udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2020, 12:42 pm

tamada wrote:
November 20, 2020, 9:32 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 20, 2020, 7:55 am
Just a heads up ..

OH JOY .. people around the intersection of love .. Ring Road / Airport at Nadee all received notice the whole intersection will be resurfaced /concreted with work due to commence before the end of the year... time frame to expect disruption is 5 months tho that was the target at the Nam Sam Rong /RR junction and it turned out to be longer.

Being the main very busy Airport turn they will work 24 hrs and in the dry season could it hopefully be achieved on time ???????

DM was hoping wasnt gonna be till next year as im moving offices i may try to bring it forward.

As info only i will inform as soon as the first orange jacket n hard hat is spotted .

DM
What?! After that 6 lane wide, 800 meter long, traffic-lighted and floodlit airport highway boondoggle, they're NOT going to build double, elevated swooping loops like they have at Swampy to get on and off the bloody ring road???!!!

I would write to my congressman if I were you.
Indeed Tammy .. DM has already tendered his resignation as local intersection reporter to the provincial governor in the form of a strongly worded hand delivered 3 page letter clearly out laying my alarm and grievances to the planned up n coming closures and lack of swirly raised fly overs , tunnels and helicopter landing pads .. in reply he said

Oi falang ive got a tricky bunker shot to play , i will review the situation after that and when ive had lunch n a few pints now buggar off...i left to sound of swearing , thrashing and sand flicking.

Back in the real world .. Duck Noodle shop man has already said hes closing for the duration of the work as it will be a bomb site n a noisey dust bowl.

Extra planning and time should be factored for anyone using this route .. including visits to the local tool shed may pole dancing shindigs

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 20, 2020, 1:24 pm

^ No worries dm, like Acoostick, the tool shed is still on the fair side of your new bomb site albeit a southern ring-road transit for me. However, I can still get to our regular table-pounding and Chang-gargling sessions at Connor's via downtown so as Fred Trueman would say, I'll see thee.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2020, 1:46 pm

tamada wrote:
November 20, 2020, 1:24 pm
^ No worries dm, like Acoostick, the tool shed is still on the fair side of your new bomb site albeit a southern ring-road transit for me. However, I can still get to our regular table-pounding and Chang-gargling sessions at Connor's via downtown so as Fred Trueman would say, I'll see thee.
Akkoosatik is my fav place in Thailand and a nice stroll for DM ..alas getting back home is more fraught with danger as usually 3 sheets and struggle to tackle the central rezzervation. I am currently looking to re locate my office closer and on that side of the RR.

On a serious note DUCK noodle man seems to be well in the know , hes spitting feathers :lol: :lol: :lol: .. i gave him the idea to stay open n feed the workforce on the mega job ..

The first sniff of a hard helmet i will inform UM members forthwith

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 20, 2020, 9:10 pm

Traffic very quiet heading back from the riviera to the metropolis. Long stretches of HWY2 with just little old Niggles pootling along
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 20, 2020, 10:51 pm

Alls quiet on the Eastern front .. no helmets or flashing lights .. YET..

DM now retiring for the evening , silk robe n cravat laid over the clothes horse on the open fire ... its time for my maid to turn down the sheets read me a story and ..... [-X

goodnight

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2020, 7:08 am

DM went for some Duck noodles yesterday and got to see the official Amphur booklet that had been sent out to the main residents of the area around the AP/RR intersection .. i dont do squiggly but translated by Mr Noodles wife plus about 8 pages just of pics of how lane closures and traffic flow will be managed also artist impressions of the finished job .. not sure it if informed residents the work will be on a 24 hour basis ..hope so.

Fully concrete not tarmac 3 full lanes as is now but with wider paved central reservation and paved pathways both outside the Nong Hin school and the Noddle shop and Tap car park... its a follow on very similar design as just completed outside the airport but in concrete.

From the pics looked like a temporary :( SINGLE :shock: lane will be created for traffic going from NBLP towards Udon that runs directly past noodle shop n Tap car park , looks like this side will be done first with the west bound to NBLP following when the Eastbound id open in any way passable.

5 month time frame .. prob 6 of which 3 of those months severe disruption .. start date on booklet Jan 2021 so after New year and in the best time of year to get all the ground work done with maybe 3 months of dry weather ahead.

Most definately an area to avoid if at all possible when it starts .. and will put more strain on the smaller road into town from the airport for sure and be a huge tailback at rush hour n school times.

I will inform the first sighting of a traffic cone , portaloo , canteen coconut mat.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2020, 7:39 am

Sounds like all those international jet-setters from NBLP (you know who you are) may get at least TWO right-turn lanes into the airport's new, wide-but-short superhighway.

The high-speed, TAP-side, straight-through lane headed north will be on a permanent bypass. With no need for lorries to try and run a red light, that'll make leaving the TAP a bit more perilous, eh?

No swoopy flyovers though?.. gutted I am, gutted.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2020, 7:48 am

tamada wrote:
November 24, 2020, 7:39 am
Sounds like all those international jet-setters from NBLP (you know who you are) may get at least TWO right-turn lanes into the airport's new, wide-but-short superhighway.

The high-speed, TAP-side, straight-through lane headed north will be on a permanent bypass. With no need for lorries to try and run a red light, that'll make leaving the TAP a bit more perilous, eh?

No swoopy flyovers though?.. gutted I am, gutted.
A swirly flyover wud ov been great Tam ..alas not .

Lots of housing estates and folks in NBLP work in Udon and commute obviously .. its a very busy junction 7 to 9am and 4 to 6 pm from what i see from the dug out .. cant say how busy the airport was or is nowadays but for sure its gonna get messy.

On the bright side ..really good landlord and hearing whispers of possible rent deferring or reducing on the cards for 3 months of the show. :D .

DM

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » November 24, 2020, 9:06 am

Nice new dual carriageway and road widening being built from opposite the new Global, Highway 2 to Wat Pa Ban Tat.
Seems a bit overkill to me as there's hardly any traffic on parts of that road.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 24, 2020, 9:13 am

^ It will provide a faster route to/from vince's place, especially now that his bar is 99% complete.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 24, 2020, 5:26 pm

Just navigated Ud to Bkk , passed thru a few sets of major road works but no real delay as traffic light .

Dao tells me some surveyors moochin about my intersection .. well man with telescope thing she said ...So just remember when the rr/ap shenanigans start allow an extra 10 mins to get to yer may pole dancing class Tam ..

Dm

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » November 25, 2020, 4:39 pm

I was a bit surprised how busy central city was this morning at about 10:30. It’s just a normal Wednesday isn’t it?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 28, 2020, 8:13 am

Heads up .. as i type Aliens with yellow helmets and telescopes seen loitering with intent at the intersection where dreams are made .... one is defacing the road surface with spray paint and another holding a long white stick with lines and numbers on .. WHICH PLANET COULD THEY BE FROM ????? .. Urannus ? Somtarn ?? .. or the planet Gridlock !!

Work scheduled to start Jan 2021 ..this must be the scouting party... or surveyors even.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 28, 2020, 9:20 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 28, 2020, 12:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
November 28, 2020, 9:20 am
New road !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0

DM
Amazing how they captured the Nong Wua So mindset so succinctly, eh?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 28, 2020, 1:03 pm

Could be planning an Intergalactic Superhighway :shock:

"Dont Panic"

Settle down with a "Pan galactic gargle blaster" or two

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 11, 2020, 10:08 am

A bit confused this morning as the traffic was / is very light at the AP/RR intersection then i twigged its another holiday to , another long weekend as yesterday was a hol for constitution day ..

bit of excitement , strange as it seems with major major road works due to start next month .. the authorities are just using a hiab and delivering a brand new police box on the center grass island which is due to be greatly reduced in size and re vamped according to the Amphur highways department plan booklet...this will be a great new vantage point from which i can sit and do my reports.

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 11, 2020, 10:27 am

^ You sure it's a bobbies box and not a tolbooth for access to Udon's brand new "airport expressway"?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 12, 2020, 8:28 am

Large group of surveyors at the intersection of love and kisses this morning .. very surprising as it is a long holiday weekend .. surely surely they arent planning to start the major roadworks before the New Year hols ..ARE THEY ? it would make sense to leave it until January to start 5 months plus of chaos.

DM

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”