Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
Niggly
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Niggly » June 22, 2021, 9:54 pm

KP & his cup of water earlier

Disclaimer
References to any UM member, fictitious cups of water or inference to driving capabilities is purely for comedic purposes. The usual swerving of actually answering a question will resume shortly. Thank you for your understanding

Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 23, 2021, 6:40 am

I give up trying to educate the stupid and idiotic whose sole aim is to try to belittle others as a pastime, because they have nothing else better to do. We should be grateful however while those corpulent fingers are typing at least they are not attempting to drive ( although that is a guess ) . Many people THINK they can drive and by good luck and a fair wind do manage to make it through their life, without anything serious happening to them due to their incompetence . However I must reiterate driving is skill barely taught to many . As one instructor said to me during Traffic police driving course, just because you know the road not let your guard down as familiarity breeds contempt and that is when accidents happen.

But here it is obvious to me I am talking to I know everything brigade, and that any attempt to educate falls on deaf ears, primarily as there in nothing in between those ears to assimilate the information in a meaningful way.
I just hope your families will not be injured as a result of your obvious incompetence.

While some may have a go because I am not being amusing, trust me dying as a result of incompetence is neither enjoyable nor amusing , I know likewise realising that through lack of skill a family member dies or permanently disfigured in some way is also not amusing .

So enjoy your driving which here I have found far more challenging than many other countries but not as bad as trying to drive round the Arc de Triumph in Paris

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 23, 2021, 7:26 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 23, 2021, 6:40 am
I give up trying to educate the stupid and idiotic whose sole aim is to try to belittle others as a pastime, because they have nothing else better to do. We should be grateful however while those corpulent fingers are typing at least they are not attempting to drive ( although that is a guess ) . Many people THINK they can drive and by good luck and a fair wind do manage to make it through their life, without anything serious happening to them due to their incompetence . However I must reiterate driving is skill barely taught to many . As one instructor said to me during Traffic police driving course, just because you know the road not let your guard down as familiarity breeds contempt and that is when accidents happen.

But here it is obvious to me I am talking to I know everything brigade, and that any attempt to educate falls on deaf ears, primarily as there in nothing in between those ears to assimilate the information in a meaningful way.
I just hope your families will not be injured as a result of your obvious incompetence.

While some may have a go because I am not being amusing, trust me dying as a result of incompetence is neither enjoyable nor amusing , I know likewise realising that through lack of skill a family member dies or permanently disfigured in some way is also not amusing .

So enjoy your driving which here I have found far more challenging than many other countries but not as bad as trying to drive round the Arc de Triumph in Paris
I can be a bit more succinct than this drivel swerving the subject yet again. Do you seriously think if you throw out enough nonsense the original point will be forgotten?

To recap, I said I dabbed my brakes while driving down Thahan Road & you said that made me a bad driver.
I then asked “ So you don’t advocate a dab on the brakes under any circumstances then?”
You have not answered, you do not know me, you do not know the circumstances, you are an idiot

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 23, 2021, 8:51 am

Niggly wrote:
June 23, 2021, 7:26 am
Khun Paul wrote:

I can be a bit more succinct than this drivel swerving the subject yet again. Do you seriously think if you throw out enough nonsense the original point will be forgotten?

To recap, I said I dabbed my brakes while driving down Thahan Road & you said that made me a bad driver.
I then asked “ So you don’t advocate a dab on the brakes under any circumstances then?”
You have not answered, you do not know me, you do not know the circumstances, you are an idiot

If you have to ask the question, I am not the one who is the idiot. But then as sanctimonious as you are , no answer will satisfy your ego .

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 23, 2021, 8:57 am

Khun Paul wrote:
June 23, 2021, 8:51 am
Niggly wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

If you have to ask the question, I am not the one who is the idiot. But then as sanctimonious as you are , no answer will satisfy your ego .
can’t you just answer the question “do you or do you not advocate a dab on the brakes under any circumstances?”
Surely this can’t be beyond your abilities can it?

(Hoho, readers, KP has started using “sanctimonious” but clearly has no idea what it means)

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 23, 2021, 9:18 am

Off into town again. I’ll try not to use my brakes to appease the 10 to 2 shufflers & anyone who doesn’t know how to use a cup holder so puts a glass of water on the dashboard.

Maybe KP can imagine up my circumstances that’ll be encountered again & post here? Forewarned is forearmed & all that

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 23, 2021, 11:09 am

Don’t think anyone expected anything different but the new speed display things on the gantry over the northbound Thahan Road are clearly not functioning correctly.

I just stopped at the light controlled crossing in front of the hospital maybe 500m before & all the traffic dispersed while I sat at red but the displays continued to cycle speeds of 50, 55, 58 etc even though no cars were passing

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 23, 2021, 2:25 pm

Just joined HWY22 near Ban Nikhom Nong Tan & drove all the way through town up to past Do Home & back again stopping at every garden centre on the way.
No traffic queues, hold ups or otherwise poor conditions.

Now is the time to go out, happy travels everyone

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 26, 2021, 11:20 am

Southern HWY2 outside sorting office. Biiiiiig queues forming both north & southbound. I’d avoid, it’s going to take a while to clear

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 26, 2021, 4:15 pm

Northbound looks clear now but southbound still struggling as 2 lanes have to filter over to the near side lane.
To make matters worse, about 2kms further on there’s some tree pruning going on so near side lane closed for a crane & two lanes now have to filter into the offside lane. Just as normality is being restored with the flow of traffic, the opposite manoeuvre to what has just been done is needed & is obviously a struggle for some.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 26, 2021, 4:49 pm

Niggly wrote:
I've got no bloody idea wot u and KP are on about but will make this comment:-

I don't really need to do it here but in Aus I do/did it regularly to try to stop the "tail gating" (effin idiots wanting to drive up my arse thinking I can get the traffic to move faster).
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 26, 2021, 5:14 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 26, 2021, 4:49 pm
Niggly wrote:

I don't really need to do it here but in Aus I do/did it regularly to try to stop the "tail gating" (effin idiots wanting to drive up my arse thinking I can get the traffic to move faster).
No where close……….
To recap again, I dabbed my brakes while passing over one of the numerous metal sheets covering a hole in Thahan road & noted it moved.
I needed to do it to scrub some speed & avoid “kissing” a Grab riders rear mudguard after he’d swerved across me. (Cue diatribes about Grab riders without knowing the circumstances).
The cantankerous lot (they know who they are) judged me without knowing anything about the circumstances which is the same as the parking ticket thread. Know it alls that in fact are know fug alls.
Dabbing brakes while driving apparently makes me a bad driver as I shouldn’t use my brakes. KP was even taught not to use his brakes by a glass of water or some such nonsense.

(This should provoke a reaction from one of them, I’m bored)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 26, 2021, 5:53 pm

Niggly wrote:
June 26, 2021, 5:14 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 26, 2021, 4:49 pm
Niggly wrote:

No where close……….
To recap again, I dabbed my brakes while passing over one of the numerous metal sheets covering a hole in Thahan road & noted it moved.
I needed to do it to scrub some speed & avoid “kissing” a Grab riders rear mudguard after he’d swerved across me. (Cue diatribes about Grab riders without knowing the circumstances).
The cantankerous lot (they know who they are) judged me without knowing anything about the circumstances which is the same as the parking ticket thread. Know it alls that in fact are know fug alls.
Dabbing brakes while driving apparently makes me a bad driver as I shouldn’t use my brakes. KP was even taught not to use his brakes by a glass of water or some such nonsense.

(This should provoke a reaction from one of them, I’m bored)
You see as pr usual taking what I said completely out of context, the idea of the glass of water was to show that I was
A, watching the road and adjusting my speed accordingly
B, Using gears to slow down depending on the road, traffic and obvious idiots do idiotic things
c, Maintaining a smooth ride for all passengers
As those considerations are NOW never taught, , motorbikes pulling front are obviously NOT in front at first so EXPERIENCE shou;d warn you of the dangers and you should them drive accordingly, in other words defensive. Needless to say one can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink, same with driving you can point out error but unless they realise they are wrong they will defend their actions come hell or high water believing themselves to be Good Drivers. because that is what they have always done . Sad people probably a danger to others only pure luck allows them to continue.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 26, 2021, 6:00 pm

So let me add just for KB:
Back in the 70's I installed Spot Lights under my rear bumpers = sun tan the eye balls of the dicks who drove up behind me with their lights on Hi-Beam. That I would do here in Thailand if not for remote mirror movement.
BTW: Back then we did not have reversing lights so killed 2 birds with one stone!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 26, 2021, 6:15 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 26, 2021, 5:53 pm

You see as pr usual taking what I said completely out of context, the idea of the glass of water was to show that I was
A, watching the road and adjusting my speed accordingly
B, Using gears to slow down depending on the road, traffic and obvious idiots do idiotic things
c, Maintaining a smooth ride for all passengers
As those considerations are NOW never taught, , motorbikes pulling front are obviously NOT in front at first so EXPERIENCE shou;d warn you of the dangers and you should them drive accordingly, in other words defensive. Needless to say one can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink, same with driving you can point out error but unless they realise they are wrong they will defend their actions come hell or high water believing themselves to be Good Drivers. because that is what they have always done . Sad people probably a danger to others only pure luck allows them to continue.

Right on cue, who’d have thunked it 😂

Nope, just read what you posted. It’s still there for all to see you know.

Nothing is out of context, you chimed straight in about me being a bad driver when I said I’d dabbed my brakes, nothing more, nothing less. You didn’t know the circumstances & here you are again trying to change the facts to your made up version of events.
You have no idea what was going on around to make the Grab rider swerve. Funnily enough, I do know because I was there & he was riding accordingly as you put it. I can’t actually fault his actions under the circumstances or do you want to make up more stuff so you can carry on looking down on us mere mortals & criticising me?

This is the same as on the traffic fine thread where you just bluster that anyone who gets a parking ticket is ignorant & stupid without knowing the circumstances. It’s all still written here, fancying trying to change this as well?
EDIT
Here’s the quote so you don’t need to pretend you can’t find it, you’re welcome 👍
Khun Paul wrote:
June 22, 2021, 9:08 am
As for parking that is sheer ignorance and stupidity, but it takes all sorts.
Now why don’t you toddle off & have a sip of water if it’s not been spilt on your dashboard

(Expected reaction achieved, jerkoff)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 26, 2021, 6:46 pm

Apart from emergencies , yes it is stupid to get a parking ticket , was yours an emergency, probably not

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 26, 2021, 7:09 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
June 26, 2021, 6:46 pm
Apart from emergencies , yes it is stupid to get a parking ticket , was yours an emergency, probably not
I just said I’d got a parking ticket & you have no idea of knowing the circumstances so why jump in with “As for parking that is sheer ignorance and stupidity” directed at me other than to criticise & look down?

You’re bringing the word emergency in again, it wasn’t mentioned at first, (see below……again),only after you’d had a little think about the hole you were digging. I asked if an emergency was an acceptable reason & you still have not answered. Yes or no are obviously too big a words for your vocabulary.

Another question, what is “probably not” supposed to mean?
Again you have no idea about my circumstances & are jumping to conclusions.
I’d have thought you should be used to only dealing in facts, aren’t all old bill supposed to know this, even the not so bright ones?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 26, 2021, 7:54 pm

i think today is Saturday ?? .. cant say i have ever seen my beloved ring road intersection so devoid of traffic at 7 ..8 ..pm ... its dead .. forget the road works or weather .. IMO people are staying home out of a real fear of COVID ..

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 26, 2021, 8:09 pm

or getting bladdered prior to watching the Taffs game tonight .........hic

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 26, 2021, 8:22 pm

Hoping the Taffs win ..if so the sheep ain for some fun.

back on topic ..road outside is like 2am in the morning .. really eiry
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”