Villa market

General Udon Thani topics only!
Chuchi
udonmap.com

Re: Villa market

Post by Chuchi » May 8, 2020, 8:35 am

tamada wrote:
May 8, 2020, 8:25 am
You missed out on the Cathedral City cheese. There were maybe a dozen packs about 6 days ago. No longer 199 baht either.

But you're right, the last major restock was over a month ago and the freezers and shelves were pretty barren just before that happened.

I assume a whole bunch of imported stuff isn't getting on planes anymore. I read a month ago that air cargo services had hiked their charges by huge amounts as they address the global PPE knee jerk.

I do hope they replenish the stock tam maybe some kind soul on here can keep me posted. I noticed the have started stocking plant based meat substitute items of which I decided to try the quarter pounders ,it was absolutely dreadful.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 8, 2020, 8:40 am

Willco Chuchi. I will drop a note here if/when I see a significant restocking. I only did my non-essential shopping and scouting missions to annoy DM anyway but now I have a real purpose.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2020, 9:48 pm

Half a dozen blocks of Cathedral City mature cheese on the otherwise bare cheese shelves today.

Otherwise no big changes with mostly empty freezer bins.

Oh yes, I did see Vegemite and Marmite on the short racks.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 19, 2020, 9:52 pm

tamada wrote:
May 19, 2020, 9:48 pm
Half a dozen blocks of Cathedral City mature cheese on the otherwise bare cheese shelves today.

Otherwise no big changes with mostly empty freezer bins.

Oh yes, I did see Vegemite and Marmite on the short racks.
Cheers Tam
I'll pop in this week

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2020, 10:42 pm

Forgot to mention they have Kellogs Special K at around 176 baht a box versus the regular 197 baht.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 20, 2020, 6:50 am

Yes last time I was there 2/3 days ago, it was obvious to me that a delivery was ion the wings, I expect they are waiting for a container or something to be cleared by the incompetent Customs at port of entry.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 6:58 am

^ A week after Thailand's lockdown, stocks looked dire after an obvious spate of panic buying but they had a big restock maybe a month ago. Since then there's been no sign of any new imported stuff and it looks worse than before. I wonder if it's the same at other Villa branches or if it's just the Udon Thani containers stuck in Customs (or restocking the stores down south that have higher customer bases, rents or lease costs).

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 20, 2020, 7:06 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 20, 2020, 6:50 am
Yes last time I was there 2/3 days ago, it was obvious to me that a delivery was ion the wings, I expect they are waiting for a container or something to be cleared by the incompetent Customs at port of entry.
IMO Thai Customs n excise Dept are far from incompetent ..

The only gripe is the department gets bogged down at certain times of the year due to back logs of documentation created by the numerous holidays , non working days some of which are lengthy like New years etc.

It is what it is just gotta remain harmonious n smile as the last thing to do is piss these guys off.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 20, 2020, 7:10 am

When I imported all my stuff from the UK I found Thai customers to be pretty good, no delays, no stupid questions, no tips expected and certainly no incompetence, perhaps I caught them at a good time.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 20, 2020, 8:08 am

vincemunday wrote:
May 20, 2020, 7:10 am
When I imported all my stuff from the UK I found Thai customers to be pretty good, no delays, no stupid questions, no tips expected and certainly no incompetence, perhaps I caught them at a good time.
Well a sea container full of old furniture, gardening tools and some worthless UKIP membership memorabilia including dozens of pictures if you and your mate Nige is hardly contraband now is it?

I take it you wore your Freemason's skirt and necklace underneath your jump suit on the airplane?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » May 20, 2020, 11:25 am

Now, now Tammy, that's a daft post even by your standards, actually some of the stuff was a little unusual, art and things, golf clubs, cutlery, crockery etc and I was expecting a little bit of trouble, in fact I was told to expect some problems but I had none at all. Insofar as Masonry is concerned I was/am way too far down the food chain to have jewels etc, compared to most in Udon i was just a beginner.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 7, 2020, 12:05 pm

Villa has changed their hours again. 9 am opening.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2020, 12:36 pm

mak wrote:
June 7, 2020, 12:05 pm
Yes, but have they done any significant restocking yet? I'm just having my last Iceland Toad in the Hole for lunch.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 7, 2020, 12:39 pm

tamada wrote:
June 7, 2020, 12:36 pm
mak wrote:
June 7, 2020, 12:05 pm
Yes, but have they done any significant restocking yet? I'm just having my last Iceland Toad in the Hole for lunch.
It's probably quicker to make toad in the hole than buy it i would have thought, I've not had it for ages and I have some sausages from Tbar, i think I shall introduce the family to another traditional
British dish.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2020, 1:15 pm

^ I bought it while I was buying other stuff so apart from taking it out of my freezer, opening the pack and giving it 45 minutes in the preheated oven, that easily beats constructing one IMHO. Home made will taste far better of course but when it's made by Iceland, one knows what one is buying; fast comfort food.

Anyway, its been far too hot to faff about with making pastry-related stuff, just ask papafarang.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » June 7, 2020, 1:23 pm

No, there stock is pretty dismal.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » June 7, 2020, 2:14 pm

yes THEIR freezers need restocking, everything else is there.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 7, 2020, 2:26 pm

minimiglia wrote:
June 7, 2020, 2:14 pm
Redundant TEFL'er alert!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 7, 2020, 3:54 pm

I was in the other day looking for liquid smoke,. Also out of stock went online and bought 3 bottles for the price of one in ville direct from the manufacturer arrived 2 days later excellent for using with a gas BBQ

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » June 7, 2020, 3:55 pm

tamada wrote:
June 7, 2020, 2:26 pm
minimiglia wrote:
June 7, 2020, 2:14 pm
Redundant TEFL'er alert!!!
No just can spell not like many on here

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”