Udon Immigration office lately

General Udon Thani topics only!
sgt
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sgt » May 10, 2020, 12:27 am

The bank gave me a letter confirming only 6 months, it should have been a year. I didn't check, came straight from the bank. But, he wanted from Feb. 2019. My last extension of stay was this time one year ago with US Embassy letter. I missed the mistake on the bank letter, ok tell me, politely, and I will gladly redo. No need for Feb. of 2019, none what so ever.

The bank only does 6 months at a time, if I can get my extension of stay, I will know to do every 6 months from now on.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 10, 2020, 12:32 am

As i understand it, ALL extensions from an OA visa have to have insurance, retired or married. One friend who was on retirement from an original OA was told he needed it. But as he was over 80 with pre-existing conditions, insurance was impossible. Sorry, they said. When prompted again about what he could do he was advised to go the let visa expire, go to Vientianne and get a new 'O' visa (3 months) and then extend that, which is what he did. Fortunately all done before the lockdown. Now not possible while borders closed.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 8:20 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 9, 2020, 2:17 pm

Therefore, can anyone confirm that Udon Immigration is still allowing this procedure? Again, I am only referring to those whose original visa is a Non-Immigrant O-A.
While I can not answer with absolute certainty.
1) changing from retirement to marriage or marriage to retirement when you extend your permission to stay has always been permitted. This has not changed.
2) Of course you must have the documents that Udon requires for the type of extension.
3) a marriage extension requirements are for you, your wife and at least 1 witnesses to be present
4) a first marriage extension may require your wife and 2 witnesses one of the witnesses may need to have some official job or professional status. You will probably have a home visit from the immigration police A witness is required to be present. (For us we met them in a local restaurant, they didn’t actually come to our house, AFIK most people have a home visit)
5) the requirement for insurance is ONLY for Non-OA to retirement extension
6) Non-OA to marriage doesn’t require insurance.

7) While submitting my current extension application a gentleman next to us who was either on a Non-OA or a retirement extension from an OA was being told of the requirements to change to a marriage extension specifically so he would not have to buy insurance, he was being given the information by the officer who has rubbed up, some people here, the wrong way
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 10, 2020, 8:32 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 10, 2020, 8:20 am
semperfiguy wrote:

Therefore, can anyone confirm that Udon Immigration is still allowing this procedure? Again, I am only referring to those whose original visa is a Non-Immigrant O-A.
1) changing from retirement to marriage or marriage to retirement when you extend your permission to stay has always been permitted. This has not changed.
2) Of course you must have the documents that Udon requires for the type of extension.
3) a marriage extension requirements are for you, your wife and at least 1 witnesses to be present
4) a first marriage extension may require your wife and 2 witnesses one of the witnesses may need to have some official job or professional status. You will probably have a home visit from the immigration police A witness is required to be present. (For us we met them in a local restaurant, they didn’t actually come to our house, AFIK most people have a home visit)

7) While submitting my current extension application a gentleman next to us who was either on a Non-OA or a retirement extension from an OA was being told of the requirements to change to a marriage extension specifically so he would not have to buy insurance, he was being given the information by the officer who has rubbed up, some people here, the wrong way
Thanks Sometimewoodworker! That's encouraging!!!!!!!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 8:42 am

rick wrote:
May 10, 2020, 12:32 am
As i understand it, ALL extensions from an OA visa have to have insurance, retired or married.
That is a misunderstanding. The rule amendment only address requirement extensions not marriage.

There maybe a few officers and offices who are also insisting that any OA extension need insurance, but most do not.

Here is the 2.22 amendment, there is nothing for 2.18
4B77CA8D-AB63-4757-B041-81E9DF3E5F86.png

pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Post by pf-flyer » May 10, 2020, 8:48 am

[quote=sometimewoodworker post_id=577193 time=1589073646 user_id=13953]
[quote=semperfiguy post_id=577111 time=1589008625 user_id=20643]

[/quote]

7) While submitting my current extension application a gentleman next to us who was either on a Non-OA or a retirement extension from an OA was being told of the requirements to change to a marriage extension [size=120][b]specifically so he would not have to buy insurance[/b][/size], he was being given the information by the officer who has rubbed up, some people here, the wrong way
[/quote]
This is what my wife and I were told by the immigrations officer when we paid a vist several months ago to the immgratation office to get a verifcation that this option did exist and the immagration officer explained to us that it was possiable and she showed us an extension application for marrage that she just finished processing. We have decied to take it one day at a time and go with what ever options that are availabe at that time when our extention comes due.
"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 10, 2020, 8:59 am

^^ Good clarification and as far as we know, Udon Thani immigration are following the rule that only Retirement Extensions that originated from an O-A visa needs to include evidence of insurance.

Keep in mind that in the past, this Immigration Office previously had a policy that Retirement Extensions needed the same "under consideration" rules as the Marriage Extension... unless a non-reciepted 5000 baht fee was paid to allow you to leave the office with your extension same day.

They can and will keep trying it on with different applicants as long as their rules include the words "and including any other documentation as the Officer see's fit" in their universal rules of wallet- lightening.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 9:20 am

tamada wrote:
May 10, 2020, 8:59 am
^^ Good clarification and as far as we know, Udon Thani immigration are following the rule that only Retirement Extensions that originated from an O-A visa needs to include evidence of insurance.

Keep in mind that in the past, this Immigration Office previously had a policy that Retirement Extensions needed the same "under consideration" rules as the Marriage Extension... unless a non-reciepted 5000 baht fee was paid to allow you to leave the office with your extension same day.

They can and will keep trying it on with different applicants as long as their rules include the words "and including any other documentation as the Officer see's fit" in their universal rules of wallet- lightening.
There is nothing in the published rules rules that talk about an under consideration period.

It is standard procedure for a marriage extension to be reviewed by a regional office, but it’s not in the published rules.

It is standard procedure for a retirement extension to be granted locally not to be reviewed by a regional office, but again it’s not in the published rules.

So using the under consideration stamp is always an option.

A case in point was the recent extraordinary 30 day extensions where it was extensively used.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 9:25 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 10, 2020, 8:32 am
May 10, 2020, 8:20 am
semperfiguy wrote:

Thanks Sometimewoodworker! That's encouraging!!!!!!!
a very important point is that you will almost certainly need a new KR 2 / KR 22 and your Amper may not be issuing that now our Amper did but they also said that it was only because they were very quiet that day.

It is possible that immigration may allow copies of an old one,as I’m sure they know that some people can’t get one.. I have no information about that.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » May 10, 2020, 10:29 am

daithic wrote:
May 9, 2020, 12:39 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 5:40 pm
dunroaming wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:54 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:49 pm
Look and understand my post please,what is 12 times 1.666Bath ??

Got this from my friend who used them a couple of years ago:

http://pdcvisaplus.com
1.666 x 12 = 20 baht incredibly cheap we should all use them
1666x12=20.000Bath
I contacted PDC yesterday after your tip. The price they quoted me was 15,000THB for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage. That 15,000THB is only for the first 90 days. The stamp in your passport would come from Khon Kaen Immigration, not Udon Thani. If you want to extend for the year after the first 90 days using PDC again, that will cost a further 25,000THB. So, total 40,000THB. I think she mentioned that retirement visas are more expensive.
Irrespective of the visa costing either 15,000 or 150,000 if the stamp comes from Khon Kaen office how on earth do you do your 90 day report ?.If you go to Udon office and the sharp eyed Captain spots the stamp comes from Khon Kaen how do you explain it?
Likewise if you go to Khon Kaen and you have an Udon address what happens ?
Best to stick within the rules, I think.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » May 10, 2020, 10:48 am

Zidane wrote:
May 10, 2020, 10:29 am
daithic wrote:
May 9, 2020, 12:39 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 5:40 pm
dunroaming wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:54 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:49 pm
Look and understand my post please,what is 12 times 1.666Bath ??

Got this from my friend who used them a couple of years ago:

http://pdcvisaplus.com
1.666 x 12 = 20 baht incredibly cheap we should all use them
1666x12=20.000Bath
I contacted PDC yesterday after your tip. The price they quoted me was 15,000THB for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage. That 15,000THB is only for the first 90 days. The stamp in your passport would come from Khon Kaen Immigration, not Udon Thani. If you want to extend for the year after the first 90 days using PDC again, that will cost a further 25,000THB. So, total 40,000THB. I think she mentioned that retirement visas are more expensive.
Irrespective of the visa costing either 15,000 or 150,000 if the stamp comes from Khon Kaen office how on earth do you do your 90 day report ?.If you go to Udon office and the sharp eyed Captain spots the stamp comes from Khon Kaen how do you explain it?
Likewise if you go to Khon Kaen and you have an Udon address what happens ?
Best to stick within the rules, I think.
Exactly! That's why I won't be going down that route. I only contacted PDC to find out more information from them. I am, at present, exploring all options to avoid having to deal with that Capt. Aekkachai.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2020, 11:31 am

You can have more than one address / house / office / holiday condo etc etc here in different provinces and can do your 90 day at any IMMO office , doesnt have to be the one that is shown on your visa... or do the 90 day report on line.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 10, 2020, 11:44 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 10, 2020, 11:31 am
You can have more than one address / house / office / holiday condo etc etc here in different provinces and can do your 90 day at any IMMO office , doesnt have to be the one that is shown on your visa... or do the 90 day report on line.

DM
Just to clarify, you have to have an address in the province, that the immigration you are using is in.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 10, 2020, 11:46 am

Daithic, If you have your paperwork in order you shouldn’t have a problem. This forum has a lot of value when people share accurate and specific information. It helps us all.

I dealt with the Captain during my last extension. I thought he was gruff, but just doing his job. Ultimately I walked out with my renewed visa extension, so no complaints here.

My problem was I got my 12 month bank statement a month before (it takes two weeks to get from Bangkok bank) so it didn’t show a deposit for the current month. I did have to go to my bank to get a new statement (a 6 month which the bank can print out on the spot) and back to the immigration office again. Both visits were about 30 minutes. Much better then queuing up for hours at some of the other busy immigration offices. If you meet the requirements for a straight forward application I can’t see any reason to pay a agent thousands of baht.

Just to add-
The only thing different from my previous applications was the current 12 month bank statement from the bank showing 12 months of foreign deposit every month no less than 65,000 baht.
And a “source letter” showing where my money comes from. In my case a pension letter.
UFF DA!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 12:07 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
That is not correct you can only do the 90 report to the office which issues your extension, in person, by mail, or online.

If you want to use a different office to do a 90 day report you first must use the change of address form TM28/TM30
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 10, 2020, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2020, 12:11 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 10, 2020, 11:44 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Just to clarify, you have to have an address in the province, that the immigration you are using is in.
YES

in recent years i have done my yearly visa in both Udon and Buriram Immo offices ,, and there after done my 90 day report at either office which ever was most convenient at the time .. so while my visa address was Udon i did a 90 days in Buriram office and vice versa , i just said i have a house in Buriram and a flat above my office in Udon ...never an issue , whats more i recall once doing a 90 day report in Soi 5 Jomtien office with my visa address in Udon ...
May 10, 2020, 12:07 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
That is not correct you can only do the 90 report to the office which issues your extension, in person, by mail, or online.

If you want to use a different office to do a 90 day report you first must use the change of address form TM28/TM30
I beg to differ .. as i have been doing my 90 day reports in different provinces the last 3 years .. when asked for a tm30 i produce one as im on the house books at the addresses i use.

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 12:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 10, 2020, 12:11 pm
[

YES

in recent years i have done my yearly visa in both Udon and Buriram Immo offices ,, and there after done my 90 day report at either office which ever was most convenient at the time .. so while my visa address was Udon i did a 90 days in Buriram office and vice versa , i just said i have a house in Buriram and a flat above my office in Udon ...never an issue , whats more i recall once doing a 90 day report in Soi 5 Jomtien office with my visa address in Udon ...
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

I beg to differ .. as i have been doing my 90 day reports in different provinces the last 3 years .. when asked for a tm30 i produce one as im on the house books at the addresses i use.

DM
So you have just said that you do provide a TM30

How is that different from my post?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 10, 2020, 12:26 pm

May 10, 2020, 12:18 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 10, 2020, 12:11 pm
[

YES

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM

DM
So you have just said that you do provide a TM30

How is that different from my post?
WHEN ASKED FOR ... ie once only , btw never in Udon where my visa is now addressed to.

I can only comment on my personal experiences nothing else.

DM

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 10, 2020, 12:54 pm

I can only comment on my personal experiences nothing else.
They are different to the standard.

The standard is that a 90 day report must always go to the office that issued your extension unless you have moved and submitted a TM28/TM30.

Some people have even found that a postmark on a mailed in application that is from another province has meant that the report has been refused.

You are clearly lucky with the procedures of the 2 offices you use, they are not following procedure. It’s well known that Udon doesn’t bother with all of the TM28/TM30 rules and we are thankful for that.

seagulls
udonmap.com

Post by seagulls » May 11, 2020, 3:42 pm

sgt wrote:
May 8, 2020, 11:27 pm
Well drunk monkey, you seem to be the only one, congrats. Seagulls did you do extension of stay or 90 day? To the best of my knowledge he doesn't jump in on 90 day, reserves his attention for extension of stay. Thanks daithic, I'll not forget that name.
I did a years extension (Retirement) and 90 day .To be honest I have been doing an "O" retirement extension since 2003 and have never had a problem .If your paperwork is in order and you have the funds then it is a relatively simple transaction .

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”