Check Points

General Udon Thani topics only!
pf-flyer
udonmap.com

Check Points

Post by pf-flyer » March 31, 2020, 1:20 pm

The police had a check point set up on the west bound lane of route 22 about a kilometer or so outside of Nong Han this morning. They asked us to pull over and get out of the car and they had tables setup with a clear plastic shield set up between the drivers and the people sitting at the table. My wife told me to get out my Drivers licenses and my Pink Thai ID card. When we got to the table the lady at the table they took both of our temperatures and then they just wanted to talk to my wife and to see her Thai ID card. We were wearing our facemasks. They asked if we were wearing our face maskes all of the time while we were out. They asked us where were we coming from and where we were going to. They asked for the licenses number of our car and the color of our car and our address and phone number. I was the one that was driving and they were not interested in seeing my driver’s license or my pink Thai ID car. So I put it away. The police and Everybody else at the check point were polite and courteous. My wife and I were glad to see them taking steps to control the spread of this coronavirus.

"Life is like a tube of toothpaste. Outward pressure brings out the inward contents."

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Check Points

Post by tamada » March 31, 2020, 1:40 pm

Probably expecting a sudden heavy influx of people from Sakon Nakhon on booze runs?

https://www.komchadluek.net/news/regional/425362

Sakon Nakhon - Mr Monsit Phaisan Thanawat, Governor of Sakon Nakhon Issue the announcement no. 7 on "temporary closing of the place" by the Communicable Disease Committee meeting. Sakon Nakhon province has a resolution announcing "Prohibiting the sale of spirits and beverages containing all kinds of alcohol" and temporarily extend the time to close the premises According to the Sakon Nakhon Province Announcement No. 6 from March 31, 2020 until April 16, 2020 due to the outbreak of the virus, Covid-19.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”