Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 26, 2021, 2:31 pm

Roads very quiet today.. dropped in the main post office easy parking and no Qs , likewise Tesco express opposite Hansa and 7-11 where i buy my lotto tickets ..

White and yellow lines of differing size and spacing being applied to the new AP/RR INTERSECTION .. so im guessing the right turn to the AP will be opened up shortly.. .. with just the paths n kerb painting to finish... all in all its looking splendid.

Just hope there is some sort of speed reducing plans for the inner frontage/slip road to avoid carnage.

Its with a heavy heart will bid farewell to all the many workers that have toiled there upon.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 27, 2021, 7:57 pm

Work seems to have stalled on Thahan Road from Prajak Circle. All the heavy machinery has gone & I didn’t see anyone standing in holes.
The crude filling in is still there along with a few holes bollarded off.
There’s still a few metal sheets which I’ll have to dab my brakes on. Just out of curiosity you understand
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 28, 2021, 10:53 am

Town seems quiet but it’s not 11am yet so that might be the reason

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 30, 2021, 1:05 pm

DM: maybe I missed it......but I noticed that the ring road that passes your place (heading into town) will have a bypass lane. I like by pass lanes....wish they'd add one at the kilo 5 ringroad intersection as well.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 30, 2021, 4:10 pm

that intersection as well as the west ring road 3 way have needed a bypass lane for years. Don't know why they didn't do it long ago. There are a number of 3 way intersections around town that could use it for sure..
Dave

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 30, 2021, 4:17 pm

parrot wrote:
August 30, 2021, 1:05 pm
DM: maybe I missed it......but I noticed that the ring road that passes your place (heading into town) will have a bypass lane. I like by pass lanes....wish they'd add one at the kilo 5 ringroad intersection as well.
Indeed .. a frontage or slip road it doth have ... makes it easy to gain entry n exit into out car park plus the duck noodle shop and Romyen village... i hope the speed freaks stay on the main section and IMO speed bumps would be great but wont happen.

Nearing completion . working overnight last night and lots of bodies on site now .. been told theyve got till midnight on 31st before a penalty clause for late completion kicks in.

It is obviously way better than previous ..

Hopefully no more bouncing truck wheels Dave ..you remember that ?? :shock: :lol:

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 31, 2021, 9:04 pm

There were people standing in holes again in Thahan Road earlier.
They were also making new holes so I guess whatever they’ve been doing didn’t work

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 1, 2021, 2:39 pm

Still a few bodies finishing off the AP/RR intersection make over , kerb painters n pavement pavers etc ..

Lots of Tesaban official visitors today who seem to be happy and smiling ...alas my prediction is sadly already looking likely to be correct as all styles of vehicles are using the new inbound frontage / slip road AT HIGH SPEED to save zero time as the traffic lights are set on flashing amber with no stopping when going straight on ..doesnt bode well if n when the lights become active again as for sure will flash down the inner tarmac road to cut out a slight wait ... expect accidents UNLESS speed bumps are laid which i doubt will happen until a few smashes.

All in all the project looks great ..and in truth no hold ups at all as far i can recall.

Rumour has it the 26 rai behind / next to the Tap which is being filled with soil is or has been sold with a cool 120 mil price tag ?? 2 years ago it was 52 mil :shock: :shock: .. very unlikely but hope its a PTT park ?? .. my doggies with miss the space to have a run tho.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 1, 2021, 2:42 pm

I notice speed bumps are usually self installing on tarmac roads after a week or so of heavy traffic in this heat

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 1, 2021, 5:42 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 1, 2021, 2:39 pm
Still a few bodies finishing off the AP/RR intersection make over , kerb painters n pavement pavers etc ..

Lots of Tesaban official visitors today who seem to be happy and smiling ...alas my prediction is sadly already looking likely to be correct as all styles of vehicles are using the new inbound frontage / slip road AT HIGH SPEED to save zero time as the traffic lights are set on flashing amber with no stopping when going straight on ..doesnt bode well if n when the lights become active again as for sure will flash down the inner tarmac road to cut out a slight wait ... expect accidents UNLESS speed bumps are laid which i doubt will happen until a few smashes.

All in all the project looks great ..and in truth no hold ups at all as far i can recall.

Rumour has it the 26 rai behind / next to the Tap which is being filled with soil is or has been sold with a cool 120 mil price tag ?? 2 years ago it was 52 mil :shock: :shock: .. very unlikely but hope its a PTT park ?? .. my doggies with miss the space to have a run tho.

DM
Well DM regarding your so-called slip road, I doubt is any slwoing devices will ever be installed it will require a death or two to put the local officials under pressure likewise my Pedestrian crossing across a 80 kph dual carriageway road, I nearly saw a flying body the other day, but the car screeched to a halt just in time , the old lady crossing did not seem to notice, another place where a death or two will spur action.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2021, 7:51 am

Khun Paul wrote:
September 1, 2021, 5:42 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 1, 2021, 2:39 pm

DM
Well DM regarding your so-called slip road, I doubt is any slwoing devices will ever be installed it will require a death or two to put the local officials under pressure likewise my Pedestrian crossing across a 80 kph dual carriageway road, I nearly saw a flying body the other day, but the car screeched to a halt just in time , the old lady crossing did not seem to notice, another place where a death or two will spur action.
You are mistaken KP .. the subject of speed reducing methods for the frontage/slip road has already been floated according to the Tesaban people who have been talking with the local residents including the factory and the long established Nong Hin duck noodle business .. the owners missus works in the civil service and its known its an issue that needs addressing.

Looking at things this morning the traffic lights are still flashing amber, its very busy with vehicles going way to fast both on both the new main concrete Le Mans curve and the inner frontage road... motorbikes doing illegal right turns through the bollards blocking off the way into the airport road (which is due to be reopened and lights back in operation imminently)... so it wont be long before we have a serious RTA of some kind.

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 2, 2021, 9:07 am

I like your comments DM, however IF the lowering of Speed devices was put into the build spec they would alrready be there, so this is a propbable knee jerk reaction, so beloved of Thai Government administration and will bnecause of the nature of the Road a main highway authority from the Highyways Chaps top be implemented , so do not hold your breath for a quick solution. I found out by the way that the pedestrian crossing over my way was asked for some years ago ( NOTE THE SOME YEARS COMMENT ) and they had a bit of Spare cash this year, so they installed it , approx 4 years after authorisation.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 2, 2021, 10:33 am

Think I’ll come & have a look at the (nearly) finished article.

Do you think it will be possible to get the truck bouncing off the rev limiter on a drive past?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2021, 3:21 pm

Heads up ..as predicted earlier today the traffic lights at the newly beautified AP/RR intersection are now operational .. alas most are ignoring them and worse now the inner frontage road has become a whole lot busier with all the wannabe Lewis Hamiltons and Valentino Rossis being clever and racing through avoiding the few second waiting time a the lights... even worse 18 wheelers now thundering through as well.

Its possibly time DM started the search for a new roost methinks.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 2, 2021, 5:14 pm

Another very stupid move by our illustrious traffic planners.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 2, 2021, 5:43 pm

Mike .. thats an under statement .. just on what ive witnessed today theres gonna be carnage .. all the residents located on the frontage rd are not happy to say the least ..there are some whose front doors are literally 3 or 4 m.from.the new race lane .

Our rents are paid up.until Dec 31st after which time will be moving on .. so long as i remain based in the elite west side suburbs with all its excellent eateries etc ..its a great location for nipping in n out of town very easily as well..

Dm

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 2, 2021, 6:46 pm

fdimike wrote:
September 2, 2021, 5:14 pm
Another very stupid move by our illustrious traffic planners.
No NOT a stupid move a wonderful idea but badly implemented, and installed . Lack of foresight , much needed in Road Planning but when life is cheap, you expect perfection

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 3, 2021, 7:56 am

First RTAs have occurred at the AP/RR love junction .. minor motorsai on the inner frontage road and a rear end shunt (Tam knows all about them) out on the main drag.. more serious carnage to come im sure.

Traffic quite heavy this morning

Heads up .... Police hot spot appears to be on Phosri rd at the top of soi Paradise..there everyday now stopping many for various violations including those using the wrong lane to turn right at the lights coming from Rajaphat to go to Makro.
I was stopped for allegedly going through the lights on red ..i asked to see the footage which showed i went through as the lights were turning green to amber ..nice police lady smiled and let me off.

DM

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 3, 2021, 3:04 pm

I drove through the Tap bypass today on the way into town. Unlike the bypass at the kilo 8 PTT station, the Tap bypass is 2 lane, so cars wanting to tank up on duck soup or the latest in Tap offerings have a slow-down lane.
I'll guess that big trucks will be restricted from using the bypass....okay, so maybe just signs, but that'll give the police a reason to set up tables on the other side of the light (ok with me!).
I see the new work as a big plus......though, I'll give it time for some fine-tuning before giving it an A

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » September 3, 2021, 4:00 pm

I think it's just as ridiculous as the one at km 8 PTT station which allows the traffic to bypass the traffic lights there. Might just as well disable the traffic light which is supposed to slow down and help control traffic. This kind of thinking reminds me of when I asked the local tesaban to install a speed bump on my narrow soi to try to slow down traffic. We have elderly and disabled adults and children living here. There answer was it was not convenient for the cars! Definitely a rocket scientist without enough common sense to fill a sewing thimble!
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”