Alcohol sales ban!

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Alcohol sales ban!

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 9:12 am

One has to apply the rationale of the socially enabled, empowered but otherwise morally delinquent and indolent provincial governor here.

Does he open the office on a big holiday weekend to formally promulgate a 2-day moratorium and thus have to repeat the same exercise in reverse 48-hours later?

Or does he just take the path of least resistance and issue a simple, one-time, open-ended extension with no dates suggested or inferred?

Gentlemen (and DM), lay your bets.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » April 30, 2020, 9:18 am

vincemunday wrote:
April 30, 2020, 8:28 am
Bad news for some, no stocking up of booze to be allowed, let’s hope this isn’t right, we will have to wait and see.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/12517/gove ... rSse929mlE
Seems they will decide today 😁 as usual the messages being conveyed are confusing to say the least but that's normal for here. We will know today or tomorrow what restrictions will stand

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 9:26 am

tamada wrote:
April 30, 2020, 9:12 am
One has to apply the rationale of the socially enabled, empowered but otherwise morally delinquent and indolent provincial governor here.

Does he open the office on a big holiday weekend to formally promulgate a 2-day moratorium and thus have to repeat the same exercise in reverse 48-hours later?

Or does he just take the path of least resistance and issue a simple, one-time, open-ended extension with no dates suggested or inferred?

Gentlemen (and DM), lay your bets.
When posting less long words more substance required Tam .. the thought that a Jockonian would know how to spell WITHOUT GOOGLE OR SPELL CHECKER and the meaning of the words you use is sheer folly ..

im betting no bets will be placed as one> im not abetting man and two > betting is illegal here ....whats more I GOT SIVILAI

BTW im GUESSING not betting the Gov will go with the bit i highlighted in red in your post.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 30, 2020, 9:35 am

Speculation is the food of fools, I will wander into Big C on the two days afore mentioned, should I be able to purchase a bottle of my favourite tipple all well and good if not , rationing will commence at two tots per day instead of three.

No problems, no frothing at the mouth or even the DT's, going for a stress free situation either way. Those that need a fix, can always contact the local Lao Kao maker and slowly kill yourself I suppose

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 30, 2020, 9:41 am

When this restriction gets lifted, it will not be based on health reasons, it will be from pressure from the booze barons who will be none to pleased about this ban.

It makes very little sense on any other basis than a show of strength.

- Retail sales down
- Wholesale sales down
- Government revenue down
- Unemployment up
- Health benefits, probably unintentional but likely more from curbing excessive drinking than controlling COVID

Where is Al Capone when we need him
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 10:07 am

HOT OFF THE PRESS ..well phone really .

Just talking to my bizz colleague in Bkk and he is preparing orders to go out Fri 1st Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd as was given the go ahead could sell and transport alcohol on those days ..with the ban coming back into effect from Monday morning .

This info came out of BKK and may apply to there only .. unless otherwise stated by provincial govenors

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 10:40 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 30, 2020, 10:07 am
HOT OFF THE PRESS ..well phone really .

Just talking to my bizz colleague in Bkk and he is preparing orders to go out Fri 1st Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd as was given the go ahead could sell and transport alcohol on those days ..with the ban coming back into effect from Monday morning .

This info came out of BKK and may apply to there only .. unless otherwise stated by provincial govenors

DM
Keep that finger on the pulse DM... no traffic watch until you see/hear/read and post the definitive word from our own provincial dear leader.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » April 30, 2020, 11:48 am

So why is nobody talking about the road deaths usually associated with our beloved water festival that just passed, with the alcohol ban in place. Maybe because during this time under normal circumstances, far many more people would be dead from alcohol related road accidents, than have died from the VIRUS. So banning alcohol may save more lives, than this stupid lockdown.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 1:52 pm

What lockdown? The Udon Thani Wall Climbers Association have it on good authority that only the cleverest of farangs that have run out of beer are practicing it. To be more precise, only the members of the Udon Thani Wall Climbers Association that are clever, have run out of beer, who are members of this forum and have started drinking turps are worried about the great Thailand social engineering experiment.

...did I just say that out loud?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 1:58 pm

tamada wrote:
April 30, 2020, 1:52 pm
What lockdown? The Udon Thani Wall Climbers Association have it on good authority that only the cleverest of farangs that have run out of beer are practicing it. To be more precise, only the members of the Udon Thani Wall Climbers Association that are clever, have run out of beer, who are members of this forum and have started drinking turps are worried about the great Thailand social engineering experiment.

...did I just say that out loud?
Never been anything that remotely looks like a lock down ..in Udon .. and im pleased Tam is FINALLY admitting for the most part it only appears to be the cleverer elderly expats adhering to restrictions

I got SIVILAI

dm

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 30, 2020, 2:20 pm

Not sure where I get pigeonholed there
Been outside the house 3 times since 17th March (43 days) on each occasion for essential supplies
Run out of beer a couple of times
Not yet resorted to installing a climbing frame on the wall as make do with treadmill/ski walker/exercise bike

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 2:25 pm

Nakhon Phanom governor already rolled over the booze ban earlier today, extended through to 15 May.

At least that gets the bloody ball rolling...

https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/771849

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 3:04 pm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 30, 2020, 3:09 pm

now we are getting somewhere stay tuned folks .. your doing a great job of keeping us alcoholic wall climbers up to date Tam .. more provincial announcements sure to follow in the next few hours .

Opening of Udon airport for the May hols is a shocker IMO .. lead to a single infection here and bosh UD back to red colours n square 1.

DM

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » April 30, 2020, 3:32 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:09 pm
now we are getting somewhere stay tuned folks .. your doing a great job of keeping us alcoholic wall climbers up to date Tam .. more provincial announcements sure to follow in the next few hours .

Opening of Udon airport for the May hols is a shocker IMO .. lead to a single infection here and bosh UD back to red colours n square 1.

DM
Actually the airport has been open all the time
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 30, 2020, 3:43 pm

It looks like the Alcohol ban has been extended at a National Level for another month.
It will be reviewed along with other measures after 15 days.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/303 ... l_referral

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 30, 2020, 3:59 pm

am I missing something here? apart from stopping a few small groups of lads/lassies sitting outside a ma/pa shop for an hour after work and having a beer, what are they stopping? They can still go and sit in an outdoor restaurant for the hour so it cant be a "social distancing" thing, bars/Kareoke/entertainment areas are closed so it cant be that, so what are they gaining from having a ban?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 4:34 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Well you are the wall climber that's nearest the airport so maybe get your newly sober snipers eye and pick 'em off as they arrive. Global House will be open so you'll even be able to build a proper watch tower, no?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » April 30, 2020, 4:37 pm

tamada wrote:
April 30, 2020, 4:34 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

DM
Well you are the wall climber that's nearest the airport so maybe get your newly sober snipers eye and pick 'em off as they arrive. Global House will be open so you'll even be able to build a proper watch tower, no?
Where did you hear GH would be open? We just went there and they didn't know.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 30, 2020, 4:39 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
April 30, 2020, 3:59 pm
am I missing something here? apart from stopping a few small groups of lads/lassies sitting outside a ma/pa shop for an hour after work and having a beer, what are they stopping? They can still go and sit in an outdoor restaurant for the hour so it cant be a "social distancing" thing, bars/Kareoke/entertainment areas are closed so it cant be that, so what are they gaining from having a ban?
Herd immunity?

For the Provincial Governors I mean. If they all ban it then nobody can get pilloried for having a random death that will be inextricably linked to the fact that he relaxed the provincial plebs piss rations too soon.

Cunning lot these guvner's. Head well below the parapet and arse well covered at all times.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”