Udon Immigration office lately

General Udon Thani topics only!
Post Reply
User avatar
semperfiguy
udonmap.com
Posts: 2125
Joined: July 16, 2010, 12:49 pm
Location: Udon Thani, Thailand

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by semperfiguy » May 21, 2020, 2:44 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance. The cost for the extension was only 2500 rather than just 1900 for the single entry Retirement extension, but well worth the extra expense considering I saved a hefty sum from not having to pay those ridiculous premiums for a local Thai insurance product. I had to provide a few extra photos and documents, and sign several of the copies, but the process is not near as bad as some people claim it to be. On an even more positive note, I was expecting some unwarranted flak from the director, Captain Aekkachai, but he was exceptionally cordial, polite and accommodating, and the experience was altogether fairly pleasant and hassle free. I suppose he is mellowing out, so I have nothing but praise for the fellow. He treated both myself and my wife with dignity and respect, we reciprocated as usual, and we both left there pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful. Udon Immigration is the best!!!!

Just thought I'd follow up and brief you on the visit I had from Immigration this afternoon so you'll know what to expect if find yourself in a similar circumstance.

I received a call this morning at 10AM and was notified that they would be coming to my home at 2 PM and for me to have one witness ready with a copy of their ID Card and Blue Tabian Baan (House Book). They showed up on time and I invited them in to sit at our dining room table. They chose the seats because they wanted to take two photos of all of us in a certain seating arrangement. All of their conversation was focused on my witness and she was asked to sign one paper, then the photos were taken. No questions were asked of me and my wife and there was no request for a "tip" which I had already prepared for just in case. Within 10 minutes we were back outside for a group shot in front of our home's address board, and then they were off. Everything was perfectly harmless and certainly nothing to be anxious about.


Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

samuel
udonmap.com
Posts: 565
Joined: July 31, 2014, 11:00 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by samuel » May 21, 2020, 3:17 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 21, 2020, 2:44 pm
Just thought I'd follow up and brief you on the visit I had from Immigration this afternoon so you'll know what to expect if find yourself in a similar circumstance….
always nice to learn from personal experiences.
thanks.
=D>

jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 11549
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by jackspratt » May 21, 2020, 3:45 pm

samuel wrote:
May 21, 2020, 3:17 pm

always nice to learn from personal experiences.
thanks.
=D>
Agreed - thanks for your detailed and informative posts, and other information, on this subject sfg.

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1023
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by AlexO » May 21, 2020, 4:09 pm

Was in today for my extension to stay based on retirement. Office was very quiet with only 3 people being served. Guy who used to do the 90 day reports is now checking temperatures inside the office. In and out with new 1 year extension in under 20 minutes. Lady official spoke to my wife and said that I should not go below 800K for 3 months, I asked how she would check and she just shrugged. Be interesting next year.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com
Posts: 1025
Joined: April 8, 2011, 1:33 am
Location: All Over the Place

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by pipoz4444 » May 21, 2020, 4:48 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
May 21, 2020, 2:44 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
May 18, 2020, 7:32 pm
Went to Udon Immigration this morning to apply for my annual extension of stay which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa in 2010. I changed it from an extension for reason of "Retirement" to "Marriage to a Thai National", thus avoiding the need to show proof of health insurance. The cost for the extension was only 2500 rather than just 1900 for the single entry Retirement extension, but well worth the extra expense considering I saved a hefty sum from not having to pay those ridiculous premiums for a local Thai insurance product. I had to provide a few extra photos and documents, and sign several of the copies, but the process is not near as bad as some people claim it to be. On an even more positive note, I was expecting some unwarranted flak from the director, Captain Aekkachai, but he was exceptionally cordial, polite and accommodating, and the experience was altogether fairly pleasant and hassle free. I suppose he is mellowing out, so I have nothing but praise for the fellow. He treated both myself and my wife with dignity and respect, we reciprocated as usual, and we both left there pleasantly surprised and extremely grateful. Udon Immigration is the best!!!!

Just thought I'd follow up and brief you on the visit I had from Immigration this afternoon so you'll know what to expect if find yourself in a similar circumstance.

I received a call this morning at 10AM and was notified that they would be coming to my home at 2 PM and for me to have one witness ready with a copy of their ID Card and Blue Tabian Baan (House Book). They showed up on time and I invited them in to sit at our dining room table. They chose the seats because they wanted to take two photos of all of us in a certain seating arrangement. All of their conversation was focused on my witness and she was asked to sign one paper, then the photos were taken. No questions were asked of me and my wife and there was no request for a "tip" which I had already prepared for just in case. Within 10 minutes we were back outside for a group shot in front of our home's address board, and then they were off. Everything was perfectly harmless and certainly nothing to be anxious about.
Brilliant. Something promising, for those of us who still wish to retire to Thailand \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444

eagle
udonmap.com
Posts: 277
Joined: April 15, 2006, 4:10 pm
Location: Nong Na Kham, Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by eagle » May 21, 2020, 5:39 pm

AlexO wrote:
May 21, 2020, 4:09 pm
Was in today for my extension to stay based on retirement. Office was very quiet with only 3 people being served. Guy who used to do the 90 day reports is now checking temperatures inside the office. In and out with new 1 year extension in under 20 minutes. Lady official spoke to my wife and said that I should not go below 800K for 3 months, I asked how she would check and she just shrugged. Be interesting next year.
It is easy to check. Just ask you to bring bank statement for the whole year. Easiest way to do, because you anyway need some statements from bank at that time. But if you do as you should do and keep that money in bank, there is no problem at all.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1049
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dunroaming » May 21, 2020, 6:50 pm

eagle wrote:
May 21, 2020, 5:39 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 21, 2020, 4:09 pm
Was in today for my extension to stay based on retirement. Office was very quiet with only 3 people being served. Guy who used to do the 90 day reports is now checking temperatures inside the office. In and out with new 1 year extension in under 20 minutes. Lady official spoke to my wife and said that I should not go below 800K for 3 months, I asked how she would check and she just shrugged. Be interesting next year.
It is easy to check. Just ask you to bring bank statement for the whole year. Easiest way to do, because you anyway need some statements from bank at that time. But if you do as you should do and keep that money in bank, there is no problem at all.
Probably meant 3 months before next extension due but u never know with them

eagle
udonmap.com
Posts: 277
Joined: April 15, 2006, 4:10 pm
Location: Nong Na Kham, Udon Thani

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by eagle » May 21, 2020, 7:10 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 21, 2020, 6:50 pm
eagle wrote:
May 21, 2020, 5:39 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 21, 2020, 4:09 pm
Was in today for my extension to stay based on retirement. Office was very quiet with only 3 people being served. Guy who used to do the 90 day reports is now checking temperatures inside the office. In and out with new 1 year extension in under 20 minutes. Lady official spoke to my wife and said that I should not go below 800K for 3 months, I asked how she would check and she just shrugged. Be interesting next year.
It is easy to check. Just ask you to bring bank statement for the whole year. Easiest way to do, because you anyway need some statements from bank at that time. But if you do as you should do and keep that money in bank, there is no problem at all.
Probably meant 3 months before next extension due but u never know with them
Rule is 3 months before and 3 months after extension is done. Meanwhile there is a must to keep at least 400 000 thb in the account. If used combination of income and savings, half of saved amount should be kept whole year and saved amount 3 months before and after.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2142
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 21, 2020, 10:59 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 21, 2020, 6:50 pm


Probably meant 3 months before next extension due but u never know with them
No they didn’t. Money in the bank is 800k 2 months before and 3 months after, not less than 400k at all other times.
D9192ACE-38D6-4167-B933-EDDEEFADF41C.jpeg
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1049
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dunroaming » May 22, 2020, 6:33 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 21, 2020, 10:59 pm
dunroaming wrote:
May 21, 2020, 6:50 pm


Probably meant 3 months before next extension due but u never know with them
No they didn’t. Money in the bank is 800k 2 months before and 3 months after, not less than 400k at all other times.
D9192ACE-38D6-4167-B933-EDDEEFADF41C.jpeg
Thanks for clarifying

Can you post the bit that applies to under 60's for my own info please

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2142
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 22, 2020, 7:03 am

dunroaming wrote:
May 22, 2020, 6:33 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 21, 2020, 10:59 pm
dunroaming wrote:
May 21, 2020, 6:50 pm


Probably meant 3 months before next extension due but u never know with them
No they didn’t. Money in the bank is 800k 2 months before and 3 months after, not less than 400k at all other times.
D9192ACE-38D6-4167-B933-EDDEEFADF41C.jpeg
Thanks for clarifying

Can you post the bit that applies to under 60's for my own info please
1), 2), 3), 4), 5),in the police order above To everyone over 50

6) is the grandfather rule and only applies to people who have been getting extensions for about 22 years
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on May 22, 2020, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1049
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dunroaming » May 22, 2020, 7:06 am

Many Thanks

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2142
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 22, 2020, 7:19 am

dunroaming wrote:
May 22, 2020, 7:06 am
Many Thanks
No problem.

Note the wording in number 5 suggests (states) a different interpretation/implementation of the rules than most people assume. It is completely different to the older version.

At the moment Udon does not seem to be taking it literally and is working by the old rules as far a it goes. Other offices are taking a different view.

As it doesn’t affect me I haven’t sort clarifying information.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
Tracechain
udonmap.com
Posts: 212
Joined: June 25, 2011, 3:38 pm
Location: The number to call is BR549.

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Tracechain » May 22, 2020, 1:27 pm

I just returned from doing my yearly retirement extension thingy going the 800k deposit route. I had the standard bank letter plus another bank letter showing the last 6 months of account activity. Not sure why these can not be combined at the bank but it is easier to read the account activity letter than the bank book. Came here 11 years ago on a non-immigrant O visa and no mention of any health insurance. Nothing was mentioned about going below 800k. Only two people came in while we were there. That's all the latest and greatest if you go the 800k route. Now, do I need to file an after-action report to Mr. Immigration spring butt who pops up more than a porn hub ad? Looked for his picture hanging on the wall of fame at the IM office but didn't see it.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1049
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by dunroaming » May 22, 2020, 3:06 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 22, 2020, 7:19 am
dunroaming wrote:
May 22, 2020, 7:06 am
Many Thanks
No problem.

Note the wording in number 5 suggests (states) a different interpretation/implementation of the rules than most people assume. It is completely different to the older version.

At the moment Udon does not seem to be taking it literally and is working by the old rules as far a it goes. Other offices are taking a different view.

As it doesn’t affect me I haven’t sort clarifying information.
Doesn't affect me either as I work rotationally but one day will hang up my boots, had several versions of visas over the past 16 years living here so like to keep up to date with requirements just in case my circumstances change again thank you

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 3033
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by maaka » May 22, 2020, 3:30 pm

so what they are saying back in the legal list thing is you must have 800k in a bank and cannot use until such and such a date, and that there must remain another 400k in the same account, yes / no

User avatar
AlexO
udonmap.com
Posts: 1023
Joined: June 8, 2015, 11:45 am
Location: Nong Lat Udon

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by AlexO » May 22, 2020, 3:40 pm

Tracechain wrote:
May 22, 2020, 1:27 pm
I just returned from doing my yearly retirement extension thingy going the 800k deposit route. I had the standard bank letter plus another bank letter showing the last 6 months of account activity. Not sure why these can not be combined at the bank but it is easier to read the account activity letter than the bank book. Came here 11 years ago on a non-immigrant O visa and no mention of any health insurance. Nothing was mentioned about going below 800k. Only two people came in while we were there. That's all the latest and greatest if you go the 800k route. Now, do I need to file an after-action report to Mr. Immigration spring butt who pops up more than a porn hub ad? Looked for his picture hanging on the wall of fame at the IM office but didn't see it.
Have to say that noticed yesterday there was a far less friendly atmosphere in the Udon IO. The new 'boss' of the front office seems to be anti farang with no communication skills except arrogant hand signals for come, go etc. This seems to have been transmitted to the desk staff as well as an evident reluctance to speak except in Thai. Lady who I know speaks fluent English hardly spoke a word except to my wife in Thai. The guy who used to do the 90 day reports was the exception, still friendly and helpful. The rule for the 800K in the bank for 2 before and 3 months after has now been law for 17 months but no request yesterday to verify amounts in my account for past year, yesterday.

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 2142
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 22, 2020, 6:22 pm

maaka wrote:
May 22, 2020, 3:30 pm
so what they are saying back in the legal list thing is you must have 800k in a bank and cannot use until such and such a date, and that there must remain another 400k in the same account, yes / no
Yes.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
maaka
udonmap.com
Posts: 3033
Joined: October 9, 2007, 6:03 am

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by maaka » May 22, 2020, 6:34 pm

Thanks Sometimes, that counts me out..to much of a hassle and money tied up, If the missus knew I had that kinda moola lying around that new truck she wants is a gimme...

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 4898
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 22, 2020, 7:07 pm

maaka wrote:
May 22, 2020, 6:34 pm
Thanks Sometimes, that counts me out..to much of a hassle and money tied up, If the missus knew I had that kinda moola lying around that new truck she wants is a gimme...
Good man maaka ..still not given in on the car purchase..

BTW perfect car for yer missus in the classifieds Nissan Almera being sold by Math80 ..know this vehicle n its like new.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”