udonmap.com

Chevrolet

Post by Chuchi » February 22, 2020, 3:58 pm

pal52
udonmap.com

Re: Chevrolet

Post by pal52 » February 22, 2020, 4:47 pm

You try buying one.

Read in Bangkok Post yesterday all the available Captivas have been sold already.

Dealers are putting people on a waiting list for if & when they can get any more.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » February 22, 2020, 5:01 pm

Might sound good idea/deal, if you need a need for a new car at present. Knowing the Thai's, they will be buying them on their credit card today, hopping they can sell them for a lot more, before their credit card payment comes due at the end of next month. A bit like their Apartment purchases off-plan.

Given Chevy are pulling out of say Thailand, no short term effect, but I suspect that buying Chevy spare parts in 7 years’ time, for the Chevy that you buy today, may not be such an easy/cheap exercise, if Chevy have little or no presence left in Asia (Thailand, Australia etc.), in the very near future.

Have to see how quickly and but how much the Chevy's devalue in resale price, in Thailand. :-k :-k

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 22, 2020, 5:56 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 22, 2020, 5:01 pm
... I suspect that buying Chevy spare parts in 7 years’ time, for the Chevy that you buy today, may not be such an easy/cheap exercise, if Chevy have little or no presence left in Asia (Thailand, Australia etc.), in the very near future.
Sure, but there will be plenty of after-market parts. Even now, when my Toyota Vigo needs minor body work, I'm always asked if I want genuine Toyota parts or after market.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 22, 2020, 7:52 pm

Chevrolets are crap .. i wouldnt have one given if i had to keep n drive it more than 1 year , without selling it and getting a Toyota , Izusu or Ford .

Others may disagree ...only MOP

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » February 22, 2020, 8:20 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
February 22, 2020, 5:01 pm
Knowing the Thai's, they will be buying them on their credit card today, hopping they can sell them for a lot more, before their credit card payment comes due at the end of next month. A bit like their Apartment purchases off-plan.
as far as i heard they were sold only for cash - no credit card and no finance plans…..

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » February 22, 2020, 8:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 22, 2020, 7:52 pm
Chevrolets are crap .. i wouldnt have one given if i had to keep n drive it more than 1 year , without selling it and getting a Toyota , Izusu or Ford .

DM
Wife has told me that Chevy has a bad reputation in Thailand right now. Might be why Chevy is leaving.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 23, 2020, 6:15 am

Well if NO finance available for these cheap cars, then watch out apart from Porobor there will be no insurance either, at least with Credit, those companies insist on No 1 insurance .

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 23, 2020, 7:00 am

Insurance can be bought , what are you on about???

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » February 23, 2020, 7:05 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 22, 2020, 7:52 pm

DM
i,ve had a " chevy sonic LTZ 1600cc " for about 4 years now never had a problem , driven it all over Thailand
only put about 20k kms on it because only use my bikes when in Udon , but find the chevy , comfortable
and powerful enough for my needs , I say it as I see it ...

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 23, 2020, 10:15 am

Stantheman wrote:
February 22, 2020, 8:58 pm

Wife has told me that Chevy has a bad reputation in Thailand right now. Might be why Chevy is leaving.
GM is getting out of right hand drive vehicles all around the world - hence Chevy departing Thailand.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 23, 2020, 2:24 pm

Here is a good good take on how cheap the cars need to be to be good value, it is for the Holden brand but the numbers are similar.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » February 23, 2020, 11:37 pm

Captiva (2006–2018) was sold in Korea as Daewoo Winstorm and as Holden Captiva in Australia
2019 Baojun 530 from China, the actual Chevrolet Captiva, sold in India as MG Hector further in Indonesia as Wuling Almaz. Basicaly its still a Korean car. Regarding the fact that Chevrolet (GM) as Isuzu sharing a lot of their cars based on BADGE ENGINEERING its always hard to say which spare parts will be available in the future. Probably many spare parts except body parts will fit from their twins

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 24, 2020, 6:26 am

minimiglia wrote:
February 23, 2020, 7:00 am
I*f you really think about it, IF you buy on Credit the Credit Company insist on that car having No 1 Insurance in order to protect their investment. If you buy cash the only mandatory requirement is to have the Third party Insurance ( well not even that ) known as Poribor . Now I know people who have had accidents with the guilty party only having poribor . Payout miserly, and to get the un-insured costs back is like getting blood out of a stone nigh on impossible unless you go to court, as many Thais do not have enough to sell or seize to pay .

So you end up out of pocket in some way.
So before you ridicule a fact, try thinking

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 24, 2020, 6:35 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 23, 2020, 6:15 am
Well if NO finance available for these cheap cars, then watch out apart from Porobor there will be no insurance either, at least with Credit, those companies insist on No 1 insurance .
As far as I know, I certainly could be wrong, while the amount of cover/payout is based on the age and purchase price of the vehicle I have never heard of private insurance being refused on a new or reasonably new vehicle.

The premium you may have to pay is a rather different matter but an outright refusal?
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 24, 2020, 7:40 am

Khun Paul wrote:
February 24, 2020, 6:26 am
minimiglia wrote:
February 23, 2020, 7:00 am
I*f you really think about it, IF you buy on Credit the Credit Company insist on that car having No 1 Insurance in order to protect their investment. If you buy cash the only mandatory requirement is to have the Third party Insurance ( well not even that ) known as Poribor . Now I know people who have had accidents with the guilty party only having poribor . Payout miserly, and to get the un-insured costs back is like getting blood out of a stone nigh on impossible unless you go to court, as many Thais do not have enough to sell or seize to pay .

So you end up out of pocket in some way.
So before you ridicule a fact, try thinking
What are you on about, buy 1st class insurance from any insurance company problem solved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 24, 2020, 9:06 am

minimiglia wrote:
February 24, 2020, 7:40 am

What are you on about, buy 1st class insurance from any insurance company problem solved.
I think that KP, in his inimitable and xenophobic way, is suggesting that people here (ie the Thais) don't insure their vehicle unless compelled to do so by a finance company.

Utter bullshiit of course, as is usually the case.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 24, 2020, 9:13 am

Really , I am not saying Thais do not insure , what what I am saying is that, many do not take out Class 1 or even 2 , ,just have Poribor and then pay for any damages out of their p[ocket, sadly many take that option without the means to pay for damage to their vehicles or anything else that Poribpor does not pay for and the amounts Poribor p;ays is not often enough .
Again read the p[ost before trying to belittle a person It is no xenophobic it is factuial,

A couple of friends of mine have recently had vehicle altercations with bikes, not only NO TAX, but guess what NO Poribor or even Licence to ride.....plus No money either , luckily the damage was minimal but imagine the outcry if one of the riders was seriously injured .

Wake up and smell the roses living in Cloud Cuckoo land seems to be your preferred existence.
Last edited by Khun Paul on February 24, 2020, 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » February 24, 2020, 9:16 am

So what just have your own 1st class insurance, then no problem who cares about others

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 24, 2020, 3:16 pm

I do actually care as if a person hits my car and has no insurance ap;rt fropm the mandatory 3rd party , I could end up with a rise in the cost of mine because some simpleton cares not for anyone else , and the recoup the money ios a long and often fruitless exercise .
it will be a sad world if we all went around not caring for each other, but then it seems that you follow that , ,good luck remind me if you need help I will be happy to decline it !

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”