Udon Immigration office lately

General Udon Thani topics only!
daithic
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Immigration office lately

Post by daithic » May 8, 2020, 3:37 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:12 pm
Maybe better to give some money,1666/month,to our VISA Agent here in Udon..no grief,no curvballs thrown at us,just plain sailing...or maybe i'm wrong.

As a Swede living here 19 years i had no real problems with them,except that i have to pay for STATED FREE SERVICES.

Just wonder what would happen if we ALL went the VISA-AGENT way..Immi should be happy,more money for them,and we Farangs too...Just a thought..

Have a great one today..//DD
Are there any visa agents in Udon? What are their prices?

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 8, 2020, 3:49 pm

Look and understand my post please,what is 12 times 1.666Bath ??

Got this from my friend who used them a couple of years ago:

http://pdcvisaplus.com

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 8, 2020, 3:54 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:49 pm

1.666 x 12 = 20 baht incredibly cheap we should all use them

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 8, 2020, 5:40 pm

dunroaming wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:54 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:

1666x12=20.000Bath

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 8, 2020, 6:45 pm

Edited

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 8, 2020, 7:04 pm

seagulls wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:34 pm
I did my retirement extension yesterday .i went to Bank to get letter showing funds at 8-30 and into Immigration at 9 AM Only one other customer inside and was taken care of straightaway .It took about ten minutes for my paperwork to get passed around and signed by the Boss and as always waived any change from my 2K . I did the 90 day without even sitting down and left Immigration at 9-20 .
^

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 8, 2020, 11:27 pm

Well drunk monkey, you seem to be the only one, congrats. Seagulls did you do extension of stay or 90 day? To the best of my knowledge he doesn't jump in on 90 day, reserves his attention for extension of stay. Thanks daithic, I'll not forget that name.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 9, 2020, 12:25 am

100bht is peanuts compared to their cut of the Agents Fees, Piss off the falungs in the office, maybe they will seek an easier route to obtain their Visas.

I understand substantial tea money is no longer allowed.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » May 9, 2020, 5:57 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 9, 2020, 12:25 am
I understand substantial tea money is no longer allowed.
:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq9FCBatl3A

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 9, 2020, 6:17 am

what you all are forgetting is the last paragraph on any immi information folder about extensions, any other document needed as informed by the immi officer ....so they have made it legal to add what ever they want, and when this is the case better no whining but comply and do as they ask to avoid problems , going into discussions with them is futile and will put a stamp on your head for next visits, with me this officer also asked for extra bank documents , 3 monthly statements confirming the money was on fcd account , we complied and the next time we went he was very friendly ....
it is mostly not the problem how they react (we must comply anyway) but how you respond... ;)

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 9, 2020, 9:03 am

Your right , it is their get out of jail free card .
However i do not think you will be rocking the boat if asked to jump , you ask not how high , but why do i need to jump !
Some at immigration just love to see a farang squirm , plain and simple .
I remember Mr happy years ago when he did a tint at the airport .
I had to do a 90 report , and had lost the ticket . He told me i had to find it or he could not renew it .
So of i goes in a panic , turned my office upside down , serched everywhere , no luck at all .
Goes back to the airport about 4 hours later , explained the situation , that it was nowhere to be found , and the bastard just smiled (which was unusual for him , hence the nickname ) and proceeded to renew it , no apparent problem .
He just wanted to see me sweat , and me being a little green back then , obliged .

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 9, 2020, 9:45 am

seagulls wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:34 pm
I did my retirement extension yesterday .i went to Bank to get letter showing funds at 8-30 and into Immigration at 9 AM Only one other customer inside and was taken care of straightaway .It took about ten minutes for my paperwork to get passed around and signed by the Boss and as always waived any change from my 2K . I did the 90 day without even sitting down and left Immigration at 9-20 .
Is Immigration still requiring the mandatory Health Insurance for the O-A retirement/ marriage extension?

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » May 9, 2020, 9:55 am

griff4114 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 3:29 am
If that's the young guy who took over from the older gentleman that I think retired last year, god help us he is a waste of space. the old guy was great willing to bend the rules a little bit he was very helpful to everyone.
I have had a run in with this new guy called me and my wife liars. I lost the plot with him then,then soon emptied the office out. one of the ladies there took over from him and sorted the problem out in seconds.
When I went for one year extension he called me and wife forward to check our paperwork before I was assigned an IO, I had everything in order except one document. I had a copy and he wanted to see original. He kept repeating original, original, then he walked away. I recalled I had the original with me in my other packet, so I showed him and he accepted and sent me to an IO for processing.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 9, 2020, 9:57 am

Lone Trav
https://www.expatden.com/thailand/thail ... ment-visa/

OR

Thai Immigration – Udon Thani
95 Posri road Tambon Mak Khaeng Amphoe Mueang
Changwat Udonthani

Telephone : 0 4224 9982 – 3
Fax : 0 4224 9984

Email : [email protected]

Good Luck

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 9, 2020, 12:32 pm

sgt wrote:
May 8, 2020, 11:27 pm
Well drunk monkey, you seem to be the only one, congrats. Seagulls did you do extension of stay or 90 day? To the best of my knowledge he doesn't jump in on 90 day, reserves his attention for extension of stay. Thanks daithic, I'll not forget that name.
The only one who has been treated in a nice manner .. AND WHO POSTS ON UM

im sure there are many more who do not post here on UM that have not experienced the same as you have ... suppose i could just back track n say the guy is a real bad ass but that would not be fair as i havent seen or experienced this side of him personally.
kopkei wrote:
May 9, 2020, 6:17 am
what you all are forgetting is the last paragraph on any immi information folder about extensions, any other document needed as informed by the immi officer ....so they have made it legal to add what ever they want, and when this is the case better no whining but comply and do as they ask to avoid problems , going into discussions with them is futile and will put a stamp on your head for next visits, with me this officer also asked for extra bank documents , 3 monthly statements confirming the money was on fcd account , we complied and the next time we went he was very friendly ....
it is mostly not the problem how they react (we must comply anyway) but how you respond... ;)
Indeed kopkei a level headed approach ...

if immo ask that you attend the interview wearing a flowery hat ..its best to nip to Central n buy one as they do have your gonads in the palm of their hands when it comes to stamp or no stamp... smile and be polite as aggressive raised voices and responding rudely will just make things worse... no happy ending.

OMO

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

daithic
udonmap.com

Post by daithic » May 9, 2020, 12:39 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 5:40 pm
dunroaming wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:

1666x12=20.000Bath
I contacted PDC yesterday after your tip. The price they quoted me was 15,000THB for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage. That 15,000THB is only for the first 90 days. The stamp in your passport would come from Khon Kaen Immigration, not Udon Thani. If you want to extend for the year after the first 90 days using PDC again, that will cost a further 25,000THB. So, total 40,000THB. I think she mentioned that retirement visas are more expensive.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 9, 2020, 1:19 pm

daithic wrote:
May 9, 2020, 12:39 pm
DuiDui49 wrote:
May 8, 2020, 5:40 pm
dunroaming wrote:
DuiDui49 wrote:

1666x12=20.000Bath
I contacted PDC yesterday after your tip. The price they quoted me was 15,000THB for a Non-Imm 'O' based on marriage. That 15,000THB is only for the first 90 days. The stamp in your passport would come from Khon Kaen Immigration, not Udon Thani. If you want to extend for the year after the first 90 days using PDC again, that will cost a further 25,000THB. So, total 40,000THB. I think she mentioned that retirement visas are more expensive.
Like i said..my friend used them a COUPLE of years ago..Same friend now moved to Pattaya and he just had to pay waaaay less for his RT VISA that he did two three month ago,waaay less.Times have change i guess OR maybe you missunderstood the info they gave you.Lucky me,just have to get pensions papers from my Country stamped and veryfied by the Embassy in BKK.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 9, 2020, 2:17 pm

Earlier this year when the news came out that all extensions of stay for reason of Retirement, which originated from a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa, would require the purchase of a health insurance policy. It was suggested that the way to avoid the purchase of insurance was to change the reason for the extension from "Retirement" to "Married to a Thai National". Myself and others confirmed with personal visits to Udon Immigration that this was indeed possible, and to my knowledge extensions of stay were granted on this basis with no requirement to produce proof of a health insurance policy. However, since all the focus has been on Covid-19 for the past few months I have not heard anyone say that they are still allowed to change from Retirement to Marriage to a Thai National and secure a 12 month extension of stay without the need to show proof of health insurance.

Therefore, can anyone confirm that Udon Immigration is still allowing this procedure? Again, I am only referring to those whose original visa is a Non-Immigrant O-A.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 9, 2020, 4:20 pm

For the few here that think perhaps an "attitude adjustment" on my part would have solved the problem, you are wrong. It isn't just that the "Capt" was wrong it was his attitude and tone of voice that caused the problem. I worked with the public for many years in several capacities, wildland firefighter, State Park manager, surveyor for a drainage (flood control) district, bar bouncer, Vol. fireman-assistant chief and am used to dealing with people. I even practiced in my mind how I could be polite to somebody like him. That went out within 30 seconds when I realized he was power tripping and had no interest in helping with a mistake. Explain to me what is or might be wrong, what I should change or add in a decent tone of voice and I'm fine. I bow to nobody. I went to jail under the tricky dicky regime for speaking truth to the power until the Supreme Court, we had a real one back then, released us. I've not had the proper paper work on hand before, albeit the very first time I went for extension of stay some 10 years ago and I just stopped in to find out what I had to have. No problem. The people working in immigration have a difficult job, I've been there when had I been the immigration officer I would have had a farang tossed out. OK well I used to be a cop. I knew plenty like the "Capt" in the Corps and in civilian life, there is no changing them or working with them.

Back next week for the next "you don't have the proper paper work". I shall endeavor to persevere.

Semper Fi, to the best of my knowledge that has not changed nor has changing to a Non O for retirement. No insurance required. I wouldn't hold my breath on it not changing, too much money to be scammed there.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » May 9, 2020, 4:57 pm

What paperwork were you missing?
It would be helpful to others on the form that may be applying soon.
UFF DA!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”