Do you need a DIY wood working shop?

General Udon Thani topics only!
davery
udonmap.com

Do you need a DIY wood working shop?

Post by davery » August 19, 2019, 6:08 pm

I always wanted a good wood working shop with all the great gear. I found one.. Don't need to buy all the expensive gear. Plus they have the experts to help you with your project. (and clean up afterwards). I was buying some pallet wood at Home Mart (beside Home Pro) for 30 baht a kilo, and I was talking to the boss Mr. Chanthong. He said I could come and use his machinery and they'd help me out with whatever.. YES!

I suggested paying him by the hour.. anyway, I'm sure you could make your own arrangement.They are pretty quiet, so I'm sure costs would be favourable. Mr. Chanthong is there every day, and the big woodworking area is on the left side of Home Mart.

Go have a look.. Very interesting!
Attachments
IMG_4480.JPG
IMG_4479.JPG
IMG_4477.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4471.JPG
IMG_4470.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4467.JPG
IMG_4466.JPG
IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4462.JPG

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Do you need a DIY wood working shop?

Post by RLTrader » August 19, 2019, 6:16 pm

Now that is some good info for some new people. Have not been to Home Mart in many years, last time they seem to have gone bare bones.

Could have found a lot of use for that table saw, years back.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 22, 2019, 2:07 pm

davery wrote:
August 19, 2019, 6:08 pm
I always wanted a good wood working shop with all the great gear. I found one.. Don't need to buy all the expensive gear. Plus they have the experts to help you with your project. (and clean up afterwards). I was buying some pallet wood at Home Mart (beside Home Pro) for 30 baht a kilo, and I was talking to the boss Mr. Chanthong. He said I could come and use his machinery and they'd help me out with whatever.. YES!

I suggested paying him by the hour.. anyway, I'm sure you could make your own arrangement.They are pretty quiet, so I'm sure costs would be favourable. Mr. Chanthong is there every day, and the big woodworking area is on the left side of Home Mart.

Go have a look.. Very interesting!
He now has a notice with pricing @120 Baht per hour
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

fogeyes
udonmap.com

Post by fogeyes » October 23, 2019, 11:49 am

I went to this place today as I needed a couple of strips of wood cutting to size
I met Mr Chanthong and he did this job for me for free
Thanks again, very kind
AE1DD67A-4E30-4B15-8D94-CC3BF37CD004.jpeg

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”