Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
mackat
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by mackat » July 2, 2021, 10:41 am

Check out Home Pro, Do Home, Tesco where traffic is heavy. They are full of kids with mum and dad. They closed schools so they would stay home but they just cannot help themselves and bow to the great god of shopping.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 2, 2021, 1:02 pm

^ or free AC without actually buying anything
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2021, 1:21 pm

Hmmm... people shopping at Home Pro, Do Home, Tesco heaping scorn on other people seen shopping at Home Pro, Do Home, Tesco. I know, people need to get their shopping done sometime but I read that the uptake by the locals for Big C and Lotus's online, drive-up or home delivery services has been quite a success. The kids suddenly stuck back home may have certainly caused changes in shopping logistics for some (and the free aircon is always a bonus) but the "full of kids with mum and dad"? Really? Full of them? I also note the ones who "just cannot help themselves" from commenting on the locals doing the exact same things as they're doing. Isn't EVERYONE supposed to be staying home as much as they can?

Anyhoo, back on topic.

Anyone got out of their box and driven the east ring-road from Nittayo to the flyover recently? DM is doing an awesome job of yacking up the otherwise irrelevant rural west-side bypass while updates on the far more important main arterial Highway 2 bypass languishes. Even the wet spot at the Global lights has gone MIA.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 2, 2021, 2:33 pm

Haven't driven from the BigC overpass all the way up to the Nongsai x-roads, so maybe still some one lane stretches, but outside of rush hour i do not see any jams there. Certainly whenever i have joined that stretch from a side soi, all traffic at the Nongsai lights clears each time when green. Some of it is now 3 usable lanes, but entry/exit points are limited to the soi's. North of Nongsai now at least 2 lanes up to global house.
South bound still some delays, as one or 2 pinch points only one lane, but at least 2 lanes built (but not always open) South of Nongsai. At global house South bound laying road surface still ongoing so some potential issues (including less U-turns) but i avoid that section. Between global house and flyover not seen much work recently, not sure if the klong bridge near the railway line is finished yet.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 2, 2021, 2:41 pm

The area near Nongbua market, on the way to Makro from the city center....is a mess.....but it'd be 100 times worse if it weren't for covid.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 3, 2021, 5:15 pm

Busy, busy, busy today. I had the misfortune to drive past Big C 4 times & they were queuing right back to the bypass slip road. The rear entrance seemed okay to get in with no queues visible until it goes inside where I couldn’t see.
Panic buying?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 4, 2021, 6:56 am

Niggly wrote:
July 3, 2021, 5:15 pm
Busy, busy, busy today. I had the misfortune to drive past Big C 4 times & they were queuing right back to the bypass slip road. The rear entrance seemed okay to get in with no queues visible until it goes inside where I couldn’t see.
Panic buying?
Nope end of the month paydays !!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 4, 2021, 10:03 am

The first weekend at the start of the month is usually busy .. yesterday Tesco near the NK flyover was rammed and traffic busy.

Things progressing nicely at the 3 LIONS intersection looks like all the main road areas are now paved with buffer kerbs separating the main road from an inner road .... workers doing the inbound slip/frontage road now .. sadly access and entry into our car park is really hard work and would be impossible if we get any decent heavy rain but worth it for the finished job n dog walking facility .... theres also a team on the former grass island which has now disappeared along with my umpires chair .. rumours of some kind of "feature" to be erected there on

July 26 completion ??? .. i would now bet my favourite right lower hanging testicle this wont happen.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » July 4, 2021, 12:54 pm

TAMADA ring road update ....
Yes today the roads mid-morning were busy. From Nong Sai Junction southbound to BigC was ok, and North bound side also OK. Nong Sai to Global House - not good. Only one lane each way currently, North bound really bad - trucks trying to make an extra lane on the verge in places has left potholes which could ground a small car. The concrete laying is now at Global house Northbound and the road only opens up to more than one lane 50 metres before lights.
Sam Prao fountain/bog has now dried up (no rain) but the electricity cable pole at the corner is now propped up with 3 large beams - i guess the foundations are a bit unsteady.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 4, 2021, 8:00 pm

Off-topic posts removed.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 4, 2021, 8:23 pm

Udon Map wrote:
July 4, 2021, 8:00 pm
Off-topic posts removed.
You missed one over there 👇

Happy to help

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 6, 2021, 6:59 pm

Still busy, busy, busy today. Big C car park was the fullest I’ve ever seen it, ended up parking on the outer reaches which was a first.
Nittayo Road busy right up to the contra flow where there was a lot of mud on the road which could have been the cause of traffic build up. Heavy machinery had been moved so lanes might have been closed off.
Back down southbound to turn right onto the ring road & there seemed more than the usual amount of chancers trying to turn right from lane 2 which caused some clogging of the junction.

Is Tuesday the 6th still classed as the end of the month in these parts?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 7, 2021, 6:01 am

Popped out for shopping , traffic normal even Big C car park half empty, no problems parking, same as Makro, going through the town centre no obvious holdups apart from that pesky turning just before the Railway crossing, where Somchai turns slowly and waiting for ALL cars to stop.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 7, 2021, 8:14 am

As DM predicted (wasnt difficult) the new cambered inbound road at love junction is already attracting speed freaks both motorbikes n cars ... even before the project has finished the fact it doesnt have a stop for traffic lights and looks like Le Mans is enough for many to take the bend at high speed .. its only gonna get worse as the traffic lights are only for turning right and there will be a slip /frontage road as extra " race lanes " and nothing to force a reduction in speed .. hopefully the highways dept will suss this and install some speed bumps even if only on the slip road ..unless carnage will ensue.
All the green zones have now gone to allow the exit .entrance roads to the airport expressway to be wider , yesterday water pipes being moved in 2m where the new paved paths will be thus nicking 2m of the Tap garden...

Heads up all the road lighting is being revamped and isnt working so at night extra caution required...

FINALLY ... I will show my large rotund spotty arse in Woollies winda if this is done before the end of this month ..

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 7, 2021, 10:55 am

Any up to date reports about Nittayo Road.
I’ve just been instructed to visit Mr DIY in the market for tome garden tat for Mrs N. To enter from the rear is the question of the moment

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 7, 2021, 3:00 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:As DM predicted (wasnt difficult) the new cambered inbound road at love junction is already attracting speed freaks both motorbikes n cars ... even before the project has finished the fact it doesnt have a stop for traffic lights and looks like Le Mans is enough for many to take the bend at high speed .. its only gonna get worse as the traffic lights are only for turning right and there will be a slip /frontage road as extra " race lanes " and nothing to force a reduction in speed .. hopefully the highways dept will suss this and install some speed bumps even if only on the slip road ..unless carnage will ensue.
All the green zones have now gone to allow the exit .entrance roads to the airport expressway to be wider , yesterday water pipes being moved in 2m where the new paved paths will be thus nicking 2m of the Tap garden...

Heads up all the road lighting is being revamped and isnt working so at night extra caution required...

FINALLY ... I will show my large rotund spotty arse in Woollies winda if this is done before the end of this month ..

DM
Mate have they left the little tree for the copper to hide behind in front of the noodle shop.
I’m sure plenty of tea money to be made with speeding towards the car auctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 7, 2021, 3:11 pm

Barney wrote:
July 7, 2021, 3:00 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:As DM predicted (wasnt difficult) the new cambered inbound road at love junction is already attracting speed freaks both motorbikes n cars ... even before the project has finished the fact it doesnt have a stop for traffic lights and looks like Le Mans is enough for many to take the bend at high speed .. its only gonna get worse as the traffic lights are only for turning right and there will be a slip /frontage road as extra " race lanes " and nothing to force a reduction in speed .. hopefully the highways dept will suss this and install some speed bumps even if only on the slip road ..unless carnage will ensue.

DM
Mate have they left the little tree for the copper to hide behind in front of the noodle shop.
I’m sure plenty of tea money to be made with speeding towards the car auctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yes the tree is still there ... they will nab many ..make a fortune...and a new set of cameras going in as well.

Today impossible to get out .. lots of heavy machines rollers , makros , levellers and a strange concrete machine .. all preparing the base for the new slip road , pavement and dog walking /skateboard park ... ive dug out mi knee n elbow pads ready .

No chance of completion this month ..

DM

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 7, 2021, 4:42 pm

It would also seem DM that possibly exiting your car park in the not too distant future will be a bit of a gamble if your predictions of crazed speeders lives up to your description. What do you think.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 7, 2021, 4:54 pm

Yes a distinct possibility if they dont do something to reduce the speed on the inner frontage / slip road as its all set up for a carnage fest , it was bad enough before the make over idea so with increased speeds it aint gonna improve.

Fortunately im not planning on being at this location for much longer .. the office will move to new premises at some point in the near future.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 7, 2021, 5:23 pm

^ I hope you’ll still visit for the up to date traffic reports

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”