ANYONE USED SUPERRICH TO EXCHANGE £ NOTES TO BAHT

General Udon Thani topics only!
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: ANYONE USED SUPERRICH TO EXCHANGE £ NOTES TO BAHT

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 24, 2019, 11:33 pm

samster wrote:
September 24, 2019, 6:00 pm
"Best" - superlative. "Amongst the best" - comparative.
At the time I checked there were about 5 or 6 that were quit a bit to a bit better and several that were considerably worse, but as comparisons are rather subjective rather than objective I bow to you greater knowledge.

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 25, 2019, 10:55 pm

Most UK (and i presume European) debit/credit cards use the default visa/Mastercard rate. Mastercard usually offers slightly better exchange rates. These rates are very similar to Transferwise, BUT the devil is in the fees. Thai ATMs charge foreign cards a fee - 150 - 220 baht per transaction (so always max out what you can take) AND the card issuer MAY charge fees - usually a flat fee and a percentage. Some cards, like the Zero and Clarity cards, do not charge fees. You may manage to find a bank branch which will do a counter withdrawal and save the Thai ATM fee (plus no limit), but took me about 5 attempts to find one.

Yes, the Superrich brand name has been hijacked by some exchange booths, which offer rates only 20 satang or so better than banks. At Suvarnabhumi i use the Superrich when coming back from the UK. Their rate is usually a whole baht to the pound better than Thai banks.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » September 27, 2019, 11:04 am

rick wrote:
September 25, 2019, 10:55 pm
At Suvarnabhumi i use the Superrich when coming back from the UK. Their rate is usually a whole baht to the pound better than Thai banks.
If you wish to avoid the queues or scrums at that Superrich booth the two booths directly behind now match Superrich's rates. The one on the right also accepts notes with writing on.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”