from them and it arrived inside 2 weeks and was 2000 baht cheaper than Lazada, if they offered COD it would be a no brainer

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 11, 2020, 4:17 pm

the problem with aliexpress are the customs , you never know your item will come trough tax free or will be picked to be valuated , mostly they under valuate the item to avoid taxes but if customs find out , you will have to pay tax + a fine ,i did order items and mostly no problem , some items cancelled and money returned but not quickly ,very long delivery time , and no cod here ...so i try to avoid aliexpress ... ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 13, 2020, 1:44 pm

Charlieb wrote:
May 11, 2020, 2:41 pm
Is anyone buying from Aliexpress? If so, what are your delivery experiences.

I recently bought a computer fan which they say was shipped 11 April. I have yet to receive it. It is probably more of a Thai postal problem than anything else.

HoWever, there are other, more expensive, items I need which Aliexpress has and Lazada does not. I am a bit reluctant to order if I have to worry about delivery.
You should have a tracking number or track it in the app.
Received yesterday
A8F0BFC8-B7A6-41C9-98DE-57EA4E936FF5.jpeg
On the way
5A0C6F4A-FF5B-421C-AA08-9E0A4DB4DCD3.jpeg
Delivery times are longer at the moment, never a problem, never paid customs
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”