Geckos

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mex
udonmap.com

Geckos

Post by Mex » November 29, 2019, 11:15 am

I would appreciate it if anyone can help/advice regarding removal/killing of geckos inside the house. I know they control insects etc but I have an intense dislike for gecko cr@p on the bedding.

If it looks good..and smells good..go for it..

glalt
udonmap.com

Re: Geckos

Post by glalt » November 29, 2019, 11:35 am

Mex wrote:
November 29, 2019, 11:15 am
I would appreciate it if anyone can help/advice regarding removal/killing of geckos inside the house. I know they control insects etc but I have an intense dislike for gecko cr@p on the bedding.
You sound like my wife. I yell at her when she is trying to kill one of those little guys. I have to ask her how many mosquitos it takes to make one of those little turds.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 29, 2019, 1:28 pm

Mex wrote:
Get a cat .

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 29, 2019, 1:46 pm

https://pestkilled.com/how-to-get-rid-of-geckos/

Just enter on yahoo "Getting rid of Geckos in the house " and PRESTO loads of answers

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » November 29, 2019, 1:59 pm

why they eat ants and mozzies

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 29, 2019, 2:40 pm

We have one of those 600 Baht 50cm high mosquito lamps from Amorn......lasts forever. Once every several months I clean out the coils, but surprisingly few insects of any kind. We have no children. We religiously use screens doors on our two entry doors. If you have gaps in your windows (especially wood ones), geckos will find a way inside. If you have the older brown aluminum windows, there are gaps between the rubber seal at the top and the bottom of the sliding windows. Geckos will find a way inside. Those gaps are easy to seal either temporarily or permanently. We rarely open windows anymore.......we'll keep our two doors open (screens shut) when it's cool and close them when the temp starts to go up.....then ac. If I walk out on the covered porch with the door open and feel cool air coming out of the house, it's time to close the door and seal in whatever cool air remains.
If you have a gecko inside the house, they're pretty easy to chase down with a brown. You can swat them to the ground, then grab them behind the head. Chuck them outside or feed them to your cat.

Declare war on geckos....see one, hunt it down. Once you rid the house of them, it's pretty easy to keep out the strays. No fried ac mother boards, no gecko poop everywhere you look.....600 baht for a mosquito lamp and zero mosquitoes inside the house. It can be done

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » November 29, 2019, 3:09 pm

image.jpeg
Mex wrote:
Try this.
I bought mine at Tesco.
Voiceover for hire.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » November 30, 2019, 8:06 pm

Thanks for the input. Our house is mosquito proofed. In 3 years only 1 mossie has entered Fort Knocks. We have aluminium window with screens but the mofos get in. I don't know what they eatOur cat died and the wife won't get another. The geckos in this neck of the woods use the No Gecko spray as after shave.

I hunt the buggers every day. but they seem to get quicker all the time..or maybe I am getting slower

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » December 1, 2019, 7:52 am

I've tried many different approaches to this problem ,the easiest one i found ,just spray them with bug/ cockroach spray ,don't bother chasing them around as they die in a few hours , just remember to search out the bodies or they'll stink the house out

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 1, 2019, 8:27 am

best way is still avoiding them from coming in , we do not have them , unless 1 slips in when opening the door to come in , and if my wife sees ,he will be caught and thrown out , we have the normal aluminum windows , and when you take out the rubber to keep the bugs out , you will see the gap between the screen and window , so i bought 1cm thick foam tape (lazada/shopee) and taped this gap closed , not even a small bug can come in anymore making our windows bug proof , you do not have to put these idiot rubbers back ...., our 2 doors are mounted 1mm of the floor so nothing gets true too...as info .. ;)
IMG_20191201_083211[1] (Copy).jpg
fe : https://shopee.co.th/product/104459744/1758442174

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » December 1, 2019, 5:59 pm

Thanks again..Hoopoe..your idea is the best. I will give that a crack.
Kopei..it is very difficult to see what you have done from the picture. My screen doors are 1mm above the floor and the buggers get in there.

I guess I will just nuke them as per Hoopoe.

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » December 1, 2019, 6:10 pm

One minute after posting this mofo starts his chattering behind my chair. I chased the SOB up to the ceiling and got him back down with the thick end of a fishing rod and dispatched it to hell via 3 slaps with a fly swatter.

I will find out later if it is the one that kept me awake last night.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » December 2, 2019, 7:36 am

maybe this will clear up a little bit? ...
when you remove the existing rubber ,you can see the gap it must close , remove the mosquito screen and put the foam tape in between window frame and mosquito frame closing this gap completely ...
IMG_20191201_184432[1] (Copy).jpg
put back the mosquito screen and when screen closed the 2 frames will line up and the foam tape will close the gap and keep everything out ....1 time work without chasing or spraying poison on anything ....good luck ... ;)

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » December 2, 2019, 1:21 pm

Thanks for this thread, I too am sick of gecko poop and pee all over the house. I like to sit down at the table with a cup of coffee and read in the mornings and am tired of having to clear all the gecko crap off first. I tried bumping them off by chasing them around and swatting them, but they are too quick for me, I also tried some green gell paste stuff they sell at the local markets that's supposed to kill them, it did nothing and looks nearly as bad as the gecko poop on the walls.
I have had more luck bumping the little buggers off by accident than anything else, I am always digging their little petrified bodies out from the door jambs after they get squished by a closing door. One thing is for sure, for their size they put off a stink that seems to be the equivalent of a cat once their dead, can stink up a whole room!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 2, 2019, 1:24 pm

For some adventure a Sling Shot

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » December 2, 2019, 2:46 pm

Last year I tried the chilli powder/paprika mix in the windows and they seemed to actually like the mix.

I have rechecked all our windows and when the window is open and the screen is in place the gap is less than half a millimetre. They can get under the window frame between the slider rail and the window frame rebate but their is no way they should be able to get inside...but they do.

I have decided to kill the SOB outside the house as well. To this end I have trained Cookie, the Yorkie x Maltese x 15 other breeds as my killer. I get them off the walls with a brown? broom? brown broom and she snaffles them on the patio floor. We are currently 2-0 up today.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » December 2, 2019, 2:51 pm

Best to insure you wont need a Work Permit ahahahahaha

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”