Udon Traffic

General Udon Thani topics only!
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Traffic

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 6, 2021, 3:57 pm

Been around and thru the rough parts of town today and traffic was ok ... a bit choked up on the Central to Makro stretch but along with numerous other main arteries thats always the case even working around school times etc.. very quiet on the Eastern ring road side and despite the major road works twas a breeze even had time to snaffle a cappu from Le Blanc en route.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2021, 7:53 am

First RTA of the day at Heavens intersection .. not too serious as it was a Grab rider :-# who got clipped doing a silly time saving manoeuvre .. not a good start to the day for the buy in the truck that winged him.

Sooner they get on with the intersection renewing roadworks the better ..very dangerous now , steep camber badly rippled tarmac and super slippy ..a recipe for more RTCs

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2021, 9:17 am

Thus the myth of the Heaven's Intersection makeover endures. Take a picture of the plans next time you see them.

Meanwhile, the east ring-road, 3-lane widening visibly progresses with the graders now clearing the median between the Nongbua/Nong Sai traffic lights north towards the Shell station u-turn. The section between the Nitthayo flyover, past the Romyen entrance to the aforementioned traffic lights has been mostly levelled ahead of the new road bed being laid. Looks like some some drainage work remains to be done at the lower, flyover end though.

I have seen a couple of fender benders these past couple of days, both on the northbound lane before the PTT station and the Nongbua/Nong Sai traffic lights. Both were late afternoon events, both in the 'fast' lane and both involving a pickup face planting in the ass of another pickup.

Today's lottery pick is 222222...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2021, 9:32 am

tamada wrote:
January 7, 2021, 9:17 am
Thus the myth of the Heaven's Intersection makeover endures. Take a picture of the plans next time you see them.

Meanwhile, the east ring-road, 3-lane widening visibly progresses with the graders now clearing the median between the Nongbua/Nong Sai traffic lights north towards the Shell station u-turn. The section between the Nitthayo flyover, past the Romyen entrance to the aforementioned traffic lights has been mostly levelled ahead of the new road bed being laid. Looks like some some drainage work remains to be done at the lower, flyover end though.

I have seen a couple of fender benders these past couple of days, both on the northbound lane before the PTT station and the Nongbua/Nong Sai traffic lights. Both were late afternoon events, both in the 'fast' lane and both involving a pickup face planting in the ass of another pickup.

Today's lottery pick is 222222...
The fella in the duck noodle shop has the amphur documentation in booklet form showing the complete start to finish makeover plans ref lane closures etc and even artist impressions of Udons premier yet shoddy intersection. I can take photos but not a clue how to put em on UM .. and way to busy knitting my new blanket in time for the up n coming cold snap.

Teaser Tams Trembling Toasting Testicles lying in wait for the Towel Teen Totty ironing to commence ??

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2021, 10:43 am

^ take the pics, send them to me and I will post them for you.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2021, 10:45 am

tamada wrote:
January 7, 2021, 10:43 am
genius =D>

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2021, 10:52 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 7, 2021, 10:45 am
tamada wrote:
January 7, 2021, 10:43 am
genius =D>
Whadya expect from the perfect pie maker, eh?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2021, 11:06 am

No flies on DM .. broke off from my blanket knitting and mr noddles gave me the booklet to photograph ... its all in squiggly but lots of pics .. just sent you via line Tam

THE MYTH is .. real ...SOON

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2021, 11:43 am

1 - 8 of 16
aaa (Small).jpg
bbb (Small).jpg
ccc (Small).jpg
ddd (Small).jpg
eee (Small).jpg
fff (Small).jpg
ggg (Small).jpg
hhh (Small).jpg

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2021, 11:46 am

9 - 16 of 16
iii (Small).jpg
jjj (Small).jpg
kkk (Small).jpg
lll (Small).jpg
mmm (Small).jpg
nnn (Small).jpg
ooo (Small).jpg
ppp (Small).jpg
Thanks DM!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2021, 11:59 am

10 MIL BAHT Budget :shock: :shock: and one of the latter pics shows a single lane what is now the Hard shoulder being the only lane into town for the early part of the make over ..

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 7, 2021, 12:49 pm

Zooming in, it looks like the east to north through-lane may be two-lanes wide? Makes escape from the TAP a more dodgy experience, especially with that power pole slap bang in the middle of the arc and closer to the non-stop traffic. I would have thought that the through-lane would have been extended further back. Looks like it's not too far back from the Beer Garden thingmabob... or where the Beer Garden thingmabob was, just before the curve starts.

The filter lane from the east to turn right into the airport looks like it's been extended slightly but turning right from the second lane looks like it will also be permitted (but some vvankers already do this anyway).

The current long filter lane exiting the airport to the east will be replaced with a shorter left-turn at the traffic lights into a longer filter lane. That'll work fine on a green light but unless there's some leveling done (DM's new observation box is on top of a wee hill), that could be a bit iffy, especially for those that have issues turning the steering wheel and staying in their lanes at intersections (you know who you are!).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 7, 2021, 12:53 pm

tamada wrote:
January 7, 2021, 12:49 pm
Zooming in, it looks like the east to north through-lane may be two-lanes wide? Makes escape from the TAP a more dodgy experience, especially with that power pole slap bang in the middle of the arc and closer to the non-stop traffic. I would have thought that the through-lane would have been extended further back. Looks like it's not too far back from the Beer Garden thingmabob... or where the Beer Garden thingmabob was, just before the curve starts.

The filter lane from the east to turn right into the airport looks like it's been extended slightly but turning right from the second lane looks like it will also be permitted (but some vvankers already do this anyway).

The current long filter lane exiting the airport to the east will be replaced with a shorter left-turn at the traffic lights into a longer filter lane. That'll work fine on a green light but unless there's some leveling done (DM's new observation box is on top of a wee hill), that could be a bit iffy, especially for those that have issues turning the steering wheel and staying in their lanes at intersections (you know who you are!).
so basically.. its a clusterfook waiting to explode ..

Ive been assured by the governor my new observation tower is safe and will remain uneffected during the ensuing chaos.

DM

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 8, 2021, 10:37 am

Seem to have got the hang of the temperature checks at the fruit market. Two chaps at the entrance this morning quickly wielding thermometers. Very busy but no queues spilling onto the road
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2021, 1:18 pm

Niggly wrote:
January 8, 2021, 10:37 am
Seem to have got the hang of the temperature checks at the fruit market. Two chaps at the entrance this morning quickly wielding thermometers. Very busy but no queues spilling onto the road
Have to wonder what the point is really. If the thermo's are as accurate as the police breathalysers the readings will be anything from 80 - 130 deg :-"

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 8, 2021, 1:25 pm

Funny you should mention that, I’ve been in Global twice in the last two days & they have one of those auto thermometer things where you stick your hand in front of it & a little robot voice reads it. Both times I’ve been read as low 34 degrees which would suggest the onset of hypothermia 🥶

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2021, 1:44 pm

Watch out Niggles ......... your 60% water (supposedly) so will freeze if you drop another 2 degrees :lol:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 8, 2021, 1:59 pm

Easy way to beat those temp checks - especially if just using your hand - liberally spray with sanitiser and rub hands - will lower temperature by about 2 degrees!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 8, 2021, 2:17 pm

rick wrote:
January 8, 2021, 1:59 pm
Easy way to beat those temp checks - especially if just using your hand - liberally spray with sanitiser and rub hands - will lower temperature by about 2 degrees!
Aah, is that so, the hand sanitiser is right before the thermometer thing & I’d just applied a large squirt on both occasions.
Interesting, cheers 👍

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 8, 2021, 2:34 pm

No ..... No ....... No ........ No comments about Niggles applying a large squirt on his hands (and in public)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”