Cold Chang’s before 11am.
Breakfast of champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought that was sex?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by AlexO » May 23, 2020, 3:46 pm

Greatest worry is that if this is enforced then there will be no beer on the golf course before 11am. Jeez, we are just about finished the round by then. Barney, 11am is nearly lunchtime in my household, breakfast is around 5.45am.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 23, 2020, 6:33 pm

Chatting to a customer in Sisaket and a matw in Pattaya it appears restaurants in those areas can now serve alchol to patrons dining .. anyone heard anything about Udon ??
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 24, 2020, 2:41 am

Restaurants and eateries are now allowed to sell beverages , but bars ,pubs or anywhere in an entertainment zone cannot .
That's the government wording . So as usual ambiguous wording . So it could be taken that if you were a restaurant in day or night or nutty park you can't ,maybe even soi sampan is classed as an entertainment zone . So you can't.
The only problem is restaurants are only allowed 30% capacity so if your place has seating for 24 then you can only have 8 ,plus only 2people per table. Due to these types of restrictions it's still difficult to operate a restaurant or eatery , letting 3 people sit at one table could get you a 100,000b fine.im also sure the BIB will make use of the confusion
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » May 24, 2020, 8:59 am

The alcoholics have an opportunity for a new lease on life.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 24, 2020, 9:20 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
May 24, 2020, 8:59 am
The alcoholics have an opportunity for a new lease on life.
Should read, the alcoholics have a new outlook on ending their lives earlier .

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 24, 2020, 9:30 am

papafarang wrote:
May 24, 2020, 2:41 am
Restaurants and eateries are now allowed to sell beverages , but bars ,pubs or anywhere in an entertainment zone cannot .
That's the government wording . So as usual ambiguous wording . So it could be taken that if you were a restaurant in day or night or nutty park you can't ,maybe even soi sampan is classed as an entertainment zone . So you can't.
The only problem is restaurants are only allowed 30% capacity so if your place has seating for 24 then you can only have 8 ,plus only 2people per table. Due to these types of restrictions it's still difficult to operate a restaurant or eatery , letting 3 people sit at one table could get you a 100,000b fine.im also sure the BIB will make use of the confusion
Well that is good for those businesses
Bound to see an increase in trade and profits
after a crappy few months

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 9:37 am

Isn't it funny how most of the dry lunches think anyone who enjoys a beer is an alcoholic, it's pathetic.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » May 24, 2020, 9:42 am

It seems the prospect of being able once more to have a drink with ones meal has outraged the tambourine bashers.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 24, 2020, 9:51 am

noosard wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:30 am
Well that is good for those businesses
Bound to see an increase in trade and profits
Unfortunately, not yet.
As been discussed previously, somewhere on this forum, businesses need at least 50% turnover, to just pay operating costs, so, at 30% capacity, their profits are a long way off yet.
Unfortunately.
But, at least it is a sign that things might improve.
Mick

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 24, 2020, 10:00 am

What I was referring to is that will see trade improve
Which has to help profits
My bill will go up at least 1 beer for each visit

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 10:05 am

Spoken with a restaurant owner here in Udon, as far as he's concerned the ban stands at the moment and I think he'd know.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 24, 2020, 10:15 am

The only logic i can see in not selling alcohol with a meal is maybe the diners may stay a little longer at the table drinking .
Yet the process of drinking a beer is no different from drinking a coffee or sickly sweet beverage .
The results are different , but not the process .
With limited seating due to the virus measures , im pretty sure restaurant owners will not want people hanging about drinking , taking up the valueable limited space for diners , so why not let them have a drink of what they fancy .
Some of the restrictions are just plain daft .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2020, 11:21 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:37 am
Isn't it funny how most of the dry lunches think anyone who enjoys a beer is an alcoholic, it's pathetic.
I am doom'd vince, me and Mrs tam both.

Last night after dinner we cracked a non-essential bottle of white port that I rescued from the DF stores in Lisbon airport last March.
1841.jpeg

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 11:23 am

Oh wow! It's been so long since I drank Port, let alone White Port, you're such an alcoholic Tammy!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 11:26 am

saint wrote:
May 24, 2020, 10:15 am
The only logic i can see in not selling alcohol with a meal is maybe the diners may stay a little longer at the table drinking .
Yet the process of drinking a beer is no different from drinking a coffee or sickly sweet beverage .
With limited seating due to the virus measures , im pretty sure restaurant owners will not want people hanging about drinking , taking up the valueable limited space for diners , so why not let them have a drink of what they fancy .
Drive past the Beyond Cafe on the Posri Road and there are most of people sipping their iced drinks and eating cake, four and five to a table, no social distancing whatsoever, where's the difference? Please bear in mind the strict laws here before you answer.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 24, 2020, 11:26 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 24, 2020, 11:26 am
saint wrote:
Drive past the Beyond Cafe on the Posri Road and there are groups of people sipping their iced drinks and eating cake, four and five to a table, no social distancing whatsoever, where's the difference? Please bear in mind the strict laws here before you answer.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 24, 2020, 1:35 pm

vincemunday wrote:
May 24, 2020, 11:26 am
saint wrote:
Drive past the Beyond Cafe on the Posri Road and there are most of people sipping their iced drinks and eating cake, four and five to a table, no social distancing whatsoever, where's the difference? Please bear in mind the strict laws here before you answer.
From what ive seen , no difference at all . The rules appear to be a joke , and its no wonder the locals do not adhere to them .
An example of how silly things have got and how confusing things are .
We had lunch at Oishi noodle place in U D yesturday . Sat opposite each other , and the girl promptly put a polycarbonate screen between us . Ridiculous .
A family of 4 came in and the mother and daughter had to sit at one table , whilst the father and son were seated at another , but because they sat on the same sides of the tables , no screen .
It was obvious it was a family , came from the same house , and i saw them arrive in the same car .
Like i said , a joke .
Some things are obviously for our safety , but most im beginning to feel is about control and emergency power .

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » May 24, 2020, 5:37 pm

RE: saint, agree your last sentence. Nothing to do with the virus.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”