Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
saint
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by saint » April 14, 2020, 9:46 am

If your living hand to mouth as many are here , its not easy to stock up on anything .

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 14, 2020, 9:51 am

Likely no fine or ticket for transporting alcohol. The police would be happy with the confiscation part.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2020, 10:21 am

saint wrote:
April 14, 2020, 9:46 am
If your living hand to mouth as many are here , its not easy to stock up on anything .
When it comes to booze n cigs .. theres always away ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2020, 11:04 am

glalt wrote:
April 14, 2020, 9:51 am
Likely no fine or ticket for transporting alcohol. The police would be happy with the confiscation part.
With our moobahn mom and pop store scared sh!tless about a 100,000 baht fine for having beer in the fridge, under the current SoE, I don't think a case of beer in the back of the car is simply going to get confiscated.

I am not overly familiar with the vernacular that applies here but something like, "This is serious ----"?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 14, 2020, 2:44 pm

glalt wrote:
April 14, 2020, 9:51 am

My friend had an answer to that, he said ok, opened the bottles and poured it all on the ground, apparently their faces were a picture. That however is exactly what I would do, if I am not allowed it neither are you .

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » April 14, 2020, 2:57 pm

Out in the sticks and my missus can't even get beer from the local shop although my wife calls her auntie.Never happened before.....I have a feeling though that the ban might be lifted in Udon after Songkran.Fingers crossed.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 14, 2020, 3:17 pm

udonfox wrote:
April 14, 2020, 2:57 pm
Out in the sticks and my missus can't even get beer from the local shop although my wife calls her auntie.Never happened before.....I have a feeling though that the ban might be lifted in Udon after Songkran.Fingers crossed.
Yes agree although the ban dates differ in different areas im predicting the ban will be lifted 19/20 th April with maybe a few hard core provinces continuing longer.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 14, 2020, 3:45 pm

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/drun ... of-alcohol
Last night around 10pm a drunk man, apparently desperate to get more alcohol, became angry and aggressive, whereupon he decided to incinerate an ATM machine hoping that it was going to explode and rain cash, or alcohol, in Rayong, south east of Bangkok.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 14, 2020, 4:27 pm

udonfox wrote:
April 14, 2020, 2:57 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 14, 2020, 3:17 pm
Yes agree although the ban dates differ in different areas im predicting the ban will be lifted 19/20 th April with maybe a few hard core provinces continuing longer.

DM
Was going with May 4 for opening of everything, Now with this ban, highly unlikely, I think.

The West is talking about rolling LockDowns for the next 18 months. What's worst than a depression? Whatever it is seems to be coming.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 14, 2020, 9:46 pm

Anyone hoping for an early lift on the ban might want to take a look at Nonthaburi, they’ve just extended by 10 days until the 30th, me thinks it might be a govt directive but let’s hope not.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » April 14, 2020, 10:01 pm

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 14, 2020, 10:02 pm

Udon is already through to the 30th whereas a fair few that called it earlier than Udon opted for the more practical 20th (Songkran is over all-over). Maybe they'll all consolidate on 30th? Some may have got 'second wave' obsession? Nonthaburi is basically 'Bangkok north' so maybe they don't want a flood of infected pissheads coming back despite there being absolutely no logic in the premise. Second wave seems to be pretty much from overseas and not just in Thailand.

I don't think the PM has gone any further than letting the provincial governors' decide this. There's not been a lot of direct rule from Bangkok when it comes to the SoE.

Then again, who knows?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 15, 2020, 9:44 am

Khon Kaen governor just extended their provincial booze ban through to 30th, same as Udon's.

https://www.77kaoded.com/news/aekkapongputta/1529006

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » April 15, 2020, 10:50 am

My wife managed to a single bottle of Chang last night from her cousin's shop.However this morning,two police officers on a motorcycle were riding about the village no doubt checking on alcohol sales.Defo no mote beer.
With regards the length of the ban, the bars,restaurants and other businesses are taking a big financial hit.Now the Mom and Pop and village shops are going to suffer.Fiancially this will have an impact on Government income,maybe then second thoughts.
In Udon I think the Governor will be under a lot of pressure to drop the ban.Or is this wishful thinking ?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2020, 12:50 pm

I suspect like all politicians everywhere it will depend on where their money is located and if they had time and enough advanced info to ditch non profitable shares in favour of more coronafriendly acquisitions.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » April 15, 2020, 2:38 pm

If this doent make you think there is an underlying motive, nothing will, 1.58 million people in lock down, unable to work or buy alcohol and their are TWO people in hospital?
More will die from Alcohol dprivation and hunger, not to mention suicides!
http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_the_W ... 932148.htm

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » April 15, 2020, 5:18 pm

Have just read that the Governor of UdonThani is relaxing the lockdown restrictions,allowing restaurants to ope. by this Saturday,as long the tables are at the set distance.That surely means the alcohol ban will be lifted.Nonthaburi is also relaxing restrictions.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2020, 5:28 pm

udonfox wrote:
April 15, 2020, 5:18 pm
Have just read that the Governor of UdonThani is relaxing the lockdown restrictions,allowing restaurants to ope. by this Saturday,as long the tables are at the set distance.That surely means the alcohol ban will be lifted.Nonthaburi is also relaxing restrictions.
Why does it mean the alcohol ban will be lifted?

Perhaps Steak & ale pie will have to be "No hab" for a week or so

udonfox
udonmap.com

Post by udonfox » April 15, 2020, 7:27 pm

Why would it not be lifted ? The restaurants are no doubt
selling alcohol along with the food. So it seems logical to me for shops to sell alcohol.I know,Thailand and logic.That old chestnut.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 15, 2020, 7:59 pm

wouldnt be a great surprise to see that the only lunch accompanying liquid allowed was tea/coffee/water or coke

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”