Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 27, 2020, 3:53 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 27, 2020, 3:49 pm
Off to the office today for my 90 days
Got there about 12:50 PM One fella at the door waiting Another fella sat down
13:02 HR in I went and was the only person inside
13:04 HR out of there all done
Easey peasey .. im not one for saying i told you so but I TOLD YOU SO :lol: :lol: :lol: .. if anything its a great time to go and do your immo stuff (90 days / letters to buy bikes n cars / address changes etc) as the office is very quiet due to the ammesty.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 27, 2020, 3:55 pm

God help them (The Immigration Officers) once the Ammnesty is up and August 1 comes upon them

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 27, 2020, 6:41 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 27, 2020, 3:49 pm
Off to the office today for my 90 days
Got there about 12:50 PM One fella at the door waiting Another fella sat down
13:02 HR in I went and was the only person inside
13:04 HR out of there all done
Why? they have said no longer necessary until next announcement. Maybe if we all stopped as per the new rules they would understand what a non sensible rule this is. No requirement for 90 day reporting just now.

griff4114

Post by griff4114 » May 28, 2020, 11:19 pm

Udon office has now made it onto the Thia visa site.. Our friend Capt ??? is getting very popular

The guy I spoke to was pleasant enough but dismissive of my monthly income claims.
He intimated I could only go down the lump sum route.
I,ve had up to 60k paid monthly into my Thai bank account since January 2019 and 80k since January 2020.
I,ll check with my bank about the source of my Government pension originating in the UK.
I should certainly qualify for an extension based on marriage with FTT transactions since January 2019.
I think sometimes it depends which IO you speak to on a certain day for the answer you get.
This reminds me of when I was on holiday on Jomtien in 2005 and went to the Immigration office there to ask for the requirements for a marriage extension.
He asked "will you be working? " I said "no".He then said you have retired. You must get a retirement extension not the marriage one.
Of course soon afterwards I found out he said that because an extension based on retirement is less work for Immigration.
Maybe this is a similar scenario?

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » May 29, 2020, 4:27 pm

I have to do my renewal based on 800K next week. I use an obsure bank to keep this money (L&H) because there is never anyone in there. They even know my name once or twice a year. However when I moved to that bank, I had to show them how to make the letter (bi lap long) the way Immigration wants it. I've got a feeling they won't know about this new "bank activity letter"

Does anyone know what this is officially called in Thai? or better yet, a photo of this letter. My daughter went to Immigration yesterday but they told her to talk to the boss. Unfortunately "boss no here". Thanks

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 29, 2020, 6:07 pm

Muni3 wrote:
May 29, 2020, 4:27 pm
I have to do my renewal based on 800K next week. I use an obsure bank to keep this money (L&H) because there is never anyone in there. They even know my name once or twice a year. However when I moved to that bank, I had to show them how to make the letter (bi lap long) the way Immigration wants it. I've got a feeling they won't know about this new "bank activity letter"

Does anyone know what this is officially called in Thai? or better yet, a photo of this letter. My daughter went to Immigration yesterday but they told her to talk to the boss. Unfortunately "boss no here". Thanks
You need the standard letter plus 12 to 13 months of bank statement. It often takes 2 weeks to get the statement so you may be out of luck for next week.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » May 29, 2020, 7:27 pm

Thank you Woodworker. My daughter will go on monday to ask again. .

Not sure I need statements. On May 22, Tracechain wrote ".... An example was yesterday. I never had to show an account listing letter provided by the bank. Bank books always sufficed. All of this was jabbered out to my wife, not me but not much I could do about it, so off on a five-minute walk to the bank and then the stamps were stamping, all were smiling and out I walk with my yearly visa….oops..."

5 minute walk must be Bangkok or Kasikorn Bank. Hopefully L&H can do it as fast. I'll post what I find out

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 29, 2020, 9:57 pm

Muni3 wrote:
May 29, 2020, 7:27 pm
Thank you Woodworker. My daughter will go on monday to ask again. .

Not sure I need statements. On May 22, Tracechain wrote ".... An example was yesterday. I never had to show an account listing letter provided by the bank. Bank books always sufficed. All of this was jabbered out to my wife, not me but not much I could do about it, so off on a five-minute walk to the bank and then the stamps were stamping, all were smiling and out I walk with my yearly visa….oops..."

5 minute walk must be Bangkok or Kasikorn Bank. Hopefully L&H can do it as fast. I'll post what I find out
If you are doing a retirement extension some people have been required to have 13 months of bank statement. If you do a marriage extension you only need proof of 2 months.

TC wrote in a rather abbreviated way so it’s as clear as mud what he needed, but he probably had to get bank documents for the first time.

What one officer tells you when you enquire may not be what a different officer requires when you extend.

At the moment Udon does not seem to be enforcing the minimum 400k at all times And 800k for 3 months after rule, though a few people have been told that next extension they will be required to show that proof.

You should apply as long before as possible giving enough time to get the year statement if needed.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » May 29, 2020, 10:34 pm

This is my 23rd extension on this visa. That's pre-1998. Unfortunately it's an O-B (business) so I'm not "grandfathered" (only 200k required). As everyone knows, what was true yesterday may not be true tomorrow. We'll see what works next week

Muni3
udonmap.com

Post by Muni3 » June 2, 2020, 11:53 am

Just did my annual renewal based on 800K. Office was quiet. Only needed passport, bank book, yellow housebook, and bank letter (bi lap long). I let them make any copies which they didn't make me sign(?) No bank activity letter or statements, no map, no photo... done for another year
The lady did read to me & gave me a copy about bank deposit: 800K in the bank for 3 months after renewal, then no less than 400K until the required 800K for 3 months prior to renewal

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 12, 2020, 1:56 pm

Just did my first 60 day extension on O visa marriage
Had to get a new kor rou 2 form
can not be older than 7 days
Went to the amphur
talk about waste time at least 2 hours shuffling papers backwards and fowards to get signed and counter signed
The woman serving said this was new IO paper wasting scheme
Got my yellow book replaced, was very easy and quick done while waiting k2 form 5 mins
Now this new kor2 form has not got my name in English or my signature on it
but some how proofs I am still married

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 12, 2020, 2:03 pm

noos, why did you get your yellow book replaced?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 12, 2020, 2:16 pm

I cant find it
and the wife said IO might ask for it
Both yellow book and pink card are basically useless
for me as never used either

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 12, 2020, 2:21 pm

OK - understand thanks.

I have found my yellow book useful at times, so happy to have it.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » June 12, 2020, 2:44 pm

noosard wrote:
June 12, 2020, 1:56 pm
Just did my first 60 day extension on O visa marriage
Had to get a new kor rou 2 form
can not be older than 7 days
Went to the amphur
talk about waste time at least 2 hours shuffling papers backwards and fowards to get signed and counter signed
The woman serving said this was new IO paper wasting scheme
Got my yellow book replaced, was very easy and quick done while waiting k2 form 5 mins
Now this new kor2 form has not got my name in English or my signature on it
but some how proofs I am still married
Which officer asked for the new Kor Ror 2 and told you it cannot be more than 7 days? And this for a mere 60 day extension based on marriage?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » June 12, 2020, 4:03 pm

The 2 women in the centre of the IO
Plus the woman working at the amphur who served me there
2020-06-12 15-57-39_0011 (2).jpg
No 7 KO.RO.No2 Update at district office don't over 1 week before

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » June 12, 2020, 4:48 pm

noosard wrote:
June 12, 2020, 4:03 pm

Isn't that leaflet for the annual extension of a Non-Imm 'O' visa based on marriage? I wasn't aware that this was required for just a 60-day extension for visiting wife. Again, Udon Imm become more difficult to deal with. :roll:

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 12, 2020, 4:52 pm

daithic wrote:
June 12, 2020, 4:48 pm
noosard wrote:
June 12, 2020, 4:03 pm

Isn't that leaflet for the annual extension of a Non-Imm 'O' visa based on marriage? I wasn't aware that this was required for just a 60-day extension for visiting wife. Again, Udon Imm become more difficult to deal with. :roll:
Also why would you need an extension, you have amnesty till July 31st anyways.

My 60 day extension for visiting wife expired May 12, immigration told me I had extension till July 31. I cannot leave the country if I wanted to anyhow, and they realise this.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » June 12, 2020, 5:00 pm

Maybe he needs the 60 days official extension to prepare his funds for switching to an annual extension of stay in-country, instead of having to do a border run in these uncertain times.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”