Where to Pay/ Query Electric Bill

General Udon Thani topics only!
pal52
udonmap.com

Where to Pay/ Query Electric Bill

Post by pal52 » January 27, 2020, 9:15 am

Where do you Query or pay Electric bill in Udon (Muang district).

We have always paid the bill by someone coming to the house to collect the money.
Now they put the bill in the letterbox so can pay at 7-11 etc.

The first bill I have received is wrong as it has an address on it which is nowhere near my house.
Also the amount is totally wrong so I will have to go to the office to sort it out.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Where to Pay/ Query Electric Bill

Post by Doodoo » January 27, 2020, 9:31 am

Just south of Big C and the overpass
There is a new electrical office located there

Hope this helps

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 27, 2020, 12:00 pm

I always use the small PEA office in Ud Town .. very convenient as opens 7 days per week, located next to Villa Market opposite Tesco entrance i think theres a wine shop next door .. go at the right time of the day ie as they open n loads of parking in n out quick .

Opens 10-30am to 6pm

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 27, 2020, 1:37 pm

pal52 wrote:
January 27, 2020, 9:15 am
Where do you Query or pay Electric bill in Udon (Muang district).

We have always paid the bill by someone coming to the house to collect the money.
Now they put the bill in the letterbox so can pay at 7-11 etc.

The first bill I have received is wrong as it has an address on it which is nowhere near my house.
Also the amount is totally wrong so I will have to go to the office to sort it out.
Reminds me of 20 years ago......we missed the village bill collector, so I took the bill (he left it at the gate) to the old PEA office near Cellini. I handed the bill and 1000 baht to the lady, took my change and a receipt and left. Three months, and 2 further paid bills later, my wife called me in town to say someone shut off the power and drove away with our electric meter for an unpaid bill. Lucky for me, I kept the receipt of the bill I paid in town. Unlucky for me, the lady at PEA rang up someone else's bill.......so ours went unpaid. I long wondered whether the lady at PEA took advantage of poor-stupid-me-falang. That ended up being one of the reasons I buckled down and learned to read Thai. A mad flash into town, paid 160 baht, and at 5pm, a guy rode up on a motorcycle and reinstalled our meter.
Lesson learned!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 27, 2020, 2:15 pm

This site may help when it comes to payment options:-

https://www.pea.co.th/en/Payment-Channels

I use my Kasikorn Bank app (K PLUS) where I have registered our PEA Account. Just press 2 buttons on my phone and the bill is paid.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 27, 2020, 8:55 pm

I just monitor the readings on the app & set up a Direct Debit. Don't have to visit anywhere or worry about it being unpaid
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 29, 2020, 3:51 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 27, 2020, 12:00 pm
I always use the small PEA office in Ud Town .. very convenient as opens 7 days per week, located next to Villa Market opposite Tesco entrance i think theres a wine shop next door .. go at the right time of the day ie as they open n loads of parking in n out quick .

Opens 10-30am to 6pm

DM
Thanks Jon.
Called in the office in UD Town today with the blue book for the house.

Explained to the 2 girls in there who spoke very good English and were very helpful that the first time the bill was put in my mailbox it had the wrong address and was definitely the wrong amount.

I also explained I talked with the man who read the meter then he took the bill away with him and said he would correct it.
Waited a week for new bill but did nor arrive.

Was in and out the office with correct bill paid in 10 mins.
They also said that if the next bill was not correct to bring it to the office & they would sort it out.

Thanks for the other replies.
I will look at paying by Direct Debit when they deliver the correct bill.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 29, 2020, 6:20 pm

For the past year or so, our meter reader in the village, and others I've seen in town, print out an instant bill when the read the meter. It's usually left in a small box near the meter or in the mailbox if it's nearby.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 29, 2020, 6:35 pm

parrot wrote:
January 29, 2020, 6:20 pm
For the past year or so, our meter reader in the village, and others I've seen in town, print out an instant bill when the read the meter. It's usually left in a small box near the meter or in the mailbox if it's nearby.
Thats exactly what he did.
The bill he put in the mailbox was not correct.
They even gave me a special PEA box 4 weeks ago which was hung on my gate & I printed on it my house address with a indelible marker.
There are only 4 Meters on a pole directly across the road from my house.
The address on my bill was Moo1 and the bill was for 240 baht.
My house is Moo 11 and my bill is always in excess of 2000 baht due to my swimming pool and even more when we use Aircon.
I was just lucky I was there when he was reading the meter.
The actual bill I paid today was 2,508 baht which is correct.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”