Travel between Nong Khai and Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
stereolab
udonmap.com

Travel between Nong Khai and Udon

Post by stereolab » April 23, 2020, 8:01 pm

Anyone have current information on a trip between NK and Udon? Do I require permission from some bods in the Amphur or Police?

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Travel between Nong Khai and Udon

Post by Doodoo » April 23, 2020, 8:45 pm

Call the Police and ask the Amphur

This is not against yourself

Why do so many individuals put their faith into a bunch Old Farts ( me included) that think they may know the answers to various questions????? And boy oh Boy they certainly seem to think they have the answers

I dont go to Udon Map to ask about Legal Matters nor Medical issues
I dont go to Udon Map to enquire regarding where to ask about issues that I havent first Googled, Yahoo searched etc

I think UM is a GREAT AVENUE to discuss, ask about various issues or subjects for sure

Anyway enough of my Babbling
Sorry I dont have a reply Good luck in your surch

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 23, 2020, 10:10 pm

If you wait until after end of the month, it might be easier. Otherwise, you need to be checking in with puyai bahn or orbortor at your destination and may have to self-quarantine for 14 days. Although it may be 25 minutes away, it is inter-provincial travel.

I have a mate who lives in Udon but works in NK so I'll ask if he needs to do anything special.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 23, 2020, 10:45 pm

stereolab wrote:
April 23, 2020, 8:01 pm
Anyone have current information on a trip between NK and Udon? Do I require permission from some bods in the Amphur or Police?
. My wife thinks it will be closed until the end of April.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 24, 2020, 1:03 am

stereolab wrote:
April 23, 2020, 8:01 pm
No . Its not a problem . Did the trip on Tuesday and only encountered a police road check at the Phen intersection on the return journey . No idea what they were checking as i was just waved through , no problem .
No road blocks or checks on the way there .
Roads were not too busy , but quite a few driving at silly speeds , so im guessing there will be a few letters of commendation from the plod when they check their cameras !!!!!

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » April 24, 2020, 7:40 am

Thanks for the reply, judging by the amount of road traffic passing by our village, about 45k from NK, I was assuming that normality had almost been restored. No point asking at our locals government offices, they are unable to cope with decision making queries from farang customers. They are though extremely polite. A trip to NK will suffice I think for the time being, as my freezer is still well packed.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 24, 2020, 10:00 am

My mate who lives in Udon but works in NK sees mostly unmanned traffic stops these days, only stopped and temp tested once in maybe a month.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 24, 2020, 11:03 am

A Mate of Mine who lives in Nong Khai DID the trip about 10 Days Ago, He Encounted NO Problems On the Journey Either Way...

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”