Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 9:29 am

Yesterday’s aborted mission is on again.

I’m told we’re going for the hat trick, Big C, Fruit Market & Ngeesoon so that should take us through the thick of it on a Monday morning

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2021, 10:16 am

Niggly wrote:
April 12, 2021, 9:29 am
Yesterday’s aborted mission is on again.

I’m told we’re going for the hat trick, Big C, Fruit Market & Ngeesoon so that should take us through the thick of it on a Monday morning
RAF Bomber Command aircraft crew never knew much more than about 12-hours in advance of when and where their next sortie would be. This was to assist seal 'loose lips' as well as keep the less ardent from calling in sick. However, the messman was advised and an aircrew being served two fried eggs with breakfast was the first signal that they were going up that night. In a time of war time food rationing, it became a tradition for flyers going on sorties.

So Niggly, did you get two eggs on your plate for brekky or not?

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 10:24 am

^ No
I got a fresh coconut from the tree, carefully opened & poured into a glass so I could drink without a straw.

I’m scared ..............

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 12, 2021, 10:52 am

This post was I thought about traffic, traffic problems and possible road works causing hold-ups etc. NOT how a slightly deranged man and his family are going shopping, with all the problems that can cause UNLESS of course in the journey or return there are traffic problems that could cause others to deviate from their route to avoid pitfalls. MAYBE i AM MISSING SOMETHING, the Title IS Udon Traffic and NOT GOING SHOPPING I am sure . but then having been told my UNDERSTANDING of the English language is questionable , Just maybe I am wrong !!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 11:01 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 12, 2021, 10:52 am
This post was I thought about traffic, traffic problems and possible road works causing hold-ups etc. NOT how a slightly deranged man and his family are going shopping, with all the problems that can cause UNLESS of course in the journey or return there are traffic problems that could cause others to deviate from their route to avoid pitfalls. MAYBE i AM MISSING SOMETHING, the Title IS Udon Traffic and NOT GOING SHOPPING I am sure . but then having been told my UNDERSTANDING of the English language is questionable , Just maybe I am wrong !!
Yes, you are wrong

Next

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 11:01 am

So heading back into town from the flyover/tunnel direction, you go through two sets of lights & then come to one of those little coned off red light filters at the Benchang Road junction on the right before you reach Ban Huay market. It’s more or less outside a largish local home improvement store & Honda dealer.
Well I’m following a truck who was following a Yai on a Honda Wave. Yai enters the filter & just falls off. I have no idea why, road is in reasonable condition & no one else near except the following truck who pulled up safely when she hit the deck. One minute I can see her head through the following trucks windscreen then next minute I see it bouncing down the road next to the filter cones.
Anyway, loads of vehicles pulled up so it’s pretty gridlocked there now & probably best to avoid while it’s all sorted out.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 12, 2021, 11:02 am

Niggly wrote:
April 12, 2021, 11:01 am
Khun Paul wrote:
Yes, you are wrong

Next
Coming from that is NOT an endorsement of the facts .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 11:03 am

Khun Paul wrote:
April 12, 2021, 11:02 am
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Yes, you are wrong

Next
Just get back in topic will you.

Show me the last post you made here that has anything to do with traffic

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 12, 2021, 11:08 am

Niggly wrote:
So heading back into town from the flyover/tunnel direction, you go through two sets of lights & then come to one of those little coned off red light filters at the Benchang Road junction on the right before you reach Ban Huay market. It’s more or less outside a largish local home improvement store & Honda dealer.
Well I’m following a truck who was following a Yai on a Honda Wave. Yai enters the filter & just falls off. I have no idea why, road is in reasonable condition & no one else near except the following truck who pulled up safely when she hit the deck. One minute I can see her head through the following trucks windscreen then next minute I see it bouncing down the road next to the filter cones.
Anyway, loads of vehicles pulled up so it’s pretty gridlocked there now & probably best to avoid while it’s all sorted out.
Maybe there's a bout of 'falling sickness' going the rounds? I was parked up outside my lads school last week, chatting away in dek-speak when a lady on a crotch rocket inexplicably went tits-up right beside us. Smooth, dry road, didn't hit anything and no another vehicle in sight or parked in the vicinity either.

Or maybe there's a poltergeist roaming the streets, pushing unaware lady motorbikers over?

And now back to our regular programming...

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 12, 2021, 12:43 pm

Traffic surprisingly quiet. In fact, so much so Mrs N even mentioned it when she usually just accepts the gridlock.

Nittayo Road no queues at the contra flow & further up hardly any traffic.
Big C as empty as I’ve seen it, motorcy park only a quarter full & plenty of car spaces near the doors.

Regular programming will resume as soon as KP can think of something useless to post in reply to me appended by LOL as if that somehow makes it alright

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » April 12, 2021, 2:30 pm

Niggly wrote:
April 12, 2021, 11:03 am
Khun Paul wrote:
April 12, 2021, 11:02 am
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Yes, you are wrong

Next

Just get back in topic will you.

Show me the last post you made here that has anything to do with traffic
Communicating with Dunderheads is tiresome, have a good day

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 12, 2021, 3:06 pm

On the lighter side.....as I drove the overpass on the way to Nonghan on Saturday and the overpass across to the old Lotus on Sunday, I go to thinking.........did I miss reports of the tunnel flooding last rainy season?
Construction of the two overpasses sucked while it was ongoing.....but they're pretty slick now that they're open. Word is, there's thinking to do the same at the KK/ringroad intersection.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 12, 2021, 4:18 pm

The hole/water main leak at the Sam Prao road junction with the ringroad is still leaking ...... No signs of any infilling of the sink hole.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2021, 8:37 am

Once again at at normally peak traffic times its spookily quiet at the RR/AP intersection.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 9:00 am

rick wrote:
April 12, 2021, 4:18 pm
The hole/water main leak at the Sam Prao road junction with the ringroad is still leaking ...... No signs of any infilling of the sink hole.
Correct. Three days ago a small backhoe was finishing off a partial refill. Yesterday afternoon, the large long-boomed backhoe was up to its top knuckle scooping more soup out of the hole. I still reckon they are fighting the natural aquifer and trying to fix it via "keyhole surgery" ain't gonna work. They can't relocate the large backhoe and work at different angles due to the low overhead cables and they can't open up the work area without closing the Samphrao road. Not a whole lot of practical detours available if the remaining pavement collapses under the extra traffic load either.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2021, 9:15 am

I heard the amphur are in talks to leave the said water feature there and call it ." THE GATE WAY TO San Prao Fountain"

A recent burst large water pipe was repaired with in the hour at the soon to be impressive AP /RR Junction ... the same day road works n drainage construction started n ripped all the repaired pipework out .. thus proving COMMUNICATION is key to success and saves money.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 9:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
April 13, 2021, 9:15 am
I heard the amphur are in talks to leave the said water feature there and call it ." THE GATE WAY TO San Prao Fountain"

A recent burst large water pipe was repaired with in the hour at the soon to be impressive AP /RR Junction ... the same day road works n drainage construction started n ripped all the repaired pipework out .. thus proving COMMUNICATION is key to success and saves money.

DM
For those without GPS and/or long-term memory loss, our DM is talking about Udon's famous 'tumbleweed junction'.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 13, 2021, 9:40 am

X marks the spot.jpg
New Samphrao Junction Water Feature

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » April 13, 2021, 2:24 pm

Eerily quiet through the centre of town

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2021, 2:41 pm

yep same at Udons premier intersection ... weirdly quiet ... good job it is the way the road guys left the works for the SK period .. as previously commented looks like the scene out of the movie Shaving Ryans Privates .. hang on thats not right thats another movie from tinernet !!

Just whizzed up to BiG C Nadee on the motorsai for dogs snacks n the place was deserted i couldnt count how many customers i saw coz there wasnt anyone else shopping only a few employees

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”