Jobs for young Thai people

General Udon Thani topics only!
saint
udonmap.com

Re: Jobs for young Thai people

Post by saint » November 23, 2019, 7:45 am

maaka wrote:
November 22, 2019, 9:09 pm
Hell I slopped around as a high school kid, hair down to my shoulders, smoked ciggys and even dope at lunchtime, others sniffed glue. We did everything humanly possible not too accept school authority, but hey I went on to become a top Environmental law advocate, criminal investigator, author, and much more, so I never judge a boy because hes sitting around smoking fags, looking lazy..dont worry I have met afew lazy bastards in my time..

as for letting thai's do it their way..well I have a new problem, re my 14yrs old thai boy, his teacher and the thai way..

I noticed my boy has changed since my last visit 3 months ago..once he was full of beans, ideas, laughter, and talking, now he doesnt talk much at all, and mopes about the house looking like a sad sack..

I told the missus to ask the boy that papa want to know if anything ok with him and why he no talk much anymore..he just say is normal and hit the bedroom..I told the missus there was trouble at school of something..

sure enough he lets her into a little secret..his english teacher tell him to stop talking because he like a girl, and thai men do not talk...his grandfather tell him the same, to stop talking so much because you be a man soon, and men are supposed to be quiet...WTF...so my son does as his peers tell him..it has killed his enthusiasm, his vitality, his happiness, his passion,, everything...

now when I get home tomorrow from the city, I have to wade thru this ****..I might teach the english teacher a thing or two, and have ago at grandad..
There may be more to this story !!! The boy shows classic signs of being a victim of bullying .
Whatever the reason for his rapid personality change , i hope you get it sorted .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 23, 2019, 8:59 am

Although bullying can't be dismissed, the boy is 14. Hormones change and girls become disconcertingly more apparent on their radar. Moodiness, slumped shoulders, door slamming... those with teenagers have probably seen it all before. A female teacher alluding to him having feminine traits can be a momentarily crushing humiliation. And it's not the mythical nascent fragile male Thai ego here either. My Canadian cousins recently shared some pictures of their kids Halloween costumes. The somewhat precocious 17 year-old daughter suggested she was just going to wear her younger brother's normal daytime apparel and go out as an ass hole.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 23, 2019, 10:51 am

yes apparently the other kids have been rarking him up because of his talking, and the girls dont want to know him even though hes a handsome dude..part of it perhaps is that he has lost his hearing in one ear, so speaks loud, even though he doesnt know it..it grates with me at times, perhaps in the crossed language , that is what others are on about..better be or esle how is a boy to develope and get a job when other are putting him down..will speak tomorrow when hes home

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » November 23, 2019, 11:36 am

maaka wrote:
November 23, 2019, 10:51 am
yes apparently the other kids have been rarking him up because of his talking, and the girls dont want to know him even though hes a handsome dude..part of it perhaps is that he has lost his hearing in one ear, so speaks loud, even though he doesnt know it..it grates with me at times, perhaps in the crossed language , that is what others are on about..better be or esle how is a boy to develope and get a job when other are putting him down..will speak tomorrow when hes home
He sounds an ideal candidate for an unobtrusive ear-piece.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 24, 2019, 5:36 am

rodger that, by do you think I can get them to an ear doctor / clinic..naaaa.
they would rather look beautiful than have a ear thing..
Not allow to talk to him about his change of behaviour..loose face, and his secret with mama..
might all hinge on being inmature in other people eyes, so he thinks now he is growing up my not talking..
TIT

Rayq81
udonmap.com

Post by Rayq81 » November 24, 2019, 7:50 pm

My brother in law left school with no education, conscripted into the Army after his time he got kept on by an officers family to do odd jobs and learned to be a chef, went to work in hotels and got some experience, came back to the village and got a job in Udon Thani in a food factory after a year got promoted to Supervisor and is pushing now to get on in life, real work ethic and just gets on with it, it can be a tough life but some people just get their heads down and get on with it.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com

Post by NongKhaiLee » November 26, 2019, 9:33 am

Not just a Thai problem, kids back home are finding it hard to find jobs out of high school or university. Many college grads are going to work in fields they could have gone into out of high school. Some of the most successful training programs in our area of the U.S. are vocational/technical schools that double as apprenticeship programs. Many kids start attending these schools part time before ever leaving high school and the placement rate is high. They often start their first job making as much as college grads but with no student loans to pay back.

After raising four kids back home, I came to dislike the education system in that they pounded it into kids (and parents) heads that they need to start thinking about college before they even enter high school.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » November 26, 2019, 10:26 am

This is always been the case, no jobs (atleast that is what they say)
In 1970 a friend wanted to become an electrician. He would show up at the hiring everyday. He was just out of High School so no experience. One thing was his twin brother was already working here (it was a new nuclear power station) He was in the right palce at he right time I guess.

Finally the Recruiter said "When will you stop showing up here and bothering me?
The Answer "When you give me a job" he replied
Guess he got hired that day

Then again in 1999 a 16 year old sat and was asked what he would do for the summer, "Nothing " was the reply. When asked why he said "Because the paper says there are no jobs"
He was told that jobs do not come to him and he has to go find one. Result was a week later he was employed at one of the local golf clubs.

One more
A teenager wanted a job in the winter (snowing) and it was suggested to him that he take shovel in hand and if he saw a driveway or walkway to clear it and move on. Once people saw him doing this they would ask what he was doing and he would explain.
Next he had too much work

So when I hear people saying there is no work. It is telling me, well you dont want to get me started

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 29, 2019, 3:46 pm

On my visit to the Udon Museum yesterday, I read about how the local economy was devastated after the closure of Udon Air Base AND Ramasun in 1976. Thousands of Thais who worked on the bases found themselves suddenly unemployed as did more thousands of workers in town who operated tailor shops, bars, massage shops, etc etc etc for the GIs. According to the museum, one saving grace was that quite a few GIs retired and went to Saudi to work. Once they got there, they found a demand for laborers......and they knew of Thais who worked in logistics, finance, gardeners, cooks, etc. Before long, there was a long line of locals who went to Saudi and earned a good living. Many sent money back to Udon. Again, according to the museum, that bump helped Udon weather the storm of the base closings.
And, with that......in one of today's Udon News websites: (google translated)
The technical graduates are happy !!

Mr. Suchat Phonchaiwisetkun Director-General of the Department of Employment The Ministry of Labor revealed that the Department of Employment is accepting applications for selection of technical intern trainees in Japan. Through the IM Japan organization Year 2020, 1st time, 3 year internship, IM Japan will pay round-trip plane fare (Bangkok-Tokyo-Bangkok) and will be responsible for accommodation, electricity and water fees, excluding food, telephone charges, personal expenses in the first month, and will receive a monthly allowance of 80,000 yen, or about 22,200 baht a month from the first
While the 2nd month to the 36th month will receive wages not less than the minimum wage set by Japanese law. And the technical apprentice is responsible for accommodation, food, utilities And social security fees Including tax as specified by Japanese law After completing 3 years of technical internship in Japan, they will receive an internship certification. And will receive an employment support amount of 600,000 yen, or approximately 167,000 baht, as expenses for careers when returning to Thailand
Qualifications of applicants must be 20 years of age but not over 30 years old. Graduated from High school diploma or equivalent, vocational certificate (vocational certificate) or higher vocational certificate (vocational certificate), no branches. Men whose height is not less than 160 centimeters and women whose height is less than 150 centimeters, weight is proportional to their height. Completely healthy, without tattoos or physical abnormalities No behavior damage
Never been a technical intern in Japan using a "Technical Intern" visa. Never worked in Japan by informing them to work in person. Never worked or entered town or Residing illegally in both Japan and other countries Have never been selected and disqualified from the training before traveling to practice in Japan. Normal and non-color vision can be responsible for the expenses that may occur during the training in Thailand and during Technical internship in Japan
Evidence used in the application is the examination application form. A straight face photo without a hat. And do not wear 3 size 1 inch black glasses, ID card, house registration, educational evidence And evidence of relief from military service burdens (males), medical certificates showing health Normal eyes and colorless eyes. Interested parties can contact to submit the application by oneself with evidence at Division of Thai Overseas Labor Management Bangkok Social Security Office Building, Area 3, Floor 10, within the Ministry of Labor And the Bangkok Employment Office area 1-10 or at the Employment Office in every province On official days and times From this date 2 - 13 December without any fees or application fees
Please be reminded that do not believe in pretending to be able to deliver to work. By tricked into paying for the service because it may be tricked into losing free money For more information At the Department of Thai Workers Administration abroad. Tel. 02 245 1021 or hotline 1506

# Press Mono 29 # MONO29NEWS # MONO29.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 29, 2019, 10:58 pm

Rayq81 wrote:
November 24, 2019, 7:50 pm
My brother in law left school with no education, conscripted into the Army after his time he got kept on by an officers family to do odd jobs and learned to be a chef, went to work in hotels and got some experience, came back to the village and got a job in Udon Thani in a food factory after a year got promoted to Supervisor and is pushing now to get on in life, real work ethic and just gets on with it, it can be a tough life but some people just get their heads down and get on with it.
Striking parallels with two primary school chums of mine back in Scotland. Along with his younger brother, they were fostered out on a farming family where they both skirted with juvenile delinquency (my dad was the village policeman) and after failing his O-levels, muddled along in secondary education before signing up with the army. Became a cook, trained as a chef and after about 9 years came out and quickly became a chef with a major hotel group. Ended up with a 5-star hotel gig in London and moonlighted as a tour chef with some major rock acts. Ended up retired in Australia running his own gastro pub/boutique hotel. His younger brother, arguably the wilder but definitely the brighter one, passed his O-levels but struggled with academy discipline (and being lead singer in our high school band!) but quit when he was around 16 and enlisting like his older brother. He stayed in the services, graduated officer training, served in Ulster and the last I heard, retired from a very high rank and bought a farm with a sideline breeding racehorses.

Two challenged lives lived to the full IMHO.

tigerryan
udonmap.com

Post by tigerryan » November 30, 2019, 12:58 am

If the kids not a total puss tell him to join the Army or find the door. If you can get him in the US Army better yet. Unbelievable pension benefits and a opportunity to become a real man. I have zero regrets and many fond memories of my service and you can retire at 37

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”